Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation
Default Re: New York Mets 2013 Banter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Can you say R.A. who??
How quickly Met fans forget!
R.A. gave you your first Cy Young winner in nearly 30 years, and a reason to watch a dreadful ball club every five days.
He was there to take the ball and put an end to losing streak after losing streak, and never spent time on the DL.
And when he looked for a contract, he asked for a reasonable amount ( 2 yrs $25 mil) and didn't hold the Met fans or ownership hostage.
To turn your back on a guy, who did nothing but good things for your franchise, makes you just as bad as the Wilpons!!

Harvey is a great young pitcher, if he doesn't get hurt, and continues to improve, I'll be very excited when the Yankees sign him as a free agent!
Old 04-21-2013, 08:25 AM   #122
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post
How quickly Met fans forget!
R.A. gave you your first Cy Young winner in nearly 30 years, and a reason to watch a dreadful ball club every five days.
He was there to take the ball and put an end to losing streak after losing streak, and never spent time on the DL.
And when he looked for a contract, he asked for a reasonable amount ( 2 yrs $25 mil) and didn't hold the Met fans or ownership hostage.
To turn your back on a guy, who did nothing but good things for your franchise, makes you just as bad as the Wilpons!!

Harvey is a great young pitcher, if he doesn't get hurt, and continues to improve, I'll be very excited when the Yankees sign him as a free agent!
How quickly we forget???? I didn't trade him away to Toronto? He's not on our roster this year. He's not going to help us this year. I'm a Mets fan first. Should the Mets have given him the two years at the price he was asking...HELL TO THE YES!! But the Wilpons, NOT Mac didn't allow that. Does that mean I stop cheering for him? Hell no, he was great for the Mets for all the reasons you listed above. And now I can root for him on beating your sorry a$$ Yankees more often. Looks like Harvey is going to be the "shining light" in this season, just as R.A. was for us last year.

How dare you tell me that I'm just as bad as the Wilpons.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #123
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
RA

Did I hit a nerve, Fred? I mean Mac.

Just to throw more fuel on the fire, Omar Minaya was the one who drafted Harvey.
You owe all the joy you get watching this kid, to him.
I think you should write him an apology letter, and post it here!
Old 04-21-2013, 02:09 PM   #124
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Mets shutout the Nats today 2-0 and win the series. Finally found a way to "simmer" down Harper. He's becoming the Chipper Jones to the Mets...Chipper used to kill us.

And Dom....F**k Omar Minaya!!!
Old 04-25-2013, 05:24 AM   #125
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Mets come back from being down and Valdespin hits a Grand Slam in the bottom of the 10th to win it for the good guys. Harvey pitched six strong innings, gave up three runs...his highest total all year. Bullpen did a great job last night.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:29 AM   #126
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

That certainly was a fun game to watch. That grand slam was pretty sweet. First walk-off grand slam for the Mets since 1991!
Old 04-25-2013, 04:23 PM   #127
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Bullpen blows another one as we lose to the Dodgers 3-2.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:39 PM   #128
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

The bullpen gives up another one today as the Phillies beat us 9-4. The downward slide continues.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:09 PM   #129
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Phillies continue to hand the Mets their asses.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:50 AM   #130
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

This series was not pretty.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:01 AM   #131
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

I was busy all weekend....get home late Sunday afternoon....looking for my broom....and.....IT WAS AT CITIZENS BANK BALLPARK...SWEEPING THE METS!

Old 04-29-2013, 10:28 AM   #132
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAsh View Post
I was busy all weekend....get home late Sunday afternoon....looking for my broom....and.....IT WAS AT CITIZENS BANK BALLPARK...SWEEPING THE METS!

Can't say a word.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:36 AM   #133
EricF
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Eric
Trading: (116)
RA
EricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Can't say a word.
Still not as bad as the Marlins!
Old 04-29-2013, 10:47 AM   #134
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricF View Post
Still not as bad as the Marlins!
Not yet...give us two more weeks.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:17 AM   #135
EricF
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Eric
Trading: (116)
RA
EricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Not yet...give us two more weeks.
Your losing streak should end tonight since the Mets are in Miami!
Old 04-29-2013, 12:23 PM   #136
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

I can't believe I almost forgot to post in this thread! Great weekend of baseball!
Old 04-29-2013, 12:35 PM   #137
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by novasurf View Post
The Mets will more games than the Yankees this season. Book it.
Assuming you meant the Mets would WIN more games than the Yanks, as opposed to the alternative assumption that they would WILL more games, then I wish to point out that it is still April, so you have plenty of time to make up what is presently a 5-game deficit.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:50 PM   #138
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourchoice View Post
I can't believe I almost forgot to post in this thread! Great weekend of baseball!
slacker!!
Old 04-30-2013, 04:34 AM   #139
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
RA

WTF was Terry Collins thinking last night?
Allowing Matt Harvey to throw 121 pitches in 5 1/3 innings, in an April game, against the Marlins, is lunacy!!!
I typically think pitchers are babied too much, but you have to try and protect this kid a little.
It's not like he's a seasoned vet, that understands his body, and knows how much he can give you.
You would think Collins would've learned his lesson after the Johan no hitter debacle.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:50 AM   #140
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Agreed Dom. It's that whole I don't trust the bullpen at all thing.

Marcum has been nothing but garbage since his arrival to NY.