Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-15-2010, 08:19 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Casa Fuente Churchill

Somewhere back in 2008, Conch Republican send me this much talked about and hard to get Casa Fuente Churchill, which you can only get at Casa Fuente, a cigar shop in the Colloseum mall in Ceasar's Palace, Las Vegas. I loved it and when I finally got to Las Vegas in june 2009 I smoked at least one a day and brought a sampler with all seven vitolas home. I smoked the double robusto from the sampler and decided to revisit the 7x48 Churchill today.

The packaging is top notch, the sampler box looks great but the way the individual cigars are packed it great too. The cigars have a protective cloth band around the foot, for the Casa Fuente cigars the cloth is orange of color and there is a golden print 'Casa Fuente' on the cellophane. The cigar has a nice color, a bit mocha and the wrapper is silky too, but with lots of veins, water spots and the surface is bumpy. I expect more from Fuente and especially from an expensive, high end cigar. The smell is unique, I smell an aroma of sweet and dry autumn leaves. The construction is good, just like the predraw. I taste dry tobacco.

First thing I taste is a full but dry wood flavor and after half an inch I also taste some herbs and nuts. After an inch the structure of the flavors is a bit creamy, maybe even buttery. The flavors are mainly cedar wood with some walnut. The creaminess and the herbs fade away. After that there isn't much going on until I hit the two thirds mark.

After two thirds I taste some herbs again, but the cedar continues to be the main flavor. There is also a little sweetness in the flavors. But then the nut flavor becomes the dominant flavor with a hint of chocolate, but the chocolate changes into leather and the flavors become mild spicy. The last few puffs give me a spicy leather flavor.

This Casa Fuente churchill almost lasted me for two hours. I got a lot of thick white smoke. The draw and burn are good. The peper and salt colored ash is compact and firm. This cigar is full flavored and medium bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? Another sampler will be bought if I ever get back to Las Vegas.

Appearance: 6 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10
Old 10-15-2010, 08:29 AM   #2
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Casa Fuente Churchill

Sweet....I got a few Casa Fuentes that Carlos and Carlito brought with them to Holts a few months ago....resting comfortably in my humi.....for now!....thanks Ferdie
Old 10-15-2010, 09:01 AM   #3
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (19)
ERdM Navy (Retired)
Volt has disabled reputation

Hmmm intresting. I have heard you write a better sounding review for cigars you would not buy again. Are you sure you liked this one?
Old 10-15-2010, 09:26 AM   #4
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

sounds tasty
hscmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:50 AM   #5
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt View Post
Hmmm intresting. I have heard you write a better sounding review for cigars you would not buy again. Are you sure you liked this one?
I am sure!
Old 10-15-2010, 11:35 AM   #6
gijoey959

I am with volt, we smoke what we like (I like most Acids for example) but this review sounded like it was iffy. Either way, glad you did the review!

Haha, re read it, I just misunderstood some of the sentences
Old 10-15-2010, 11:37 AM   #7
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)

nuts, wood, chocolate, leather, cream. What's not to like?
Old 10-15-2010, 11:40 AM   #8
Doctorossi
Have My Own Room

Trading: (8)
Punch
Doctorossi will become famous soon enoughDoctorossi will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
nuts, wood, chocolate, leather, cream. What's not to like?
Just the price tag.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:31 PM   #9
gijoey959

Haha, I meant it sounds good when I go back and read it, I first read it and thought it said the flavors were there and went away or something, I got it now though
Old 10-15-2010, 04:56 PM   #10
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (13)
LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light

I can't get enough Casa Fuente's probably one of my favorite NC's.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:01 PM   #11
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the review and photo' on the Casa Fuente Ferdinand
Old 10-15-2010, 05:15 PM   #12
EricF
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Eric
Trading: (116)
RA
EricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to behold

I have some robustos I got in July when I was there. I am tempted to start smokin' them. But I don't know when I will get back so they just sleep waiting for the right day!

BTW nice review!
Old 10-17-2010, 11:50 AM   #13
GHC_Hambone

Thanks for the review! I am heading to Vegas in January so I am looking forward to visiting Casa Fuente.