Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Old 01-06-2020, 09:17 AM   #1901
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearns View Post
Went to a new-to-me cigar bar on Saturday, not the best bourbon selection but I did have a pour of Russel's 10 and the Russel's Rye 6.
Great minds?

Other pour last night:

Are all the Wellers wheated, Ben? If so, I've had the SR, Antique 107 and Full Proof. Also had Maker's several times the last year and a half, but only because it's the only thing my friend Jim has at the house.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 09:24 AM   #1902
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

Yes I believe so. I haven't had the chance to try the Full Proof yet but it's high up on the list if I ever see it
Old 01-06-2020, 09:32 AM   #1903
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Yes I believe so. I haven't had the chance to try the Full Proof yet but it's high up on the list if I ever see it
Yeah, I just had a pour Huy sent me to try. It's pretty fukcing fabulous.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 01-06-2020, 09:37 AM   #1904
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

Maybe if I ask Huy nicely...

Yeah right
Old 01-06-2020, 09:43 AM   #1905
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Great minds?

I have really liked Russell's lately. The Single Barrel is one of my favorites, and the 10 years id quite tasty as well.
Old 01-06-2020, 02:04 PM   #1906
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Old 01-06-2020, 02:19 PM   #1907
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

RA

Looks good, gotta search out that one out
Old 01-06-2020, 04:16 PM   #1908
The camaro show
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Chayse
Trading: (1)
VR
The camaro show will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
What’s this normally go for?
The camaro show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 07:16 AM   #1909
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

HdM

$60-70 if I remember correctly. I usually try to catch it on sale.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:51 AM   #1910
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

RA

Had a pour of woodford reserve rye last night, not my favorite, I've been hit or miss on rye lately. I almost picked up a knob creek rye store pick on my way home but managed to hold off, trying to stick to bourbon for the time being until I can amass a better selection of open bottles
Old 01-08-2020, 01:59 PM   #1911
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Yeah, Woodford seems kind of "safe" to me if that makes any sense. The Knob Creek Cask Strength is purty good though if you can find it.

Glad I have a second Colonel waiting....

Old 01-09-2020, 07:37 AM   #1912
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

RA

Had pours from a couple opened bottles last night, Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare, both tasty. After that I had a glass from my most recent barrel aged old fashioned (made with Elijah Craig), delicious but so very sweet by comparison, been drinking neat bourbon almost exclusively for the last week or two and it caught me off guard. That being said I'm looking forward to pouring another of those tonight

Has anybody tried Maker's Mark RC6? I've heard good things, saw it at a shop the other day and am worried it's going to sell out soon. I've made it 9 days so far without buying anything, I consider that pretty good
Old 01-09-2020, 09:39 AM   #1913
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Here's a review of the Maker's RC6. I'm probably not going to look for it, but the review may appeal to others.

https://www.breakingbourbon.com/review/makers-mark-rc6

Last night's pour:

Old 01-09-2020, 10:11 AM   #1914
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

RA

Thanks, I use that site a lot for reviews and their release calendar. I think I'm going to pass as well, there are a few other things that interest me a little more, but if I see it out at a bar I'll give it a taste
Old 01-10-2020, 07:02 AM   #1915
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

RA

Stopped on my way home to buy a bottle of BT, as I was checking out I saw a single bottle of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof up behind the counter, I'm too weak to say no to that. Looking forward to cracking 122.2 proofs of goodness

Also started my infinity bottle last night, Sarah got me a really nice decanter for Christmas and I finally decided what I wanted to start with. Poured in 8oz each of BT store picks from my two favorite liquor stores, one definitely tasted sweeter than the other so I think that blend should give a good base until I figure out what I want to put in next. My rule is as soon as it gets down to 25% full I add more or whatever seems like it would help the blend, the goal is for it to never run out and remain a mix of everything that was put it in it before, should be fun
Old 01-10-2020, 07:40 AM   #1916
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Stopped on my way home to buy a bottle of BT, as I was checking out I saw a single bottle of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof up behind the counter, I'm too weak to say no to that. Looking forward to cracking 122.2 proofs of goodness

Also started my infinity bottle last night, Sarah got me a really nice decanter for Christmas and I finally decided what I wanted to start with. Poured in 8oz each of BT store picks from my two favorite liquor stores, one definitely tasted sweeter than the other so I think that blend should give a good base until I figure out what I want to put in next. My rule is as soon as it gets down to 25% full I add more or whatever seems like it would help the blend, the goal is for it to never run out and remain a mix of everything that was put it in it before, should be fun
I like the infinity bottle idea Ben!....I have a beautiful decanter with some brown liquor in it....I have NO CLUE what it is...filled it on one of "those nights"!!
Old 01-10-2020, 08:05 AM   #1917
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

The B519, Ben? If so, it be delicious.

I put two ounces of good or better bottles in my infinity. I'm waiting until it's full (34 oz capacity) before I'll taste it, and then I'll add some of the stuff that's dwindling.

Eagle Rare 90
Westward Single Malt 100
Bulleit Rye 90
High West Double Rye 92
SA Contradiction 92
Bulleit Barrel Strength 125
Four Roses Sng Barrel 100
Colonel Taylor BiB 100
Blanton’s 93
EC BP A119 135
Knob Creek Cask 120
Little Book Ch 2 120

Old 01-10-2020, 08:12 AM   #1918
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
The B519, Ben? If so, it be delicious.
That's the one!

Nice looking list you've got there. For now I'm keeping mine to larger amounts of fewer types but that may change in the future. My only hard rule is true bourbon only, I've seen some that mix all different types of whiskey but that seems like it would be easy to muddy things up quick
Old 01-10-2020, 08:16 AM   #1919
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
That's the one!

Nice looking list you've got there. For now I'm keeping mine to larger amounts of fewer types but that may change in the future. My only hard rule is true bourbon only, I've seen some that mix all different types of whiskey but that seems like it would be easy to muddy things up quick
You're gonna love that ECBP.

I understand with the Infinity bottle, I just went a different direction and am mixing bourbons and ryes. My only caveat will be no finished bourbons or ryes. And no more wire hangers, Mommy, ever.

Old 01-10-2020, 03:29 PM   #1920
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

I'm totally stealing this idea!