Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2010, 09:07 AM   #1
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default The LGC ping lighter

http://www.atlanticcigar.com/beatclockdeals.html

Cigary pointed this lighter out to us in another thread, and I was gonna continue the threadjack and realized, "WHY?" So this is a thread now. Deal with it, lol.

Just got my lighter in and I'd like to comment that if the regular priceof this is ACTUALLY $250, I'll eat my hat! BUT it is a nice lighter. WOrds have been bandied about over how realistic the "ping" is on opening. Cigary termed it "Dead-Nutts on" if I recall correctly. I went online to HEAR the ping of a S.T. Dupont lighter, and dead nutts is correct. It's got a nice soft flame and all of the controls and valves are recessed under fold away mechanizms just like the french-made superlighter. Maybe lighters shaped like it cost $250. Or maybe this is a better lighter than 25 bucks should be able to buy. I like mine. Glad I got two even. But the logo of LGC looks like some kind of sticker they threw on a white lighter, almost detracting frm the overall lighter vibe. But it is part of the finish, it just looks oddly small. And the GOLD trim looks a lot better in person, all of the silvery parts in the photo are actually gold. Plating or something, maybe just gold chrome, but nice.

Now the other tabletop lighter that I bought just to justify ordering online and paying shipping makes me feel a bit like a meth hed. Too big?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg atlanticcigar_2107_261184.jpg (34.9 KB, 534 views)
File Type: jpg atlanticcigar_2103_1222206.jpg (11.3 KB, 445 views)
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote