Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 12-09-2009, 07:47 PM   #1
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default A plea for some help.

Vin posted a quick note about how his ex-wife was treated by her new boyfriend. As a stand-up guy, he asked for prayers for her and the situation.

I know Vin has helped out other in the past. And this isn't even for Vin, it's for his ex. So, read on.

Here's his original post on the situation, please take a moment to read it. http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...74&postcount=1

I asked if there was anything that could be done to help.

He didn't ask for help. He said that he's doing what he can, but he "cannot cover everything." However, he also said that since it does affect his children, he wasn't going to turn an offer away (or something like that). He did state, "I just want to reiterate though that no one is going hungry. They have a roof over their heads and a vehicle to drive. It's just a crummy situation to deal with during what should should be a time of joy. I don't want to make it into a bigger deal than it is."

OK, so it isn't an emergency. This is Christmas though, and so I asked, "If someone wants to lend some financial assistance, how can we help?"

Please read the original post to see what kind of stuff the ex's boyfriend left with. It appears that He didn't take the kid's stuff - he took appliances and furniture. Some of the small appliances have been replaced, but there is a need for furniture and the larger appliances. I know none of us can do that, but maybe with a few donations we can help offset some of the expenses. Part of a note to me from Vin stated, "A lot of what was taken was silly, stupid stuff: a coffee maker, a vegetable steamer, a set of cutlery, etc. I had my ex put together a Target shopping list, and I took care of the immediate necessities. What I know she's going to have a hard time with is replacing furniture and appliances. What I know will never be lacking is anything for the kids as their grandparents will fill those needs well."

I asked how we could get money to him. Vin has suggested the following as a way to funds to him to get to Christine.

He stated the following: It doesn't really matter to me how people send. Check, PP -- it's all the same to me. I think my preferance would be to receive it here and then send it on to her so that I can thank people.

Checks can be made out to Christine Stolo and sent to Vin (PM me and I will give you his address so we don't publically post it here).

PP donations can go to vstolo@hotmail.com

I will be personally sending a check to Christine via Vin. If you can assist in this matter, I am sure Christine would appreciate it.

God's blessings to you all for a great Christmas.

Peace of the Lord be with you all.

Last edited by RevSmoke; 12-09-2009 at 07:52 PM. Reason: grammatical errors
RevSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:55 PM   #2
kgoings
Cigarologist

First Name: Kirk
Trading: (42)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
kgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: A plea for some help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
Vin posted a quick note about how his ex-wife was treated by her new boyfriend. As a stand-up guy, he asked for prayers for her and the situation.

I know Vin has helped out other in the past. And this isn't even for Vin, it's for his ex. So, read on.

Here's his original post on the situation, please take a moment to read it. http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...74&postcount=1

He didn't ask for help. He said that he's doing what he can, but he "cannot cover everything." However, he also said that since it does affect his children, he wasn't going to turn an offer away (or something like that). He did state, "I just want to reiterate though that no one is going hungry. They have a roof over their heads and a vehicle to drive. It's just a crummy situation to deal with during what should should be a time of joy. I don't want to make it into a bigger deal than it is."

OK, so it isn't an emergency. This is Christmas though, and so I asked, "If someone wants to lend some financial assistance, how can we help?"

Please read the original post to see what kind of stuff the ex's boyfriend left with. It appears that He didn't take the kid's stuff - he took appliances and furniture. Some of the small appliances have been replaced, but there is a need for furniture and the larger appliances. I know none of us can do that, but maybe with a few donations we can help offset some of the expenses. Part of a note to me from Vin stated, "A lot of what was taken was silly, stupid stuff: a coffee maker, a vegetable steamer, a set of cutlery, etc. I had my ex put together a Target shopping list, and I took care of the immediate necessities. What I know she's going to have a hard time with is replacing furniture and appliances. What I know will never be lacking is anything for the kids as their grandparents will fill those needs well."

I asked how we could get money to him. Vin has suggested the following as a way to funds to him to get to Christine.

He stated the following: It doesn't really matter to me how people send. Check, PP -- it's all the same to me. I think my preferance would be to receive it here and then send it on to her so that I can thank people.

Checks can be made out to Christine Stolo and sent to Vin (PM me and I will give you his address so we don't publically post it here).

I will be personally sending a check to Christine via Vin. If you can assist in this matter, I am sure Christine would appreciate it.

I was thinking the same thing. Consider money on the way
Old 12-09-2009, 07:59 PM   #3
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Pray-palled some funds. Thanks, Todd.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:05 PM   #4
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

Just wow. I'm a little choked up. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:08 PM   #5
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by massphatness View Post
Just wow. I'm a little choked up. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.
Hey... it's Cigar Asylum, brother. Its what we do.

Praying things turn around for Christine, Vin. You are a good man.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:40 PM   #6
Doctorossi
Have My Own Room

Trading: (8)
Punch
Doctorossi will become famous soon enoughDoctorossi will become famous soon enough

PP sent. Thank you so much for doing this, Rev. Here's to a speedy recovery!
Old 12-09-2009, 08:57 PM   #7
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

VR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post

I know its a rough time of year... but I hope some more folks can help.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:59 PM   #8
blugill
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andy
Trading: (10)
blugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of light

Sounds like a perfect situation for my PIF, I'll be sending funds on the 18th.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:02 PM   #9
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe View Post
Hey... it's Cigar Asylum, brother. Its what we do.

Praying things turn around for Christine, Vin. You are a good man.
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:15 AM   #10
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

morning bump.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:25 AM   #11
TripleF
11/11/11 EPIC IV

First Name: Scott
Trading: (176)
TripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to behold

The people on this board are incredible!!

Pray-palled some funds too bro!! (stole that from SmokeyJoe).
TripleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:42 AM   #12
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleF View Post
The people on this board are incredible!!

Pray-palled some funds too bro!! (stole that from SmokeyJoe).
I'll be doing the same later today. It's a no-brainer for all that Vin does for others to help his family out when they need it.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:48 AM   #13
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Makes me smile, Vin.
I gave the ex a hug yesterday and told her I love her. Took a long time to get there.
I'll see what I can do.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:56 AM   #14
Darrell

PP sent.

Also guys, if possible send this as a "gift". That way no fees are deducted.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:03 AM   #15
GKitty
JAFO

First Name: Crystal
Trading: (8)
HdM
GKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really nice

I've been waiting for this thread to start. Thanks, Rev.

"Pray-Pall"... I love it! and I'm using it to send what I can.

Vin, thanks for letting me repay a little of the joy you've brought to this our beloved asylum.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:15 AM   #16
DBall
Cigar Jesus

First Name: Dan
Trading: (46)
RyJ
DBall has disabled reputation

A little ppal gift sent...

Happy holidays.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:48 AM   #17
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

PP on the way, Vin!

Hope all works out!!
Old 12-10-2009, 09:56 AM   #18
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

A PM sent to Rev for an addy. My prayers are with everyone involved in this terrible situation.

Vin, I'm going away for a long weekend so I'll be sending something to you for your ex next week.
yourchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:55 AM   #19
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

It does my heart good to see that others have the same thoughts as I did.

God's blessings to Christine and the kids - and to you also, Vin.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:04 PM   #20
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

I'm blown away. Can't thank you all enough. I'll post more later tonight, but the response of this community has floored me.