Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 11-07-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default The Troop Support Auction needs your help

This Sunday the semi-annual troop support auction starts. In the previous two auctions, we've 100+ lots donated by CA members. Right now, there's less than 30. Maybe you're all planning on bidding high on what's there.

If you can donate something for the auction, get it in ASAP. It doesn't have to be some high dollar, HTF 5er or box of the latest boutique cigar. Just put something together that you like to smoke. Or maybe you have some cigar swag around you never used. The idea is to raise money to offset the costs for the guys (hotreds and shilala) that provide stuff for the men and women overseas.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:09 PM   #2
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Troop Support Auction needs your help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
This Sunday the semi-annual troop support auction starts. In the previous two auctions, we've 100+ lots donated by CA members. Right now, there's less than 30. Maybe you're all planning on bidding high on what's there.

If you can donate something for the auction, get it in ASAP. It doesn't have to be some high dollar, HTF 5er or box of the latest boutique cigar. Just put something together that you like to smoke. Or maybe you have some cigar swag around you never used. The idea is to raise money to offset the costs for the guys (hotreds and shilala) that provide stuff for the men and women overseas.
Bump, there may still be time to get your auction lots in. If not, bid big!
Old 11-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #3
TJarv
In it to win it

First Name: Tony
Trading: (58)
HUpmann
TJarv has a spectacular aura aboutTJarv has a spectacular aura aboutTJarv has a spectacular aura about

Only 39 lots so far, I know we can do better

Proud member of the GMCGTPWHAFA
TJarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:54 PM   #4
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Bump, there may still be time to get your auction lots in. If not, bid big!
Lots are accepted thru Wednesday.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:00 PM   #5
mariogolbee

I'd love to donate a fiver, but I'm already have a negative balance, so I can't pay the shipping right now (no, not even a measly $5). Would it be okay to donate a lot with the understanding that I do not have a guaranteed ship date?
Old 11-11-2012, 01:14 PM   #6
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Shoot me your PP addy and I'll help you out with the shipping costs.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:30 PM   #7
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariogolbee View Post
I'd love to donate a fiver, but I'm already have a negative balance, so I can't pay the shipping right now (no, not even a measly $5). Would it be okay to donate a lot with the understanding that I do not have a guaranteed ship date?
Bob made a generous offer. If you are not willing to take him up on that, I would say no, can't have people buying lots with no idea when they will be sent.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:40 AM   #8
mariogolbee

Quote:
Quote:
Shoot me your PP addy and I'll help you out with the shipping costs.
Thanks, Bob. I'll be happy to take you up, after all, it's to help get sticks to the troops! I'll send you a PM after the winner of said lot pays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Bob made a generous offer. If you are not willing to take him up on that, I would say no, can't have people buying lots with no idea when they will be sent.
Tom! Ya, I'm willing. I just didn't see this thread again until right now. I've searched for it in the auction and troop support thread, but didn't stumble on it until looking through this section of CA.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:43 AM   #9
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Check your PP account Mario.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:54 AM   #10
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

A bump and an apology...
I'm sorry I'm invisible in this go-round. My health has been such that I'm at pretty much zero reliability, just doing what I can when I can. I don't want to bite off a big mess that I can't chew when it comes time.
I'll see if I can work something out, it's been really weighing on my little brain.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #11
pnoon
YNWA

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
A bump and an apology...
I'm sorry I'm invisible in this go-round. My health has been such that I'm at pretty much zero reliability, just doing what I can when I can. I don't want to bite off a big mess that I can't chew when it comes time.
I'll see if I can work something out, it's been really weighing on my little brain.
You don't need to worry about participating, Scott. The auction is to subsidize your costs for troop support.

Relax. Take it easy and focus on getting well.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:26 PM   #12
pnoon
YNWA

RA

Quote:
Thanks, Bob. I'll be happy to take you up, after all, it's to help get sticks to the troops! I'll send you a PM after the winner of said lot pays.

Tom! Ya, I'm willing. I just didn't see this thread again until right now. I've searched for it in the auction and troop support thread, but didn't stumble on it until looking through this section of CA.
Quote:
Old 11-12-2012, 11:44 PM   #13
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

I am guessing Bob Payp*lled Mario the money to ship a lot he would put up?

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:35 AM   #14
mariogolbee

Quote:
Yowzers! Received and I'll submit a lot right now. I think I can figure out another lot also. I'll have to sleep on it. Thank you, Bob!
Old 11-13-2012, 07:18 AM   #15
Conch Republican
10-78

HUpmann
Conch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to beholdConch Republican is a splendid one to behold

I bid on one lot already!
Old 11-13-2012, 09:44 PM   #16
mariogolbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conch Republican View Post
I bid on one lot already!
More like bid on the same lot a bazillion times, LOL! Awesome, just awesome.