Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #2521
0002S
Alla En El Rancho Grande

First Name: Shawn
Trading: (3)
Montecristo
0002S will become famous soon enough0002S will become famous soon enough
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Old 01-28-2012, 07:41 PM   #2522
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0002S View Post
nice sub2000. No matter what anyone says i have not had a problem with keltec and i have owned 2 of their guns. It's nice that they are FL based
Old 01-28-2012, 07:43 PM   #2523
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Carlos, if you are ever in the market for an IWB holster for the sigma or glock or even the lcp check out Theis Holsters @ theisholsters.com
He's a one man shop that makes them by hand. I carry my 5" barrel 1911 in one every day. Great guy and great holster.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #2524
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
Anyone familiar with this?
With grandchildren, can't simply leave it loaded in a drawer for home protection.
Figured this will do the trick in giving me quickest access possible while maintaining total safety for grandkids.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...Stand+Two+Tone
Carlos, Get the gunvault. It sits on your nightstand, is easy to open, and locks onto the bedpost and can travel.

Nobody is prying that open with a screwdriver.

The CWP is taking like 2 weeks to get in Fla as opposed to the 4 months plus when I got mine about 5 years ago.

I'd also think about a talk with the grandkids at some point explaining the dangers of a gun and the importance of never going near them without an adult. I did that with my little one.

Last edited by floydpink; 01-28-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:42 PM   #2525
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation

My 38 Smith looks like the ugly step child to a lot of these fancy new semi autos, but I feel so positive that it will work if needed, I wouldn't trade it for anything. The most compelling reason for owning it is the fact that with my small frame it is barely noticeable in hot Florida weather in my cargo shorts, which means it's something I don't leave in the safe at home because it's a hassle to carry.

I've been through the spectrum of handguns from Kel Tecs to Glocks and find this to be the perfect conceal weapon.

Last edited by floydpink; 01-28-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #2526
WyGuy
Boiler Up!

First Name: Mike
Trading: (16)
Bolivar
WyGuy will become famous soon enoughWyGuy will become famous soon enough

Looking for some recommendations for sights/optics for my first AR15. Would love to buy a red dot/holographic but don't really have the $400+ for an Eotec or Aimpoint, are the cheaper knockoffs any good or would I just be wasting money? As far as iron sights, are the Magpul BUIS sights good enough for primary sights or should I be looking for something with a little for quality? Going to be using the AR mainly as a range toy and maybe for HD if that matters. Thanks.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:33 PM   #2527
0002S
Alla En El Rancho Grande

First Name: Shawn
Trading: (3)
Montecristo
0002S will become famous soon enough0002S will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyGuy View Post
Looking for some recommendations for sights/optics for my first AR15. Would love to buy a red dot/holographic but don't really have the $400+ for an Eotec or Aimpoint, are the cheaper knockoffs any good or would I just be wasting money? As far as iron sights, are the Magpul BUIS sights good enough for primary sights or should I be looking for something with a little for quality? Going to be using the AR mainly as a range toy and maybe for HD if that matters. Thanks.
This is a very good budget conscious alternative to the Aimpoint T1.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_...6lhmbundle.htm
Old 01-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #2528
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyGuy View Post
Check out Vortex. Not cheap but less than 400ish
Old 01-29-2012, 04:50 PM   #2529
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
Carlos, if you are ever in the market for an IWB holster for the sigma or glock or even the lcp check out Theis Holsters @ theisholsters.com
He's a one man shop that makes them by hand. I carry my 5" barrel 1911 in one every day. Great guy and great holster.
Good stuff thanks

Any suggestions for a boot holster? I wear western boots 6 out of 7 days.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:39 PM   #2530
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
Good stuff thanks

Any suggestions for a boot holster? I wear western boots 6 out of 7 days.
Only thing i can think of is depending on how tight the boot is to the calf, you could use an ankle holster. If anything ankle carry should be enhanced by the boot holding the gun even better.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:38 PM   #2531
WyGuy
Boiler Up!

First Name: Mike
Trading: (16)
Bolivar
WyGuy will become famous soon enoughWyGuy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0002S View Post
This is a very good budget conscious alternative to the Aimpoint T1.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_...6lhmbundle.htm
Thanks! Looks like it has some pretty decent reviews and I really like the price.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:27 PM   #2532
DrDubzz
Formerly RX2010

First Name: Tim
Trading: (34)
Bolivar AirForce (Active)
DrDubzz has a spectacular aura aboutDrDubzz has a spectacular aura about

Just ordered a Savage 10FPRS .308 threaded barrel
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...8+THREADED+BBL

But now I need a scope, I'm looking for recommendations. I have up to 450 to spend on it, it would be used primarily for target shooting and hopefully some hog/deer hunting, no long range competition shooting or anything. I can't really see myself shooting over 500 yards (not at first anyway).

I am considering this, http://www.midwayusa.com/product/950...la=ProductDesc

I always hear about spending the cost of the rifle on glass, or twice the cost, etc.

This is "cheap" but has great reviews, I'm just curious if spending the whole 450 would result in a significantly better scope or pissing money away.

Also, other than ammo, if there are any other must have accessories let me know.

Thanks!
Old 01-31-2012, 08:36 PM   #2533
Digs
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Dennis
Digs will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX2010 View Post
Just ordered a Savage 10FPRS .308 threaded barrel
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...8+THREADED+BBL

But now I need a scope, I'm looking for recommendations. I have up to 450 to spend on it, it would be used primarily for target shooting and hopefully some hog/deer hunting, no long range competition shooting or anything. I can't really see myself shooting over 500 yards (not at first anyway).

I am considering this, http://www.midwayusa.com/product/950...la=ProductDesc

I always hear about spending the cost of the rifle on glass, or twice the cost, etc.

This is "cheap" but has great reviews, I'm just curious if spending the whole 450 would result in a significantly better scope or pissing money away.

Also, other than ammo, if there are any other must have accessories let me know.

Thanks!
Do you have local Cabelas? They usually have cases full of scopes, go window shopping! My buddy recently had his hart set on a Redfield- with a little shopping around found it for almost a $100 less! But Cabelas is were I would start shopping, pick em up and examine the reticle styles.

A gun in your hand is better then a cop on the phone
Old 01-31-2012, 08:40 PM   #2534
DrDubzz
Formerly RX2010

First Name: Tim
Trading: (34)
Bolivar AirForce (Active)
DrDubzz has a spectacular aura aboutDrDubzz has a spectacular aura about

we have one about an hour up the road, I'll be stopping there on friday, but I guess my main issue is, what makes a scope good? What features, at a minimum, do I need for 100-200 yard target shooting and up to maybe 300 yard hunting medium game?
Old 01-31-2012, 08:51 PM   #2535
Digs
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Dennis
Digs will become famous soon enough

The power (3x9) / size of the objective / type of reticle / construction/ brand. (would prolly stay with a 3x9)

Redfields are american made, I have taken apart some pretty looking chinese knock-offs but there internal construction was poor, wouldnt have installed them on a BB gun!

A gun in your hand is better then a cop on the phone
Old 01-31-2012, 09:21 PM   #2536
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

anyone in here shoot IDPA?
Old 02-01-2012, 12:59 AM   #2537
Poronico
Teh Forever Noob

First Name: Jesse
Trading: (5)
Bolivar
Poronico will become famous soon enoughPoronico will become famous soon enough

OK... So I have the itch again and I am torn... I know these are two completely different guns but I am having a hard time deciding on what to pull the trigger on... FN 5.7 or the FN-P Tactical in .45ACP. Either one will have a threaded barrel and a can in the near future but I am having a hard time deciding. I am currently sitting on 2 .45's and love the round but if I get the 5.7 it will be just another toy I have to stock up on ammo for... BAH! I need to win the lotto.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:29 AM   #2538
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Jesse, I vote for the FNP-45 Tactical. 5.7 ammo is soooooooo expensive
Old 02-01-2012, 02:59 AM   #2539
Poronico
Teh Forever Noob

First Name: Jesse
Trading: (5)
Bolivar
Poronico will become famous soon enoughPoronico will become famous soon enough

The shop I go to has the 5.7 ammo priced the same as the .40 and .45 ammo or within 10-15 cents per box.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:10 AM   #2540
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

You could say go with .45acp because it is generally easier to find nationwide incase the zombies come...