Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 03-21-2011, 09:26 AM   #21
tx_tuff

Default Re: Blackberry Owners Unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpold View Post
Are they free free? That is to say, will they take up none of my data or text allowance? That is the beauty of BBM for me, anywhere in the world, it's free, independent of any roaming charges!
Of course when the BBM reaches other platforms it will be the same, and from what I have read the other IMs work the same way. You will have to search them I don't have any names off hand.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:41 AM   #22
Lumpold
Hippy Fascist

First Name: Lumpy
Trading: (3)
Cuaba
Lumpold has disabled reputation

just did a quick search, and while they work the same way, it would be from my data plan, which would mean hideous roaming charges (£6/$10 per MB, charged to the nearest 1/2 MB in Europe), whereas I pay £5/mo to be connected to the BBE server world wide. This means if someone sent me a couple of photos, and I had an extended chat over one of the other IM clients while in France, I could be facing an extra £10-£15/$20-$30 on my monthly bill, whereas with a BB using BBM, I could send and receive a million photos and do nothing but message my friends for a month solid while in India and only pay £5.

You have to remember, I live in Europe, and where I am, I can be in France quicker than I can be half way up the country!

TAMF,PPAB,ETWWWUTL,LITMPTYCL
Lumpold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:45 AM   #23
tx_tuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpold View Post
just did a quick search, and while they work the same way, it would be from my data plan, which would mean hideous roaming charges (£6/$10 per MB, charged to the nearest 1/2 MB in Europe), whereas I pay £5/mo to be connected to the BBE server world wide. This means if someone sent me a couple of photos, and I had an extended chat over one of the other IM clients while in France, I could be facing an extra £10-£15/$20-$30 on my monthly bill, whereas with a BB using BBM, I could send and receive a million photos and do nothing but message my friends for a month solid while in India and only pay £5.

You have to remember, I live in Europe, and where I am, I can be in France quicker than I can be half way up the country!
Sorry bro, wasn't even looking at where you lived. Then BB it is!
Old 03-21-2011, 09:56 AM   #24
Lumpold
Hippy Fascist

First Name: Lumpy
Trading: (3)
Cuaba
Lumpold has disabled reputation

Haha, no worries! I freely admit... I am quite taken with the HTC Desire, but I am unimpressed with the decision to remove the fold out keyboard from the HD.

TAMF,PPAB,ETWWWUTL,LITMPTYCL
Lumpold is offline   Reply With Quote