Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 06-02-2009, 09:56 AM   #521
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Losing Weight with Andysutherland

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MG- View Post
If you happen to be going to 24hr Fitness, check out their membership deal at Costco, it's by far the best deal around that I've seen. $300/2yrs if I remember correctly, with no additional hidden costs.
Sounds like a good deal, but only a local gym in my town. No big names here. They want $45 a month, but I hear they give state employee/teacher discounts. I'll have to check it out today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I've gone from 248 to 218 since this thread started, through no help of my own. *shrug*
It may be through no help of your own, but it's still a loss.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:09 AM   #522
kayaker

Life is really hectic these days with no semblance of regularity. I don't have a regular weigh-in day any more, so I'll just post up when I do get a chance to do it. On the plus side, I've weighed in at 230 for the last 2 mornings, which is a 2lb drop since my last check in.

To get the weight loss for this summer, we should all agree to do 20 push ups for every piece of meat on the BBQ and 10 sit-ups for every beer. That should help.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:24 AM   #523
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I think the first guy to 199 should have to buy the chocolate pudding.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:42 AM   #524
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Willing to bet I won't be the one buying the pudding

Insert quote here.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:46 AM   #525
kayaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
Willing to bet I won't be the one buying the pudding
If I cut off one of my legs I could be there quickly.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:08 AM   #526
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker View Post
If I cut off one of my legs I could be there quickly.
Leg pudding...

Off day from the gym. Walked/ran 2 miles around the neighborhood last night. I really feel great this past week.

Insert quote here.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:38 AM   #527
kayaker

Quote:
Leg pudding...

Off day from the gym. Walked/ran 2 miles around the neighborhood last night. I really feel great this past week.

I'm teaching a kayaking course this weekend, but I'm also back at my thesis again, so there will be lots of desk jockeying.

Way to keep the spirit going Andy. You'll be back under 240 soon enough.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:15 PM   #528
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

After three days at the gym and a decent dedication to my diet I am somehow up to 248lbs this morning.

Get in there and work harder, focus more on cardio. Worked on back and shoulders yesterday, then did 30 min. on the elliptical.

Insert quote here.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:59 AM   #529
Shaerza
Weasel

First Name: Dan
Trading: (0)
Partagas
Shaerza is on a distinguished road

Quote:
After three days at the gym and a decent dedication to my diet I am somehow up to 248lbs this morning.

Get in there and work harder, focus more on cardio. Worked on back and shoulders yesterday, then did 30 min. on the elliptical.
Your muscles may be storing more water now that you are lifting. Dont let the number game bother you yet as long as ya are sticking to the plan.
Shaerza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:56 AM   #530
pmwz
Adjusting to the Life

pmwz is on a distinguished road

i am down to 255. Hitting the gym for the 7th time this week tomorrow morning.
pmwz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 01:39 PM   #531
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaerza View Post
Your muscles may be storing more water now that you are lifting. Dont let the number game bother you yet as long as ya are sticking to the plan.

Sounds good to me.

Thirty min. of cardio on the elliptical machine today.

Insert quote here.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:11 PM   #532
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Leg day at the gym.
Hoping for some decent numbers this week.

Insert quote here.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:56 AM   #533
kayaker

Bought a new set of scales. Should be more accurate/reliable than the old ones. Only $25 at Costco.

I've been hovering around 230-235, which is not bad, but I'm not making any further progress beyond 230. I'll weigh in again on Friday morning and see how I'm doing.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:11 PM   #534
-MG-

Despite my not seeing the inside of the gym in over a week, I'm down to 207.2. Gotta get back to the gym though, I've been charting my progress, and it's much slower lately.

Looks like I need to be careful, or I'll be oweing Scott some pudding pretty soon
Old 06-09-2009, 02:18 PM   #535
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MG- View Post
Despite my not seeing the inside of the gym in over a week, I'm down to 207.2. Gotta get back to the gym though, I've been charting my progress, and it's much slower lately.

Looks like I need to be careful, or I'll be oweing Scott some pudding pretty soon
Where's Bill Cosby when you need him?!

Insert quote here.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:13 PM   #536
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Messed up for lunch today. Went with some of the other teachers on my hall to the Chinese buffet in town. That was a mistake. Ate two full plates. Also today is supposed to be my off day at the gym, going back on Friday and Saturday. But I'm going camping this weekend and won't make it to the gym again until Monday.

Insert quote here.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:32 PM   #537
kayaker

Had a gain of 2.4 lbs over my last official weigh in. I'm teaching another kayak course this weekend so I hope to make up for that. On the down side, I think I'm looking for more snack breaks to escape working on my thesis.

Oh well. I'll keep plugging away at it.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:22 AM   #538
Shaerza
Weasel

First Name: Dan
Partagas
Shaerza is on a distinguished road

Hows everyone doing?

I fell off my plan to diet for a couple months leading up to a family reunion on the 4th. Was back up 4lbs after a glorious night of 18 beers. I am going to seriously buckle down for the next 2 weeks here and see if I cant drop the 6lbs to get under 180 before the reunion. I may even try to cut out the booze for these few weeks.

Hope you guys are seeing some losses!
Shaerza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:47 PM   #539
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Weighed in at 243 again yesterday evening after getting back in from vacation. Skipped the gym today, so I'll have to double up tomorrow. Chest, shoulders, and legs all in one day? May have to save shoulders for Wednesday.

Insert quote here.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:25 PM   #540
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

216.2 this morning, 218.6 right now, all fed and hydrated.
I haven't seen 216 for 10 years.
I'd be even better, but I had a date for lunch and ate a crab cake and 5 glasses of lemon water. Ate all the green stuff, too. It was at Ruby Tuesday's, it was good, too.
The date went real well, too. A chick my age. Too smart and good looking though. She's got way too much sense to get mixed up with me.