Guess it's up to the Colt's next weekend
JE3146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 05:59 PM   #22
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Chargers prayer

Bwaaaaahhhaaaahhaaahaaaa!

So much easier for the Colts next week.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 06:01 PM   #23
shvictor
Instigator

First Name: Steve
Trading: (40)
Partagas
shvictor is a jewel in the roughshvictor is a jewel in the roughshvictor is a jewel in the roughshvictor is a jewel in the rough

Wow
Old 01-17-2010, 06:06 PM   #24
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazzBarlow View Post
Our Father, who art at Quallcomm
I'm sorry to say that God was in Minnesota today

Old 01-17-2010, 06:26 PM   #25
Thrak
.. the man from Nantucket

Trading: (2)
HUpmann
Thrak is on a distinguished road

So Chargers fans, do you miss Marty yet?

I'm glad they lost, I cant stand Rivers arrogance.
Thrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 07:01 PM   #26
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Blasphemy?!? Me???!!!! Nah!
See? Ya jinxed 'em!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 07:11 PM   #27
white_s2k
The Dude Abides

First Name: Josh
Trading: (20)
white_s2k is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinCA View Post
I'm sorry to say that God was in Minnesota today

He sure was.

I was rooting for SD, maybe Rex Ryan's "We should be favored through the Super Bowl" comment wasn't so stupid after all. Jets are playing some great football right now, going to be two great games next weekend.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:32 PM   #28
RazzBarlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
See? Ya jinxed 'em!

Nah, I jinxed my PM box. Evidently others shared your view

Marshall
Old 01-17-2010, 07:34 PM   #29
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Nah, I jinxed my PM box. Evidently others shared your view

Marshall
I wasn't truly offended, Marshall...but I did fear some might be. I know it was all in good fun.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 01-17-2010, 08:13 PM   #30
Cigary

Rivers is a good QB but he does not instill confidence in those around him as he appears agitated and that transfers to the rest of the squad. QB's like Montana, Elway, Manning and others lead by example and that means you don't run around looking like you are trying to land a jet on a carrier. Calm, self assuredness is something he needs to learn in order for him to be the complete QB. He gets too spirited in the game and on the field and the QB coach should calm him down. just an observation from a monday morning QB.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:15 PM   #31
chachee52
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Todd
Trading: (2)
chachee52 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negncic View Post
Which Jets touchdown did you see?
Well I turned in on for the first, than saw the second too. What the hell happened? The Chargers looked so good before this game. The Jets didn't even realize they were going to be in the play-offs!!! That wasn't supposed to happen. I know a lot of people that lost a lot of money this weekend!!!
Old 01-17-2010, 08:26 PM   #32
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachee52 View Post
Well I turned in on for the first, than saw the second too. What the hell happened? The Chargers looked so good before this game. The Jets didn't even realize they were going to be in the play-offs!!! That wasn't supposed to happen. I know a lot of people that lost a lot of money this weekend!!!
That means a lot of people won some money too.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:33 PM   #33
RazzBarlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigary View Post
Rivers is a good QB but he does not instill confidence in those around him as he appears agitated and that transfers to the rest of the squad. QB's like Montana, Elway, Manning and others lead by example and that means you don't run around looking like you are trying to land a jet on a carrier. Calm, self assuredness is something he needs to learn in order for him to be the complete QB. He gets too spirited in the game and on the field and the QB coach should calm him down. just an observation from a monday morning QB.
I agree with Gary on this one. The great ones (Montana, Elway, Marino, Fouts, Aikman, Favre, Manning to name a few) seem to find a way to win and make their teams better when the poop hits the air conditioner. Rivers, on the other hand, gets caught up in the minute stuff, including loudly arguing a interception call today that he was clearly wrong on. He finds a way to lose. He needs to learn how to be a general and step back and see the big picture. I don't know if it's in his makeup to be able to do that. He's extremely talented and has a great arm, great touch and an ability to read defenses. What he lacks is leadership. True leadership that makes the others around you want to walk through fire for you. Brett Favre has it, Drew Brees has it, Peyton Manning has it, Ray Lewis has it. These guys don't TRY to put this in others, it just happens naturally. When a great player (and a guy who I believe has some of these natural qualities) like LaDanian Tomlinson can't stand sitting next to you on a bench...it speaks volumes about your ability to lead.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:43 PM   #34
Cigary

Quote:
I agree with Gary on this one. The great ones (Montana, Elway, Marino, Fouts, Aikman, Favre, Manning to name a few) seem to find a way to win and make their teams better when the poop hits the air conditioner. Rivers, on the other hand, gets caught up in the minute stuff, including loudly arguing a interception call today that he was clearly wrong on. He finds a way to lose. He needs to learn how to be a general and step back and see the big picture. I don't know if it's in his makeup to be able to do that. He's extremely talented and has a great arm, great touch and an ability to read defenses. What he lacks is leadership. True leadership that makes the others around you want to walk through fire for you. Brett Favre has it, Drew Brees has it, Peyton Manning has it, Ray Lewis has it. These guys don't TRY to put this in others, it just happens naturally. When a great player (and a guy who I believe has some of these natural qualities) like LaDanian Tomlinson can't stand sitting next to you on a bench...it speaks volumes about your ability to lead.
Amen Marshall. You can see it in their faces and body language and they will always be a bridesmaid and never the bride with this kind of look.