Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 05-16-2011, 05:55 PM   #1521
fhrblig
Real cars have 3 pedals

First Name: Bob
Trading: (0)
fhrblig is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Losing Weight with Starscream

Thanks, man! I've done it before, so I know I can do it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
May I suggest that when you lose your first 25 that you smoke for at least a week? Cigars are too good to only smoke ONE every 25 lbs lost.
Ha, I couldn't do that now! I'm such a lightweight (so to speak) compared to some of the other guys on this board. If I smoked a cigar every day for a week, there'd be vomiting the likes of which you've NEVER SEEN!
fhrblig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:55 PM   #1522
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

welcome bob

how you get to smoke that next reward cigar soon!
hscmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:39 AM   #1523
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Three days straight of extensive cardio. I'm sore and I've gained two pounds. Taking today off for rest so my weigh in tomorrow might look decent.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:55 AM   #1524
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Hola from sunny Buenos Aires. I"m certainly in a quandry down here as far as eating. Steak, pizza, pasta, sweets. That's about it and all bad for a diabetic. At least the plant cafeteria has salads along with the main courses. Eating a lot of those.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:34 AM   #1525
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Don't stray to far, Bob.

Insert quote here.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:33 AM   #1526
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome on board, Bob!!!
Looking forward to seeing how you get it done.

Tough break on being stuck in Paradise with awesome food you can't eat, Pierogi King.
I started losing weight when Lisa and I went on our honeymoon in Punta Cana. The food was ever-present and awesome. The restaurants were all amazing, but with multiple course fancy food the portions were small.
That really helped me. It really drove home the fact that food is around all the time and I don't have to eat like it's my last meal every time I sit down.
I lost weight on my vacation, changed my "how much I eat" habits, and haven't changed back. I swear, everything I do is bass-ackwards.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:28 AM   #1527
ashtonlady
The Lady is Here

First Name: Laura
Trading: (8)
Navy (Served With Honor)
ashtonlady will become famous soon enoughashtonlady will become famous soon enough

Ok, this thread has been calling my name for too long. My name is Laura and I weigh 220. My husband was reciently diagnosed with diabetes so what we eat and portion size has changed. I just need to get out and start exercising. Can I come in here or is this just for boys?
ashtonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:41 AM   #1528
kgoings
Cigarologist

First Name: Kirk
Trading: (42)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
kgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the rough

Tomorrow is weigh in! Insanity is getting easier but my legs are finished when I am done
Old 05-17-2011, 12:05 PM   #1529
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonlady View Post
Ok, this thread has been calling my name for too long. My name is Laura and I weigh 220. My husband was reciently diagnosed with diabetes so what we eat and portion size has changed. I just need to get out and start exercising. Can I come in here or is this just for boys?
Of course you can join. Welcome, Laura!!!
Andy is kinda mean sometimes, he's like a some kinda bootcamp badass, so don't let him hurt your feelings. Aside from that, you'll have fun.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:10 PM   #1530
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonlady View Post
Of course you are welcome here. The more the merrier. Lots of good info in here, and you can also see how others have succeeded/failed/still working at it.

Welcome aboard!

Insert quote here.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:11 PM   #1531
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Of course you can join. Welcome, Laura!!!
Andy is kinda mean sometimes, he's like a some kinda bootcamp badass, so don't let him hurt your feelings. Aside from that, you'll have fun.

Insert quote here.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:14 PM   #1532
ashtonlady
The Lady is Here

First Name: Laura
Trading: (8)
Navy (Served With Honor)
ashtonlady will become famous soon enoughashtonlady will become famous soon enough

Thank you Scott. My goal is 125 lbs and to be able to walk 5miles a day. Tonight I start with a 30 min walk. I also need to cut back on my beer consumption.
ashtonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:21 PM   #1533
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Welcome aboard Bob and Laura. Congrats on the Insanity Kirk. It's like our own "Biggest Loser", but no one gets voted off.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:23 PM   #1534
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
Pierogi King.
Ha! Someone finally noticed that. Figured it was appropriate a couple years ago when we'd make 25-30 dozen pierogi during the holidays. Most would be given away.

I haven't had one in probably 6 months.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:06 PM   #1535
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Ha! Someone finally noticed that. Figured it was appropriate a couple years ago when we'd make 25-30 dozen pierogi during the holidays. Most would be given away.

I haven't had one in probably 6 months.
I'll make some for dinner in your honor. I have home-made cleveland polander pierogis in the freezer.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:16 PM   #1536
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
I'll make some for dinner in your honor. I have home-made cleveland polander pierogis in the freezer.
Enjoy! those sound delicious.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:22 PM   #1537
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Enjoy! those sound delicious.
I couldn't find the pierogis, so I went with pigs-in-the-blanket (or galumpki for real polanders). Then as soon as I dug them out, I found the pierogis.
So pigs it is. I won't be having much because it's way more potassium than I'm allowed, but it'll be a nice change of pace.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:06 AM   #1538
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Found a great Italian place last night not that far from the hotel. Not that much of a Italian meal, more Spanish to be precise, but very good. Appetizer platter of serrano ham, machego cheese, roasted red peppers with oil/garlic, some grilled chorizo sausage and a mixed salad. Yea, lots of fat, but not that many carbs.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:16 AM   #1539
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

Sounds great Bob!

Welcome Laura!

I came home last night starving!
I walked through the door and headed straight to the kitchen and was searching wildly for anything to stuff in my face.
My wife came over, told me to jump in the shower, and she would whip something up for me.
She Lied!
I got out, and she said, I didn't need to eat and I should just go to bed. I listened.
I woke up this morning still hungry.
I stopped at a 7-11 and grabbed a banana.
I shoved the banana down my throat with all the grace of a B Actress looking for her big break.
In the end, I feel like a huge fatso for not being able to control my appetite,
but I'm happy I grabbed the banana instead of the sausage egg and cheese I wanted.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:41 AM   #1540
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

You can eat a lot of bananas and still be good, Dom. Don't feel guilty about eating fruit.

242 again today. At least it's not a gain, and I believe at least a pound of that today is from all the beans in my stomach from last night's taco soup. Does gas carry weight?

Insert quote here.