Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 05-31-2010, 08:55 PM   #1
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough
Default Any U-Verse users upgrade their hard drive?

So, I just started with U-Verse and was wondering if there's a possibility of upgrading the hard drives. I bought external hdd's for my DirecTV DVR's that I never got around to using that were 2 TB and never so much as plugged them in cuz I dropped them first.

Anyone???
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:11 PM   #2
md4958
Captain Cannoli

First Name: Moe
Trading: (62)
HUpmann
md4958 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Any U-Verse users upgrade their hard drive?

Nope, however I have had to swap out two bad "gateways" and 3 bad tv receivers. The new receivers store a ton of recordings (most of them in HD).

Overall Im pleased with UVerse, but their equipment can be sketchy, and NEVER try to contact them via online chat... always call customer service directly if you have a problem or question regarding tech support. Im convinced the online "techs" are the most incompetent people on the face of the earth... they cant get anything right. Also, my understanding from the phone support is that they dont share information with the online techs... (phone support couldnt see any of the notations on my account from online support)

To sum that up, call them up and ask them about upgrading your memory.

"One fart can foul the air for everyone" - Esteemed philosopher
"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
md4958 is offline   Reply With Quote