Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 07:20 AM   #1701
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snkbyt View Post
Kimber Raptor 4" .45ACP w/Esmerelda hand crafted grips

Great pic Alex. That is just as you described it to me. Beautiful.

Hal, I have had my Custom Stainless II since late 2002. I love that pistol. It is the full 5" model. I've even had a friend who shot it and shortly thereafter sold his Glock and bought Kimber. I know the two are apples to oranges, but he like it that much.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:41 AM   #1702
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation

Last night was the night I hoped would never come; the first time I drew my firearm in self defense.

A family across the street has had numerous complaints about their aggressive pitbull who stays chained in the backyard in the Florida heat.

At 9pm I was walking my 8 pound Shih Tzu and talking to my next door neighbor when the pitbull charged across the street, growling and showing his teeth. he took my dog in his mouth, flung it to the side and pinned my neighbor against his garge and continued to bark and growl.

About the time I drew my firearm, the neighbor, who is handicapped, made it across the street and was able to pull the dog off.

My dog seemed ok but the next door neighbor called the police and animal control.

After filling out a report with my side of the story, it was determined that I would have been justified to take, "one clean shot" once the dog crossed the street onto my property.

Thankfully, it ended without a shot and the pitbulls owner recived a fine.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:49 AM   #1703
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Wow! ^^ One breed of dog that I will never understand. I have no use for them. Glad to hear your dog is ok. Tough call to make when you really want to TCB.

I live in a neighborhood where we have a leash law statewide. People seem to have a real problem and just let their dogs roam. It's annoying when your dogs are on a leash while others are tauting yours and being a nuisance. Keep telling myself to get pepper spray but I think it will only cause friction between me and the owners.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:00 AM   #1704
floydpink
crazy diamond

Cohiba

There was a little exchange between the pitbull owner and a few concerned neighbors. I felt it best to go inside and did.

Had it been my 5 year old in her bike being attacked, there would have been a pitbull being bagged up and carted away.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:26 AM   #1705
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

Trading: (14)
HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough

I understand that breeds have traits but in all honesty a lot of it has to do with the owner. Where I live breeds like that are not allowed and its kinda nice knowing ill never be in that situation.

I am thankful everything worked out for you, your pup, and your neighbor.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Old 09-10-2010, 10:00 AM   #1706
floydpink
crazy diamond

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
I understand that breeds have traits but in all honesty a lot of it has to do with the owner. Where I live breeds like that are not allowed and its kinda nice knowing ill never be in that situation.

I am thankful everything worked out for you, your pup, and your neighbor.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Totally agree. That was a big part of my discussion with the animal control officer. This poor dog has been chained all summer in the back yard and hopefully will get some relief after the owner get sited for cruelty.

I've also seen the owner smack him on the head in an apparant attempt to "train" him.

Sad situation all around but definitely on the radar at this point.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:08 AM   #1707
Will herf for food

VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydpink View Post
Totally agree. That was a big part of my discussion with the animal control officer. This poor dog has been chained all summer in the back yard and hopefully will get some relief after the owner get sited for cruelty.

I've also seen the owner smack him on the head in an apparant attempt to "train" him.

Sad situation all around but definitely on the radar at this point.
At least you were ready. As the boy scouts say, be prepared. Carrying your firearm (responsibly of course) is the best way to do that.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:35 PM   #1708
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough

Looking to keep myself busy tweaking and building a mid to long distance rifle/ar. I dont know. Its a topic i know little about but the 10/22 is getting a little old.

What do you all think?
Old 09-19-2010, 03:55 PM   #1709
TheManWithNoName

Cool Re: First Firearm Thread.

Well I'm excited to share some good news with y'all: I'm the new proud owner of a Ruger LCP .380. The coolest part: I won this gun through a promotion that Impact Guns held! Posted some pics, with its Hornady "Critical Defense" 90 grain rounds and pocket holster. Only been able to shoot the tiny thing once but there were no FTF/FTE problems with the cheap range ammo. Need a cheaper place to shoot around Gainesville though. I know little about the .380, I usually carry a .45. Are these little 90 grainers viable rounds for defense or should I keep it in a BUG capacity? I was halfway toying with the idea of trading it for a SP101 .357 but I like the way it just rides so invisibly in the pocket.
Y'all have a great Sunday, looking forward to seeing many of you at EPIC.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lcp medium.jpg (67.1 KB, 202 views)
File Type: jpg pocket medium.jpg (68.9 KB, 204 views)

Old 09-19-2010, 04:04 PM   #1710
safariguy
There's one. Set for stun

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
safariguy will become famous soon enoughsafariguy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydpink View Post
Last night was the night I hoped would never come; the first time I drew my firearm in self defense.

A family across the street has had numerous complaints about their aggressive pitbull who stays chained in the backyard in the Florida heat.

At 9pm I was walking my 8 pound Shih Tzu and talking to my next door neighbor when the pitbull charged across the street, growling and showing his teeth. he took my dog in his mouth, flung it to the side and pinned my neighbor against his garge and continued to bark and growl.

About the time I drew my firearm, the neighbor, who is handicapped, made it across the street and was able to pull the dog off.

My dog seemed ok but the next door neighbor called the police and animal control.

After filling out a report with my side of the story, it was determined that I would have been justified to take, "one clean shot" once the dog crossed the street onto my property.

Thankfully, it ended without a shot and the pitbulls owner recived a fine.
Glad you and everyone else is OK. So far (knock on wood) I've only had to draw and fire once.. and it too was at a dog. Didn't work out too good for the dog in my situation though
Old 09-20-2010, 10:30 AM   #1711
SNKBYT
PATRIOT and VETERAN

First Name: Alex
Trading: (30)
Partagas Army (Disabled Vet)
SNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to all

Steve Lee (I like guns) has a new video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1geyoxeifk0

towards the end of the video look and see who pops out from behind a tree
Old 10-17-2010, 04:03 PM   #1712
WyGuy
Boiler Up!

Trading: (16)
Bolivar
WyGuy will become famous soon enoughWyGuy will become famous soon enough

My new G23 Gen4, have 200 rounds of WWB and UMC through it with no problems whatsoever.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:13 PM   #1713
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

I can't wait for those to come to Califoirnia
Old 10-17-2010, 05:21 PM   #1714
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM

G27 sporting Winchester PDX series.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:03 AM   #1715
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I have a question for the fellers. A guy brings in an old Colt 45 new service revolver with sweet old ivory
steer head grips today, looks like a model 1917 or even earlier, and we have been webbing it up trying to
get a relative value. I will post pics, but while I get that into gear, anyone know it's general value.
I don't want to join a gun forum, lol. Sorry, too, these are video caps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg colt 45 body.jpg (47.5 KB, 228 views)
File Type: jpg colt 45 butt.jpg (39.8 KB, 210 views)
File Type: jpg colt 45 grip.jpg (45.2 KB, 221 views)
File Type: jpg colt 45 mid body.jpg (59.4 KB, 231 views)

Last edited by OLS; 10-22-2010 at 09:17 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:12 AM   #1716
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

I love the Glock 23 and 27's. Nice pickups fellas!
Old 10-26-2010, 10:18 AM   #1717
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Really??? Nobody has any kind of estimate on that Colt 45?
Old 10-26-2010, 10:26 AM   #1718
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM

I have no idea but ill bump the thread for you.

Items are worth no more than what someone will pay
Old 10-26-2010, 10:27 AM   #1719
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Not sure. Sorry Brad.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:00 PM   #1720
Will herf for food

VR

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Which, top of the page? If so, ask Alex.