Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 07-15-2009, 01:35 AM   #1
CubbiesFan4Life

Default Cuban Crafters online ordering.

I apologize if this is in the wrong area, I wasn't sure where to post. I wanted to see what peoples thoughts are. On the 6th of July I placed an order for a humidor and 2 bundles from Cuban Crafters. I received a confirmation e-mail but the content of the e-mail was blocked by the Army. I sent 2 follow-up e-mails during that week to have them send it to a different e-mail address (my civilian g-mail account) so I could ensure the order was properly processed. I received no response. I finally had to stay up late into the night when the store in the states would be open to talk to someone. All they could tell me was the order was processed but they had no way of tracking it, and to call back in a week if I didn't get it. Is this a common occurence or did I just get a raw deal? Also what online retailers does everyone here use that has receptive and responsive costumer service? It is hard when you are 8,000 miles away to deal with people who can't help. Thanks for any input.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:25 AM   #2
Barteur
Golf is life

First Name: Eric
Trading: (18)
Cohiba
Barteur will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Cuban Crafters online ordering.

Hello I found this in the Canadian Thread, This was done to see who was shipping to Canada. This gives you a lists for company to look at:

Companies Confirmed
Mr. Bundles
Tarheelcigars - Nobody has tried them recently, didn't respond to my inquiries
Lynn Cigars
Atlantic Cigar - Highly recommended
CVM Cigars
Pleasant Smoke
Billboard Tobacco
The Cigar Cellar
Cuban Crafters
lacigar.com
elfumador
Taboo Cigars
Cigarplace.biz
Cheap Humidors
Absolute Cigars.com
Kioki Cigars
Fumeeworld.com
4noggins (Pipe Tobacco)
frenchyspipes (Pipe Tobacco)

Companies Confirmed (Will Not Ship)
Cigar King
Cigars International
Tampa Sweetheart
JR Cigars
Cigar.com

Companies Confirmed (Will Ship But Do things very by the book)
famous-smoke
2guyssmokeshop
Holts

Accessories
Cigarmony
Cheap Humidors

Hope this help a bit, btw I cannot tell you if they offer a good service and price its only a list of vendor to look at.
Regards

Frenchie
Old 07-15-2009, 06:45 AM   #3
Thrak
.. the man from Nantucket

Trading: (2)
HUpmann
Thrak is on a distinguished road

I've had great luck with CubanCrafters and have ordered from the quite a few times. They were VERY quick with a warranty replacement of a cutter I have of theirs.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.
Thrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:47 PM   #4
acarr
Have My Own Room

Trading: (34)
acarr will become famous soon enough

Sorry to hear about your experience also. I order from them just once and had no problems at all. They even sent some free stuff in there.
acarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:56 PM   #5
eber
Have My Own Room

First Name: Erik
Trading: (7)
Bolivar
eber will become famous soon enough

I have ordered from Cuban Crafters twice and have had excellent service both times, there was a ding on my humi and they offered a nice discount on my next order, I didnt want to send it back because it is barely visible.
eber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 07:22 PM   #6
TXRebel
Have My Own Room

First Name: Cary
Trading: (12)
TXRebel has disabled reputation

I’ve placed 2 orders with Cuban Crafters and have had excellent service, but I am not 8,000 miles away.

Online Cigar Info.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:14 PM   #7
Big Ben

Cuban Crafters won't leave you hanging. I had an issue once out of about 20 times ordering from them. They were concerned and took care of it immediately.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:16 AM   #8
PuffingRob

Sorry to hear what has happened so far.

Like everyone else has mentioned Cuban Crafters has always been top notch. I have no doubt in my mind that they will take care of you.

I hope all works out.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:46 AM   #9
SmokinDuck
Nuts I tell ya.

Trading: (1)
SmokinDuck is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't get too worried about it. I too have ordered from them a few times and have had no issues, although their ordering and confirmation process, to me, is a little screwy.

I think it may be the fact that you are not in the states and it's probably just an email snafu.

There may be someone here that you trust that can contact them on your behalf and explain the situation and get it all straightened out.

What sticks did you order? If you get pooched, I'll step up and offer a couple of cigars.

BTW...Thanks for your service.

When life hands ya lemons, you make lemonade...then you find someone who has vodka and have a party.
SmokinDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:57 AM   #10
CubbiesFan4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinDuck View Post
What sticks did you order? If you get pooched, I'll step up and offer a couple of cigars.

BTW...Thanks for your service.
It was just 50 cigars of cuban crafters choice, that I can pass out to the guys over here, they came with the humi. and that is all I really wanted out of the order, I'm tired of keeping my personal stash in someone elses box. I appreciate the feed back from everyone, and I think I will just chalk this one up to the deployment gremlins.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:54 PM   #11
shemp
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: clark
Trading: (0)
Partagas
shemp is on a distinguished road

I am a Cuban crafters club member and highly praise their smokes and their customer service. Call back or email again and talk to the supervisor, i think his name is alberto. Just as with any company shipping problems will occur, i work as a supervisor of packaging so i hear the complaints all day long, i have only had very generous customer service resolution from cuban crafters. perhaps you got one of the guys in a hurry or something else was going on, but i woukld definately send a second email, explain that this is a second email, leave a phone number contact, and they will respond prolly with extras...my 2 cents
shemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 04:28 AM   #12
CubbiesFan4Life

Going on 2 weeks now, 3 e-mails and 1 phone call...no package. I would really hate to receive a package that is damaged and have to wait 2 more weeks to receive another one. I am definitely going with CI for every online purchase here out. They delivered over a week ago with an order placed the same day.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:32 AM   #13
tobii3

Obviously, this is your very first deployment.

You're complaining about your order not reaching the 'Stan in EIGHT days.

Did you even bother to pay attention when your Unit briefed you that mail can take up to TWO WEEKS???

Anything UNDER two weeks in Afghanistan or Iraq is above expectations!!

Quote:
I'm tired of keeping my personal stash in someone elses box.
Did you see my reply in your earlier thread regarding Pelican cases??

LINK

Last edited by tobii3; 07-18-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:36 AM   #14
CubbiesFan4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobii3 View Post
Obviously, this is your very first deployment.

You're complaining about your order not reaching the 'Stan in EIGHT days.

Did you even bother to pay attention when your Unit briefed you that mail can take up to TWO WEEKS???

Anything UNDER two weeks in Afghanistan or Iraq is above expectations.
This is actually my 3rd deployment, and average mail delivery is 7 to 10 days. I would not be posting except 2 shipments from CI placed on the same day made it 7 days earlier. Also the fact that Cuban Crafters could not give me a status on the deliver and had poor customer service. Please if you have nothing constructive to post leave your opinions to yourself, thank you.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:02 AM   #15
tobii3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubbiesFan4Life View Post
This is actually my 3rd deployment, and average mail delivery is 7 to 10 days. I would not be posting except 2 shipments from CI placed on the same day made it 7 days earlier. Also the fact that Cuban Crafters could not give me a status on the deliver and had poor customer service. Please if you have nothing constructive to post leave your opinions to yourself, thank you.
I was being nice.

I've logged 86 months deployment time and over 20 years on Active Duty. So lose the attitude.

The fact that you ordered THREE different shipments on the 6th - yet you say...

Quote:
I'm tired of keeping my personal stash in someone elses box.
Shows where your priorities are at.

Storage is your PRIMARY concern over there. #1. Ambient Humidity is at best 11% - 14% and WOODEN HUMIDORS are USELESS.

Cuban Crafters CANNOT give you status on the shipment because they can only track until they turn over to the APO. Then it's all on the MILITARY POSTAL SYSTEM.

We won't mention that mail backlogs in Germany and in Bagram until they have a FULL load to deliver, because you obviously have learned that in your two previous deployments.

You want them to track all the way to you?? Pay the extra money for CERTIFIED tracking and SEE how long THAT takes.

As I said, i was being nice.

Your comment here....

Quote:
I finally had to stay up late into the night when the store in the states would be open to talk to someone.
Let me break this down to the fellow members here...

Afghanistan is currently 9 1/2 hours ahead of the East Coast.

9AM here (0900) is the ""late into the night"" hours of......6:30PM (1830)....which is Chow time...Dinner.

Being that you are currently posting right now, that means it's about 20 minutes to 10PM over there...another LATE night???

My apologies to the team of 11 for having to tell a Service Member to quit whining.

Last edited by tobii3; 07-18-2009 at 10:11 AM.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:18 AM   #16
CubbiesFan4Life

I made this post to ask for opinions on online ordering and to see what if any issues people have had with Cuban Crafters and it has turned into an unproffesional attack on my character. This post needs to be closed, becuase the usefulness of it are now gone.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:25 AM   #17
tobii3

Everyone here has posted OUTSTANDING comments about Cuban Crafters AND their Customer Service.....except for ONE person.

Old 07-18-2009, 10:44 AM   #18
tobii3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubbiesFan4Life View Post
I made this post to ask for opinions on online ordering
Quote:
On the 6th of July I placed an order
on the 15th at 3 AM you complained (Complaint #1).

Quote:
I received a confirmation e-mail but the content of the e-mail was blocked by the Army
Complaint #2

Quote:
I sent 2 follow-up e-mails during that week to have them send it to a different e-mail address (my civilian g-mail account) so I could ensure the order was properly processed. I received no response
Complaint #3

Quote:
I finally had to stay up late into the night when the store in the states would be open to talk to someone.
Complaint #4

Quote:
All they could tell me was the order was processed but they had no way of tracking it, and to call back in a week if I didn't get it.
Complaint #5

Quote:
Is this a common occurence or did I just get a raw deal?
Complaint #6

then a follow up -

Quote:
This is actually my 3rd deployment, and average mail delivery is 7 to 10 days.
You COMPLAINED after EIGHT days. You emailed them TWICE in that eight day period (see Complaint #3)

Quote:
Also what online retailers does everyone here use that has receptive and responsive costumer service?
Obviously complaining about CubanCrafters Customer Service. (Complaint #7)

Quote:
It is hard when you are 8,000 miles away to deal with people who can't help.
And once again, complaining. (Complaint #8)

That's not an unprofessional attack on your character. That's pointing out the truth.