Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 08-20-2017, 06:11 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Indian Motorcycle Habano Robusto

In 1995 Rocky Patel partnered up with Philip Zanghi, who’s father owned Indian Motorcycles and together they started Indian Tabac. In 2002 Zanghi sold the rights to Rocky Patel to focus on other parts of the cigar business and Rocky Patel slowly faded out the Indian Tabac name, converting the company to Rocky Patel Premium Cigars. late 2014 Zanghi announced that he bought back the rights to the Indian Tabac name and would bring a new line of cigars to the market, Indian Motorcycles, in cooperation with the current owners of the Indian Motorcycles company.

I got this cigar at the HQ of the Dutch distributer where I had a meeting with the owner. He gave me a few samples to smoke, so here’s a review of the Indian Motorcycles Habano Robusto, a cigar made with Central American filler, including Dominican, a Dominican binder and an Ecuador Habano wrapper. The cigar is made at the Del Los Reyes/Debonaire House factory on the Dominican Republic and measures 5×50.

The wrapper is has a nice, dark brown color and is oily and glossy with a few thin veins and just an amazing looker. The construction feels good and the cap is nice. The ring is great, its a smudgy beige, like someone who’s been working on a motorcycle grabbed the ring with a little oil on his fingers and then wiped it off, a very nice detail. It has a gray circle with the name Indian Motorcycles 1901 and the a shiny red circle within and the famous Indian head in beige. On the bottom theres a golden banner with white letters saying premium cigar. This is a cigar I would grab from a humidor just because of the looks and the ring if I didn’t knew it. The aroma is very strong, barnyard with hay and ammonia.

I punched the cigar, the cold draw is great and I taste raw tobacco. After I lit the cigar I taste a nice mildly sweet espresso. After a few puffs the espresso gets accompanied by a little acidic earth flavor. After a third I taste wood with a little salt in the back of my throat. I also taste some peanuts and pepper. Halfway I also taste some lemon, nice and refreshing. Slowly I taste more nuts, more pepper and some spices.

The draw is good. The ash is silvery gray, dense and firm. The burn is straight as an arrow and very slow. The smoke is medium thick, personally I would have liked it a bit thicker. This cigar is medium bodied and medium flavored. The smoke time is an hour and a half.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes, I will get a few more.

Score: 90

https://cigarguideorg.wordpress.com/...abano-robusto/