Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 02-05-2011, 05:46 PM   #1
WyoBob
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Bob
Trading: (1)
WyoBob will become famous soon enough
Default What happend to WyoBob?

I've been thinking for awhile of how important cigars and this forum were to me. I was active in the "former" forum and this one and really enjoyed the time I spent here and realized I missed a lot of banter with my "cigar buddies".

In March of 2010, I was at our local cigar/pipe shop and remembered how much I enjoyed my pipe back in late 60's, early 70's until I ran over my pipe with a CAT front end loader. After trying to find a pipe that smoked as well as the GBD that I "squished", I gave up and spent 40 years chewing Skoal. Twenty years ago, I smoked my first cigar, an Ashton Aged maduro. I became a big cigar fan and at the end of my cigar "career", I had two, 120 quart coolers with 65% beads and circulation fans, full of cigars.

As cigars became more expensive and I experienced more "plugged" cigars, I became less "enchanted" with them. The constant increases in my health insurance along with the decline in the economy caused me to easily switch over to pipes. For what I was spending per year on cigars, I now have a 8-10 year supply of pipe tobacco in the cellar.

I bought 5 or 6 briars, two meers and now have 10 MM cobs. The cobs provide such a wonderful smoke, especially when considering price that I'm going to sell a meer and all but one of the briars.

I'm really into pipe tobacco and have traded most of my cigars for pipe tobacco. I still have 100 or so cigars left and still smoke one every few weeks but find I can hardly wait for it to be over so I can light up my pipe. Fortunately, I have several friends who like cigars so, when they come over, I'm the "supplier".

I've gravitated to other sites more in tune with pipes and haven't frequented the pipe section on this forum but will try to do better. And, I guess I can always post in this section of the forum.

After twenty years of cigars, I can't believe that I can hardly look at a cigar anymore. Never thought that would happen. On the bright side, I have lots more money to pay those blood suckers at BC/BS. The sob's raised our rates to $17,400 for $10,000 deductible starting in Jan. of this year. I now have "extra" $$$$ to give to them instead of cigar vendors but it's all good as I really enjoy the pipe and, if I get sick, I might even get some of my money back.

Anyway, hi to all my old cigar buddies. I sure enjoyed my time with you. Maybe I'll come across you again when you've attained the level of sophistication that I have and take up the pipe

WyoBob
WyoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:51 PM   #2
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What happend to WyoBob?

Welcome Back!

I share your love for Cobs as well. For some reason I really enjoy them.
Our pipe section is slow but surely growing, and while it may not be like the cigar sub forums on here we can only make it bigger by more people contributing!

Glad to see you back!
Old 02-05-2011, 06:57 PM   #3
bazookajoe

First Name: david
Trading: (72)
bazookajoe has disabled reputation

Can't talk pipes with you Bob but it's nice to hear from you.
bazookajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:16 PM   #4
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to have you back Bob.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:29 PM   #5
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

Welcome back, Bob! We wondered what happened to you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wxIcm5WZXc
Old 02-05-2011, 09:12 PM   #6
TonySmith
Feeling at Home

AirForce
TonySmith has disabled reputation

We've never interacted, but I missed your on point comments. Welcome back.
TonySmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:35 PM   #7
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

I am glad to see you back, Bob, there are lots of things we all have in common...hope you find time to stay in touch with us here.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:26 PM   #8
Chingas
Death Is Waiting

First Name: Chingas
Trading: (35)
Partagas
Chingas has disabled reputation

Hello Bob, I didn't know you back then but that's no reason we can't Banter today! Glad you made it back home.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:03 AM   #9
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

Welcome back Bob, you were missed. This place is not just our smoking habits, as I am now rediscovering. I can only smoke 1 or 2 cigars a week due to medical reasons but the people here are special and worth hanging with.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:19 AM   #10
Ashcan Bill
Ol' Dude

First Name: Bill
Trading: (6)
Partagas
Ashcan Bill has disabled reputation

Good to hear from you again Bob. I smoked pipes too back in the '70s. But I haven't gone back to 'em, at least not yet.
Ashcan Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:37 AM   #11
TBone
Equal opportunity Bomber

First Name: Paul
Trading: (25)
ERdM AirForce (Disabled Vet)
TBone is a jewel in the roughTBone is a jewel in the roughTBone is a jewel in the rough

Welcome back Bob, I was into the Mersham(misspelled I'm sure)pipe while living in Turkey but I'm just the opposite I enjoy a good cigar over a pipe. Pipes are a lot of work of which I'm afraid of these days...
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:51 PM   #12
jcruse64
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Joe
jcruse64 is on a distinguished road

Hey Bob!
jcruse64 is offline   Reply With Quote