Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 07-19-2009, 02:45 PM   #1
GHC_Hambone

Default Augusto Reyes Maduro Toro

I lit this up today outside, a cool day perfect for a cigar. Opens with the typical maduro coffee flavors with a bit of spice in the back. Great draw, giving out lots of smoke with just a bit of resistance, perfect. Giving off lots of smoke just sitting in the ashtray as well. The cigar was burning well, but about an inch in picked up some dead spots on the wrapper. Easily fixable with my lighter though. Third of the way through, and still the same maduro flavors.
Burn needed to be fixed again. I tasted some sweetness with the coffee flavors about half way through. Coming up on the end, I picked up some charcoal notes.

I had to fight the burn the whole way, but I have been having some burn problems lately so it might not all be the cigars fault. I dryboxed it for a day, maybe I should have a little longer. Nice maduro flavors though, and I saw these for $50 dollars a box so a good deal. I would try this again, maybe I got a bad stick or didn't drybox enough. Overall a 7/10.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:37 PM   #2
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Augusto Reyes Maduro Toro

Thanks for the review Joe!!
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 03:49 PM   #3
MajorCaptSilly
Sklee

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Bolivar
MajorCaptSilly has disabled reputation
Default Re: Augusto Reyes Maduro Toro

I've had the same experience. I'd give it a 5/10.

MCS