Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 09:37 AM   #101
Poe
Still Watching My Back

First Name: David
Trading: (1)
Poe is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2009

I've finally recovered enough from the game to post an RTR.

Was a great game and most of the VT fans i talked with were really classy.

While i'm not saying we go 12-0 again (that takes luck even with the best team) I think our team is better this year than it was last. Its also much deeper at all but a few positions (unfortunatly QB is one of them).

Great weekend for the SEC as a whole with UGA being the only black eye, and it was a game they were suppose to lose.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:57 AM   #102
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Ole Miss was dissapointing, won big but too many turnovers. I don't think they can live up to expectations, they have never been there before and Houston Nut is an overrated coach (talk to Arkansas fans).......Bama looks like the best in the West right now
Old 09-08-2009, 12:04 PM   #103
tedrodgerscpa
Palmetto State Herf Crew!

First Name: Ted
Trading: (87)
QdO
tedrodgerscpa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedrodgerscpa View Post
My eyes will be peeled on Chapin High's JV Football game tonight... I'm a big fan of the weak-side tackle and weak-side linebacker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
So how'd they do Ted?
They destroyed Brookland Cayce!

Lil'RodgersCPA did a great job holding up the weak-side tackle, gave up zero sacks, and only missed one block (which still yielded positive yards on the run)

Everyday I'm shufflin...
Old 09-10-2009, 01:12 PM   #104
Powers

Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Notable Week 2 Matchups:

Mississippi State at Auburn (can they score more than 5 combined points)

South Carolina at Georgia

Vandy at LSU

UCLA at Tennessee
Old 09-12-2009, 03:25 AM   #105
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320 View Post
Notable Week 2 Matchups:

Mississippi State at Auburn (can they score more than 5 combined points)

South Carolina at Georgia

Vandy at LSU

UCLA at Tennessee
Knocker's Picks:

Auburn by 7
Georgia by 10
LSU by 14
Tennessee by 7

Football!
Old 09-13-2009, 09:21 PM   #106
Powers

Bolivar

week two complete!

both new coachs for auburn and state looked promising in an entertaining game.....south carolina's defense laid an egg and Tennessee's crompton still sucks after 5 years!

now it is time for kiffin to get an @ss whoopin' in the swamp!!!!

Old 09-14-2009, 04:08 AM   #107
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
week two complete!

both new coachs for auburn and state looked promising in an entertaining game.....south carolina's defense laid an egg and Tennessee's crompton still sucks after 5 years!

now it is time for kiffin to get an @ss whoopin' in the swamp!!!!

You Think Fl. will show some mercy and back off?
Old 09-14-2009, 11:02 AM   #108
Poe
Still Watching My Back

So, who's got some score predictions for the FL-TN game this weekend?
Old 09-14-2009, 11:18 AM   #109
Clampdown
I Cut Like a Buffalo

First Name: Brian
Trading: (12)
RA
Clampdown will become famous soon enough

It was nice to see UT loose.

As far as the UT vs UF game, this could get ugly VERY quick.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:26 AM   #110
Poe
Still Watching My Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clampdown View Post

As far as the UT vs UF game, this could get ugly VERY quick.
I agree it could get ugly very quick, and I've been expecting it too for months now. But the more I try to look at it objectively, which is hard, the less I think Florida can truly blow them out like most people are thinking. I have no doubts that Florida's D can shut down TN's offense but I'm not sure Florida's Offense can hang as many points on TN's D as people say. TN has a very good defense and while I don't think they can shut Florida down by no means I could see them holding them 30 something while maybe getting a score off a turnover too. Florida wins but I could see it being a 35-17 type game rather than a true Florida style thumping. Hope I'm wrong though
Old 09-14-2009, 11:31 AM   #111
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clampdown View Post
Boy, you ain't lyin'. I had been chuckling for a week when all the TN pundits were saying "It looks like
Jonathan Crompton has finally matured and become what TN recruiters thought he should be."
This after he managed not to lose against our schedule's version of Charleston Southern.
I say "OUR"...I couldn't care less about UT football, I am a LSU fan. Alot of those Orange
clad people were actually thinking UT was going to beat UCLA. I just had to chuckle quietly to myself.
On the other hand, I am liking that Jordan Jefferson from LSU. Big tall kid.
He played for our arch rivals across the river from my hometown. It's funny how rivalries go.
You had to wait on the ferry for half an hour and MAYBE you'd be one of the 30 cars to get
across the Mississippi on a load, and MAYBE you'd get to the game on time. After that hassle,
you wanted to KILL the opposition, lol. I am still liking LSU's chances against the Gators.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:34 AM   #112
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe View Post
Florida wins but I could see it being a 35-17 type game rather than a true Florida style thumping. Hope I'm wrong though
Once FL runs out of division 2A schools to thump, they are going to have a hard time
hanging big numbers on anybody. 'Ceptin TN.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:40 AM   #113
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
Bama looks like the best in the West right now
U love being wrong, don't you, lol.
Seriously. I am going to stop harassing you about that, but between you and
the local sports media dismissing LSU, I stay pretty riled up. QUIET, but riled.
I do not call in to the sports radio stations when they dismiss the Tigers. I DO
call up when they are wrong at the end of the year and remind them that
I emailed them weekly to admonish them. But what do they know, they are in
Memphis, not in LA. Still, Gotta love SEC ball.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:56 AM   #114
Poe
Still Watching My Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
U love being wrong, don't you, lol.
Seriously. I am going to stop harassing you about that, but between you and
the local sports media dismissing LSU, I stay pretty riled up. QUIET, but riled.
I do not call in to the sports radio stations when they dismiss the Tigers. I DO
call up when they are wrong at the end of the year and remind them that
I emailed them weekly to admonish them. But what do they know, they are in
Memphis, not in LA. Still, Gotta love SEC ball.
LSU has way too much talent to be dismissed. But Bama has done alot more this year so far to make a claim for Best in the West. LSU won't get a chance to make a statment till week 5 or 6. I think LSU is a good team but TO THIS POINT they have done nothing to say they are a top 10 team.

The west is a really difficult division to call this year, other than Bama at the top RIGHT NOW I could rank the next 4 in any order until they start playing each other (sorry any Miss St fans but your at the bottom )
Old 09-14-2009, 01:55 PM   #115
Powers

Bolivar

Quote:
So, who's got some score predictions for the FL-TN game this weekend?
52-13 UF

several reasons why the Gators are gonna stomp em.

1.) The last time UF was fired up was the Fl-GA game last year because the shenanegans they pulled in the end zone the year before. UT this year is not anywhere near the team georgia was last year offensively or defensively and UF destroyed georgia . yes no percy harvin this year but with demps and rainey there's still enough speed to fill an olympic relay team.

2.) Again going with the example of georgia. If the gators could kill a team coached by the good and talented coach like mark richt, we will destroy a team without as much talent and coached by a rookie who is at the very least unproven

3.) the words of lane kiffen (or as UF students say "lame kitten") have been displayed in the UF locker room and workout room since he was hired

4.) ITS IN THE SWAMP!!!!! of course the players are amped up for the game but so are all 90,000 + screaming gator fans who will make the UT offense's ears bleed

watch out UT.....its coming in dry and at an angle
Old 09-14-2009, 01:58 PM   #116
Poe
Still Watching My Back

Quote:
52-13 UF

1.) The last time UF was fired up was the Fl-GA game last year because the shenanegans they pulled in the end zone the year before. UT this year is not anywhere near the team georgia was last year offensively or defensively and UF destroyed georgia . yes no percy harvin this year but with demps and rainey there's still enough speed to fill an olympic relay team.

2.) Again going with the example of georgia. If the gators could kill a team coached by the good and talented coach like mark richt, we will destroy a team without as much talent and coached by a rookie who is at the very least unproven

3.) the words of lane kiffen (or as UF students say "lame kitten") have been displayed in the UF locker room and workout room since he was hired

4.) ITS IN THE SWAMP!!!!! of course the players are amped up for the game but so are all 90,000 + screaming gator fans who will make the UT offense's ears bleed

You make very valid points, I'm starting to buy back into the 50 point blowout line of thinking...
Old 09-14-2009, 02:00 PM   #117
Powers

Bolivar

Quote:
You make very valid points, I'm starting to buy back into the 50 point blowout line of thinking...
there only hope is for berry force 3 turno-overs single-handedly and for crompten to transform into payton manning.......oh wait, even payton never beat the gators
Old 09-14-2009, 02:30 PM   #118
TheManWithNoName

Cool Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2009

Quote:
52-13 UF

Nicely put. I'm going, eh, 42-20 Gators. I think we're going to come out wanting to prove ourselves against the first SEC opponent of the season, and the D really will shut 'em down and force field goals and turnovers. Also, Tebow + James + Demps + Rainey + Moody etc... who wants to talk about a high-power offense? There's an ass-whooping to be handed out in the Swamp this week.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:10 PM   #119
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
52-13 UF

I hope the Gators save some of those points for the tougher games coming on down the line.

Go Gators!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 09-15-2009, 07:39 AM   #120
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I hope the Gators save some of those points for the "Tougher" games coming on down the line.

Go Gators!
I hope as in "Tougher", you mean BAMA, Admiral! Looking forward to another "Rematch" in the SEC Championship, Brother!
Closed Thread