Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 09-11-2009, 11:10 PM   #761
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of
Default Re: *2009 MLB Thread*

Congrats to Derek Jeter as he passed Lou Gehrig for sole possesion on the Yankees all-time hits leaders. Next up is 3,000 hits which would most likely happen in 2011.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:36 AM   #762
SmokinDuck
Nuts I tell ya.

Trading: (1)
SmokinDuck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
As much as I hate the Yankees...I have always liked Jeter. He is class through and through. Congrats!!
I have to agree. I have a lot of respect for him as a player.

When life hands ya lemons, you make lemonade...then you find someone who has vodka and have a party.
SmokinDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 06:22 AM   #763
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to Derek Jeter!! Glad he could do this at home.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:51 PM   #764
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Trading: (0)
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

O's giving us grief
Old 09-12-2009, 09:56 PM   #765
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

AJ needs to fins a way out of his funk.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:34 PM   #766
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

The Yankees and Blue Jays just had a huge brawl.

2 Jays hitters got hit tonight. Retaliation is a pitch behind Posada. Posada has words & Benches clear, nothing happens. Later in the inning Posada scores and the pitcher just happens to position himself in Posada's way to the dugout. Posada gives him a little elbow shove, pitcher has words at Posada and all hell breaks loose. Yankees manager Giradi has a mouse under his eye, the Blue Jays pitcher has a big swollen spot on his head.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:40 PM   #767
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
The Yankees and Blue Jays just had a huge brawl.

2 Jays hitters got hit tonight. Retaliation is a pitch behind Posada. Posada has words & Benches clear, nothing happens. Later in the inning Posada scores and the pitcher just happens to position himself in Posada's way to the dugout. Posada gives him a little elbow shove, pitcher has words at Posada and all hell breaks loose. Yankees manager Giradi has a mouse under his eye, the Blue Jays pitcher has a big swollen spot on his head.
While I don't agree with the pitching behind Posada thing...what he did was straight "bush league". He is a well respected veteran that definetly knows better. He deserved to get tossed, although I think Carlson got the worst of that (did you see that knot on his head?). He's gonna be suspended for five games and they are trying to stay hot while rolling to the end with the best record in the AL...not a smart move for sure.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:44 PM   #768
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Carlson should also get suspended. That was no mistake that he happened to be standing there when he should have been behind home plate. That was a good fight though.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:46 PM   #769
darkninja67

Yankees are going to be in big trouble unless they get their pitching sorted out fast.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:49 PM   #770
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkninja67 View Post
Yankees are going to be in big trouble unless they get their pitching sorted out fast.

In what way? It is not like they are going to be pitching Sergio Mitre in the postseason. They will be going with CC, Pettitte, Burnett in the division series, then add in Joba in the ALCS.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:53 PM   #771
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Carlson should also get suspended. That was no mistake that he happened to be standing there when he should have been behind home plate. That was a good fight though.
True!! Not saying he didn't instigate it.

Quote:

In what way? It is not like they are going to be pitching Sergio Mitre in the postseason. They will be going with CC, Pettitte, Burnett in the division series, then add in Joba in the ALCS.
So you think they go with the one day rest series, versus the 2 day rest series? Especially if they draw the Tigers and that's a good way to avoid seeing Verlander twice.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:57 PM   #772
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Quote:
So you think they go with the one day rest series, versus the 2 day rest series? Especially if they draw the Tigers and that's a good way to avoid seeing Verlander twice.
They are only going to Verlander once because they are going to sweep Detroit.

Actually barring a sweep they will see Verlander twice no matter which format they pick. The Yankees are also being smart with CC and not pushing his starts too deep down the stretch. The Brewers burnt him out last September and he was spent before postseason started.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:59 PM   #773
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
They are only going to Verlander once because they are going to sweep Detroit.

Actually barring a sweep they will see Verlander twice no matter which format they pick. The Yankees are also being smart with CC and not pushing his starts too deep down the stretch. The Brewers burnt him out last September and he was spent before postseason started.
That's a pretty bold statement...with Verlander, Jackson, and Porcello. I agree that they are doing the right thing with CC by not burning him out. Joba needs to stay in the bullpen to be effective...with him, Hughes and Rivera...tough 7,8,9 innings for any team.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:05 AM   #774
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Quote:
That's a pretty bold statement...with Verlander, Jackson, and Porcello. I agree that they are doing the right thing with CC by not burning him out. Joba needs to stay in the bullpen to be effective...with him, Hughes and Rivera...tough 7,8,9 innings for any team.
I was mostly joking on the sweep thing. The Yankees primary bullpen is awesome without Joba, and if you add him in there for round 1 it is a scary sight for the other team.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:06 AM   #775
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

The batting lineup is SCARY AWESOME!! 1-9 , no easy outs.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:10 AM   #776
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Quote:
The batting lineup is SCARY AWESOME!! 1-9 , no easy outs.
The bench is great also. Molina is the best backup catcher in baseball and is a much better defensive catcher that Posada, then you have Gardner who is one of the fastest players in baseball, Harriston Jr. was a great pick up and he can play every position if needed. Hopefully it will be a good October in NY.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:50 PM   #777
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

The Yankees win for the 94th time this season with their 14th walk-off victory. Rookie catcher Ceravelli singles in the bottom of the 9th to score Gardner from 3rd for the win.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:01 PM   #778
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

The suspension's from the Yankees vs Blue Jays brawl.

Yankees
Jorge Posada - 3 games & fined (serving)
Shelley Duncan - 3 games (appealing)
Edwar Ramirez - fined
Kevin Long (hitting coach) - fined

Blue Jays
Jesse Carlson - 3 games & fined (serving)
Rod Barajas - fined
Old 09-16-2009, 09:51 PM   #779
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
The suspension's from the Yankees vs Blue Jays brawl.

Yankees
Jorge Posada - 3 games & fined (serving)
Shelley Duncan - 3 games (appealing)
Edwar Ramirez - fined
Kevin Long (hitting coach) - fined

Blue Jays
Jesse Carlson - 3 games & fined (serving)
Rod Barajas - fined
Like he's gonna get any playing time!!
Old 09-16-2009, 09:53 PM   #780
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Quote:
Like he's gonna get any playing time!!
During the game tonight they did not know why he was appealing. Possibly waiting until Posada is back on Sunday so as not to have 2 hitters gone from the bench at the same time.