Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 07-07-2014, 09:50 AM   #221
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: 2014 MLB Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
But to your hypothesis, I have just 2 words.....Miguel Cabrera.
You could be right, Tom. But with all due respect to both you and Cabrera, your postulate opposing my hypothesis presupposes much. At present, Miguel ranks #228 on the hits list, with 2095. He just turned 31, and discounting his 3 years in the minors he is playing in his 12th season already. To date, he has missed no time to major injuries, yet we cannot assume he shall continue with such good fortune.

I wish him, and his fans, all good luck in his pursuit of the lofty status you propose, yet were I a betting man I'd offer odds against it.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:25 PM   #222
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Salutations, Thomas, and my sincere atonement for any anguish my hypothetical contributions have engendered. I am a betting man, yet I hesitate to offer a wager, as I quite possibly may be deceased when Miguel overtakes Mr. Jeter on the list. I regret that I have but one life to give for my Tigers.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:52 PM   #223
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Brother, I hope you live far beyond Cabrera's retirement, be that next week or next decade. Me, I'm shocked every morning I manage to awaken.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:01 PM   #224
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Thanks Thomas, I want to enjoy a few years of pension payments, anyway.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 07-12-2014, 09:11 PM   #225
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Fan suing ESPN announcers for 10 million dollars for defamation. Seems they showed him sleeping on camera and Kruk and Shulman were calling him "fatty" among other things on camera during the broadcast. I don't know about suing for 10 million bucks, but I've never heard announcers rag on someone on camera, that's actually pretty shocking. Specially coming from Kruk who isn't exactly brilliant or a size 34... seems fatty is going after everyone. If he's that embarrassed maybe he should hit the gym, hell I have been every day since seeing socal pics

Rector also named ESPN, Major League Baseball, and the Yankees as defendants.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/259...for-10-million
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:00 PM   #226
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
Rector also named ESPN, Major League Baseball, and the Yankees as defendants.
I can understand naming ESPN in the suit, but how is MLB or the Yankees libel? Or why not the Red Sox also? And what sort of guy, idiot or not, pays good money to watch Yankees/Red Sox just to fall asleep in the 4th with the game 2-1?
Old 07-12-2014, 11:39 PM   #227
AdamJoshua

AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

I believe it was a Yankees home game, maybe the ushers were suppose to keep him awake or something
Old 07-13-2014, 12:44 AM   #228
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Tigers on a tear, 3 out of 3 so far to push the Royals 7 1/2 back. Finishing the sweep tomorrow would put them in command of a so-so ALC.

Old 07-13-2014, 10:22 AM   #229
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Quote:
I believe it was a Yankees home game, maybe the ushers were suppose to keep him awake or something
It was at The Stadium, and if Michael Kay on YES, or John Sterling on the Yankee radio broadcast, been the culprit I could see some culpability issue for the home team. But how can they, or MLB, be held responsible for comments made by ESPN employees?

Or maybe the Red Sox could be held responsible, as they have been so boring this season . . . on the field, anyway.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:33 AM   #230
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Tig's lost the sweep. Still, good to see them playing well going into the break.

I think that suing fan is going overboard but I'm guessing the reason the team is included is they likely own and lease out the rights to broadcast each home game. Not sure how MLB fits in unless they grant each team broadcast rights or if MLB gets a piece of broadcast profits for profit sharing purposes. I suppose he could argue each hand in the profit cookie-jar is benefiting from his belittlement on-air.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:35 AM   #231
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

RE2PECT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X03_bNuihLU
Old 07-20-2014, 03:53 PM   #232
AdamJoshua

This is crazy Jackie Bradley Jr. throwing a ball from home plate over the center field wall, over 400 feet. I'd be pissed if I was the team, can you imagine him tearing something in his arm doing this?

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...om-home-plate/
Old 07-23-2014, 07:29 AM   #233
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

As the broadcaster said: "You could throw your aaaahhhmmmm out"
Old 07-23-2014, 10:05 AM   #234
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Tigers' bullpen blows another one.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:51 AM   #235
AdamJoshua

Two good sports with a lot of class. Love that there was someone honest enough to turn over the ring, let's face it business owners or not there's a lot of scumbags in the world and love that the Red Sox are inviting him to Fenway to see Captain Intangibles final game.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/11...sox-title-ring
Old 07-28-2014, 11:23 AM   #236
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Quote:
Two good sports with a lot of class. Love that there was someone honest enough to turn over the ring, let's face it business owners or not there's a lot of scumbags in the world and love that the Red Sox are inviting him to Fenway to see Captain Intangibles final game.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/11...sox-title-ring
Nice story, and good result on both sides. Let's hope it is a good game up in Fenway.

BTW, The Captain is two away from tying Yaz for #7 all-time in hits.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:37 AM   #237
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

First Name: Garry
Trading: (39)
CigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Tigers' bullpen blows another one.
I was really pulling for the Tigers in this series against the Angels.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:52 AM   #238
AdamJoshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Nice story, and good result on both sides. Let's hope it is a good game up in Fenway.

BTW, The Captain is two away from tying Yaz for #7 all-time in hits.
That's awesome
Old 07-28-2014, 03:18 PM   #239
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Quote:
That's awesome
Over the past Hall Of Fame weekend, Tom Seaver opined about Jeter and the HoF. Tom Terrific presently holds the highest percentage of votes ever for election at 98.84%. Supposedly it would have been higher, but three voters submitted blank ballots in protest of Pete Rose's exclusion from the ballot . . . just one more reason I dislike Charlie Hustle. Anyhoo, Seaver expressed his belief that Jeets would be the first unanimous vote-getter to be elected to Cooperstown.

As much as I like Jeter, and respect Seaver, I disagree.

Hey, Mo will be eligible one year earlier than Jeets.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:50 PM   #240
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

I like Charlie Hustle, and hate Tom Seaver.

OK, I don't hate Seaver, I just feel like being argumentative. But I really do like Pete Rose. Realy, honest.