Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 01-26-2012, 08:01 AM   #2501
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation
Default Re: Losing Weight with Starscream

Got a new scale, fear it will add some lbs. But, at least I know I have a reliable scale now.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:20 AM   #2502
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

245 this week. I've slacked off for a while now and figured I'd get back on track. I've lost 10lbs since Jan. 4th. I'm five pounds heavier than I was this summer, so I've got some work to do.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:43 AM   #2503
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

You can do it Andy. Just think how good you'll look in a speedo come summer.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:46 AM   #2504
hotreds

Bolivar

Old 01-26-2012, 10:47 AM   #2505
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Damn you Hugh. Not a picture I wanted to see.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:38 AM   #2506
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

I did it!!! After weeks of plateauing, I hit my weight goal. 185.8 this morning. Although now I think 175 maybe doable. Lol.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:08 AM   #2507
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Well done, Bob!!!
I think if I go below 185 they'll start kicking sand in my face.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:50 AM   #2508
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

That should be a pretty solid number. I don't think I'll get back to the 190's, and I ate good yesterday.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:14 AM   #2509
hotreds

Bolivar

Bravo, y'all! Weigh in tomorrow- new scale added almost ten lbs, but I reckon I might as well know the correct figure!
Old 02-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #2510
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
I did it!!! After weeks of plateauing, I hit my weight goal. 185.8 this morning. Although now I think 175 maybe doable. Lol.
CONGRATS, Bob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
That should be a pretty solid number. I don't think I'll get back to the 190's, and I ate good yesterday.
CONGRATS, Scott!
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:22 AM   #2511
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

188.4 this morning.
I have officially lost 60 pounds, almost 1/4th of my mass.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:15 PM   #2512
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

im doing the 6 or 7 small meals a day thing
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #2513
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
I'm down to 211( 210.9 ) this morning.... Since this started January 1st, I'm down 11lbs in my journey to get to 200lbs by mid March. I am truly amazed the difference I can see with 11lbs....
Down to 206.5 this morning(10:00 AM). Don't know where I am going to sneak in a workout today(a lot of kids sporting events today), but it will be done!

Down 16ish lbs....feeling great...
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #2514
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Excellent new EJ. Such a great feeling seeing that number drop, huh?

I've missed my last few runs this week. Was going to get one in yesterday but my head decided to start throbbing. Been battling it still today. So it's just rest and hope this goes away.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #2515
maconusmile

So my wife and I have decided to start this medically monitored very low calorie diet (VLCD). We are very excited to start this new program as we will be losing about 100 pounds each, and hopefully I will be able to get off of my insulin pump and all other medications as well as my cpap machine. My wife is not diabetic but I am T2. I had my full blood lab work and urinalysis done three days ago, got weighed in at 283 pounds. I went to meet with my "Life Coach" today and we discussed my target weight and came up with around 180 pounds since I am 5'11" and my BMI is 41.7 and considered morbidly obese. This VLCD consists of (4) 200 calorie meal replacements per day and the only real food besides that you can eat is celery and (2) pickles a day. I need to ask but she said you cannot have coffee but are allowed a small amount of decaf tea and all the crystal light and sugar free jello you want. This is going to be a really tough diet to get used to but she sad after the first week it is not that bad as it puts your body into ketosis that switches your carbohydrate metabolism over to fat burning metabolism to burn the years of accumulated fat off very quickly. She said the first two weeks her clients usually lose about 20 pounds for the men and 12 pounds for the women and then about 3 to 5 pounds per week after that until you get to you "plateau" and she said you must introduce some heavier exercise into the mix. She said I should be around my target weight of 180 pounds in about 5 months then we go into the transition phase of the program where the diaticians will start introducing you to healthy foods again. It seems like a well organized/ structured program as we have to attend coaching classes at least once per week and they do urinalysis to check ketones and blood work every other week to check organ functions since it is such a low calorie diet. There is three phases to the program. The first phase is called "reducing" which is just mainly the meal replacements. The second part is called "transitions" which is one or two meals and then a 200 calorie meal replacement that is controlled with the diaticians and behaviorists. The third and final part is called "balance" and that is just basically eating healthy and exercising regularly and keeping your weight under control. My life coach also stated that the "balance" part of the program is the hardest part of the program as this is where you are changing the way you think about life/ food and cannot slip back into your old eating habits. They have a doctor on staff that looks over all the labs and she said he would be working closely with my endo especially in the beginning of this whole thing until I am completely off of insulin. We are very excited to get this show on the road but we don't start until 2/16/12
Old 02-04-2012, 03:33 PM   #2516
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

I wish you and your wife the very best in this endeavor. It'd take me tons of prayer and a padlock on my mouth to make it work. Fortunately you guys are doing it together, that should make all the difference in the world.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #2517
backwoods357
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Jorgen
Trading: (14)
backwoods357 will become famous soon enough

Good for you brother!
Working has really put a hurt on my weightloss, a combo of the stress, lack of sleep and food. The wife and I just bought a treadmill (nordictrack t5.7) nothing fancy but I got it for less than $600 delivered. Time to get back on track.
backwoods357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:46 AM   #2518
Jasonw560
PhD from Sarcastic State

First Name: Jason
Trading: (0)
Jasonw560 is on a distinguished road

Seriously, great work everyone. Started my own thread about this, but I'll tell you here.

Started WW last week at 281.2. Now down to 275.4.

Doing www.liveexercise.com for getting some muscle mass and losing this gut.

Maconusmile, I'm praying for you and your wife. I wish you nothing but the best. Philippians 4:13.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #2519
hotreds

Bolivar

Best of luck to us all!
Old 02-08-2012, 12:15 PM   #2520
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

I've found out the hard way that strep throat is a good way to ensure about a 3 lb loss over 4 days.

Oh well, I guess that gets me a little closer to my starting weight for the year with everything I indulged in for the month of January.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote