Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2018, 07:42 AM   #1
asantiago
Cigar O'clock yet?
 
asantiago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: NE PA
Posts: 16
Trading: (0)
asantiago is on a distinguished road
Default Xicar XO cutter

Bought this cutter a few weeks ago just because of the cool factor. What you get is a life time warranty and a very cool cutter with small openings where you can see the gears doing their thing. Is it going to make your cigar smoking experience better, no but coolness factor is very high. So if you like gadgets and like to collect cutters and lighters like I do then I highly recommend this cutter.
asantiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 09:37 AM   #2
Dux
Lebowski Urban Achiever!
 
Dux's Avatar
1
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,101
Trading: (24)
Partagas
Dux has disabled reputation
Default Re: Xicar XO cutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by asantiago View Post
Bought this cutter a few weeks ago just because of the cool factor. What you get is a life time warranty and a very cool cutter with small openings where you can see the gears doing their thing. Is it going to make your cigar smoking experience better, no but coolness factor is very high. So if you like gadgets and like to collect cutters and lighters like I do then I highly recommend this cutter.
I actually really like mine, I didn't know what to expect but it turned out to be my new favorite accessory.
Dux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 09:47 AM   #3
asantiago
Cigar O'clock yet?
 
asantiago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: NE PA
Posts: 16
Trading: (0)
asantiago is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Xicar XO cutter

I do like mine and use it often but it doesn't cut any better than my 8 years old Palio that I lost and was one of the reasons I bought the XO. I got the rosewood and it is beautiful and just cool looking !
asantiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 09:52 AM   #4
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag
 
icehog3's Avatar
15
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Tom
Location: Kindergarten Cop
Posts: 61,312
Trading: (59)
RA
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Xicar XO cutter

Like this cutter a lot. Now I'm looking for a new V-cutter too, the one I currently have has started to mangle my cigar heads.
__________________


Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:29 AM   #5
Dux
Lebowski Urban Achiever!
 
Dux's Avatar
1
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,101
Trading: (24)
Partagas
Dux has disabled reputation
Default Re: Xicar XO cutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Like this cutter a lot. Now I'm looking for a new V-cutter too, the one I currently have has started to mangle my cigar heads.
I've been extremely happy with the v cut from xikar. Love the weight and cut
Dux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 12:17 PM   #6
Buckeye Jack
Havana Daydreamin'
 
Buckeye Jack's Avatar
2
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Jack
Location: Dublin, OH (Columbus)
Posts: 671
Trading: (34)
HUpmann
Buckeye Jack will become famous soon enoughBuckeye Jack will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Xicar XO cutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Like this cutter a lot. Now I'm looking for a new V-cutter too, the one I currently have has started to mangle my cigar heads.
An elf told me I would be opening a Xikar VX2 V-Cutter tomorrow morning.....in Buckeye Red!

I'll let you know how I like it
Buckeye Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 04:09 PM   #7
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag
 
icehog3's Avatar
15
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Tom
Location: Kindergarten Cop
Posts: 61,312
Trading: (59)
RA
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Xicar XO cutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dux View Post
I've been extremely happy with the v cut from xikar. Love the weight and cut
Thanks Doug. The cut is deep enough? The only complaint I've seen in looking at some reviews is that some say the cut isn't deep enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Jack View Post
An elf told me I would be opening a Xikar VX2 V-Cutter tomorrow morning.....in Buckeye Red!

I'll let you know how I like it
Merry Christmas, Jack! Looking forward to your take.
__________________


Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 05:17 PM   #8
Dux
Lebowski Urban Achiever!
 
Dux's Avatar
1
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,101
Trading: (24)
Partagas
Dux has disabled reputation
Default Re: Xicar XO cutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Thanks Doug. The cut is deep enough? The only complaint I've seen in looking at some reviews is that some say the cut isn't deep enough.
For me yes, but that's because I don't smoke those big ass RG cigars.
Dux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 09:53 AM   #9
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag
 
icehog3's Avatar
15
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Tom
Location: Kindergarten Cop
Posts: 61,312
Trading: (59)
RA
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Xicar XO cutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dux View Post
For me yes, but that's because I don't smoke those big ass RG cigars.
I really don't either, so it might work for me.

Doug is a yes. Waiting to hear Jack's review. But I'm thinking this might be my first purchase of 2019.
__________________


Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content is copyrighted jointly by Cigar Asylum and the content provider.