Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-15-2008, 01:30 PM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Navarre double corona

This Navarre is a completely French puro, completely made out of tobacco which was grown in Navarrex, in the southwest of France. They released a petit robusto and a robusto from their crops of 2003 and later, but the 2005 crop was so good that they had enough good wrappers to create a huge double corona and that’s the one I smoked today.

The cigar has a nice sweet aroma, a bit like honey and a nice light and smooth, oily wrapper. The flavors go from sweet to a bit leather, all light but tasteful. The honey, which I could smell, comes back in the flavor. There is not a lot of progress in the cigar, but the flavors that are noticeable are consistent throughout the whole cigar, which is good for a 3 hour smoke. Close to the end though, when the turning point comes in sight there is some citrus noticeable soon followed by some pepper.

I guess that the cigar was a bit to moist, the (pre)draw was a bit difficult, the ash was inconsistent and fell of way to soon (I could not make cone’s bigger then 2 centimeter) and halfway the burn problems started, I had to keep on puffing, the cigar needed too much work to keep lit, I had to light it several times to get the burn going again.

Would I buy this cigar again? No, it is a nice cigar but overpriced.
Don Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:21 PM   #2
Tw3nty

Default Re: Navarre double corona

never had this cigar either. nice review again.