Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 10-23-2008, 06:17 AM   #1
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold
Default Punch/V-cut Question

I picked up a bundle "Super-Premium 2nds" off of CB for yard gars. Although they are very mild, I like the flavor somewhat. What I can't stand is the amount of tobacco bits that end up in my mouth!!! The ad says they are made with long filler. I think not!!!

Anyway, I have always cut my cigars. After spitting about 30 times yesterday I was thinking about chunking rest of these. Then I thought about using a punch, but I don't have one. Then I thought about something I have read on here... making a "V-cut." To do that do I just use a knife and make two small cuts that come together to make a V?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Smokin Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:28 AM   #2
rsamos

Default Re: Punch/V-cut Question

You'd use a 'V' cutter.

Something like this:

http://www.famous-smoke.com/cigars/s..._-CU-FIR-VC010
Old 10-23-2008, 08:39 AM   #3
CoroHo

Gator! You should quit smoking that cheap chit, for one.

I'm not sure a v-cutter would help if the filler is the problem. It will help save the cap from being slashed too deeply, but no matter how you clip the cap it will expose the short filler. Dunno!

AM/CoRoHo
Old 10-23-2008, 08:44 AM   #4
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoroHo View Post
Gator! You should quit smoking that cheap chit, for one.

I'm not sure a v-cutter would help if the filler is the problem. It will help save the cap from being slashed too deeply, but no matter how you clip the cap it will expose the short filler. Dunno!

AM/CoRoHo
LOL on the cheap stuff!!! I know you are right. My collection of decent and up sticks is growing by the day it seems, but I keep telling myself I should let them age. So I buy cheap stuff to smoke daily or for the yard. I gotta get over that!!!
Smokin Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:47 AM   #5
RHNewfie
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (15)
Partagas
RHNewfie is a jewel in the roughRHNewfie is a jewel in the roughRHNewfie is a jewel in the rough

I have to say, when I went to Cuba last August I grabbed the wrong cutter and it turned out to be by V cutter, I was surprised at how well it cut and how much I enjoyed the cut - if that makes sense. Now I use it all the time!