Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Pipe Forum > Reviews

Old 01-20-2013, 07:26 AM   #21
DaBear
Have My Own Room

First Name: Bear
Trading: (26)
HdM
DaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Flake tobaccos ???

To me a flake is a flake, broken or not. The only time it changes in my book is when its rubbed out. Even a "crumble cake" I'd consider a flake.
DaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #22
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
To me a flake is a flake, broken or not. The only time it changes in my book is when its rubbed out. Even a "crumble cake" I'd consider a flake.
Yes, the are all "flakes", but they are as different from one another as are apples and oranges. They are both types of fruit, but that is where the difference ends.

Should we really get funky? Do flakes, cut from ropes count as flakes? I know some who would say, no. They would define them as disks or curly cuts. So they haveakes, broken flake, crumle cakes (krumble kakes), and disks/curly cuts.

Peace of The Lord be with you.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:28 PM   #23
DaBear
Have My Own Room

First Name: Bear
Trading: (26)
HdM
DaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
Yes, the are all "flakes", but they are as different from one another as are apples and oranges. They are both types of fruit, but that is where the difference ends.

Should we really get funky? Do flakes, cut from ropes count as flakes? I know some who would say, no. They would define them as disks or curly cuts. So they haveakes, broken flake, crumle cakes (krumble kakes), and disks/curly cuts.

Peace of The Lord be with you.
Basically what I was saying. They're all flakes, but there are different subtypes of the general category of a flake.
DaBear is offline   Reply With Quote