Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 12-16-2023, 10:29 PM   #1
borndead1
Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla

First Name: Mark
Trading: (7)
Partagas
borndead1 has a spectacular aura aboutborndead1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Padron 1926 #9 natural

This cigar is way fatter than I normally like (56 rg) but it's box pressed, so that makes it a little better. A little better. This cigar was part of a sampler. I am not 100% sure, but I don't think I've ever smoked a Padron 1926.

Where do I begin with Padron? I think most of their cigars are very overrated. The only really good ones are the really expensive ones, and even those aren't worth the coin. I know I will get some hate for that, but oh well. I don't pay attention to ratings. I don't pay attention to hype. I don't pay attention to prices. I pay attention to my palate. If a cigar is good, I'm gonna know/say it's good, whether it's $2 or $40. If a hyped cigar is worth the hype, I'm gonna acknowledge that.

OK, rant over. Let's get to the review.

This is a really good cigar.

First 1/3...A noticeable sweetness on the draw; woodsy and spicy through the nose. Medium 'strength'. Good burn; no corrections needed. Perfect draw, which is unusual for Padron, as most of their cigars have a very loose draw from my experience.

Second 1/3...woodsy flavor has taken center stage. Good burn; no corrections. The intensity of flavor has subsided quite a bit. The sweetness on the draw is gone, but I taste a sweetness on the finish.

Last 1/3...same as second 1/3. Fairly one-dimensional flavor; woodsy flavor is dominant, especially through the nose. I let this cigar die at around 1".

Final thoughts...at $20/stick, I'd rather smoke Cubans.
Old 12-17-2023, 12:03 PM   #2
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Padron 1926 #9 natural

I hear you on the $20 choice, Mark. Though if I do splurge on a premium Padron, it's almost always a 1926 natty of some vitola.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 03:17 PM   #3
MaytagMan
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Bill
Trading: (1)
VR
MaytagMan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Padron 1926 #9 natural

Yeah I feel you too. While I do enjoy a PAM 64 and all, I usually only buy them if there is a good deal somewhere.