Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 01-11-2009, 09:32 PM   #41
ChasDen

Default Re: Injured at work

Here is to a speedy recovery

Look on the bright side in about 3 weeks you will have lots of time to organize the vino

Chas
Old 01-14-2009, 12:26 PM   #42
fissure
DHC Black Ops

First Name: Steve
Trading: (48)
Partagas
fissure has disabled reputation

In case anyone wanted to know, Andrew just got out of surgery and is in recovery now. Everything went fine, but took longer than expected since the first time he broke it, it never healed correctly.
fissure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:31 PM   #43
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the update... I knew he was having the surgery this week but had forgotten what day. If there is anything he needs let me know.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:45 PM   #44
bob staebell

Not to put a damper on your cigar plans, but you may want to read this.

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/brok...okingbones.htm

There have been a number of studies over the years on healing rates & non-unions (failure to heal) of broken bones & smokers vs non smokers. Something to think about.

cheers,
Bob
Old 01-14-2009, 06:35 PM   #45
Conch Republican
10-78

Trading: (60)
HUpmann
Conch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Sailor View Post
Andrew, I have just the fix to make you feel better.....start smokin your brothers cigars!! Heal fast my friend.

And when he run's out - grab some from Dave - he is on the water :
Old 01-15-2009, 08:40 AM   #46
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob staebell View Post
Not to put a damper on your cigar plans, but you may want to read this.

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/brok...okingbones.htm

There have been a number of studies over the years on healing rates & non-unions (failure to heal) of broken bones & smokers vs non smokers. Something to think about.

cheers,
Bob
Doc. told me to not smoke for a while. The first time I broke it they never did surgery and it healed with scar tissue. Now I have a screw in my wrist. Won't be smoking for a bit but don' plan on giving it up. Thanks for the article.
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:46 AM   #47
poker
1:11

First Name: Kelly
Trading: (7)
Cohiba
poker has disabled reputation

Wishing a speedy & full recovery for you.

You could always download some movies on your Xbox to help pass the time with your favorite smoke!

Cigar Asylum: A cigar board birthed without agendas, without profiting, and without advertisements. Amor puro

Character is what you do when no one is watching
poker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:56 AM   #48
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPD6030 View Post
Doc. told me to not smoke for a while. The first time I broke it they never did surgery and it healed with scar tissue. Now I have a screw in my wrist. Won't be smoking for a bit but don' plan on giving it up. Thanks for the article.

The Cincinnati Herf sounds like a good time to have a few sticks.

Best of luck on the recovery
Old 01-15-2009, 11:08 AM   #49
CigaSkills9
Formerly Lt. Skills

First Name: Michael
Trading: (1)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
CigaSkills9 is on a distinguished road

Glad surgery went well. Sorry but the no smoking hit. Have a fast and speedy recovery, they need you out there on the streets! be safe and Peace!
Old 01-15-2009, 03:28 PM   #50
Diesel Kinevel

Its good to hear your surgery went well, enjoy the time off, but Im sure your probably itching to get back to work/out of the house
Old 01-20-2009, 04:42 PM   #51
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of
Default Scar photo

About a 2 1/2-3 inch nice scar on my right belt-line hip area. Yes, that seems to be fishing line. I can't see stitches but can see two loops of what appears to be monofilament. Not much to get excited about but I thought I'd share. That scar hurts worse than my wrist with the screw in it. If I can have them send me a total cost on what the operation cost the insurance I may have a contest like Scott did when he had his back surgery.
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote