Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 12-26-2011, 05:38 PM   #21
SteelCityBoy
7th Heaven Will Commeth!!

First Name: Ken
Trading: (21)
Bolivar
SteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura aboutSteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Viaje Holiday Blend '11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Lots of "negative comments" about this years Holiday Blend. Gonna wait awhile before I smoke some of mine.
What has been your experience with these before Mac (or anyone else who cares to share)? I am curious to know your thoughts because I actually had considered buying some of the 2011 versions. I smoked the 2010 Christmas day and it just tasted like cedar and some spice all the way through. Are they usually much different?
SteelCityBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 06:18 PM   #22
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityBoy View Post
What has been your experience with these before Mac (or anyone else who cares to share)? I am curious to know your thoughts because I actually had considered buying some of the 2011 versions. I smoked the 2010 Christmas day and it just tasted like cedar and some spice all the way through. Are they usually much different?
They are usually "spice bombs"...flavorfull, but not very complex. Pretty one dimesnional..all spice, which I love. With a few months on them...they are still spicy but the flavors are much more pronounced. That has been my experience with the 2009 & 2010 release. But, the Skull 'N Bones were the same way and now I don't enjoy any of the red banded ones. I am really hoping Andre didn't mess up a good thing here because these were in my "top 3" sticks of all time.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:58 AM   #23
SteelCityBoy
7th Heaven Will Commeth!!

First Name: Ken
Trading: (21)
Bolivar
SteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura aboutSteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
They are usually "spice bombs"...flavorfull, but not very complex. Pretty one dimesnional..all spice, which I love. With a few months on them...they are still spicy but the flavors are much more pronounced. That has been my experience with the 2009 & 2010 release. But, the Skull 'N Bones were the same way and now I don't enjoy any of the red banded ones. I am really hoping Andre didn't mess up a good thing here because these were in my "top 3" sticks of all time.
I guess that was pretty much my experience with it...

For some reason I had it built up in my mind a different way and then when I smoked it, it just didn't seem to hit the spot I had envisioned. I may just grab that fiver I wanted and try them again. I am generally not huge spice fan, just like the right amount so perhaps that's what threw me off. Either way, when you do burn yours, I hope you enjoy brother!
SteelCityBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:19 PM   #24
danreeve
Feeling at Home

First Name: Dan
Trading: (2)
danreeve has a spectacular aura aboutdanreeve has a spectacular aura about

Smoked one 2011. Thought it was all power and no flavor after the first inch or so. Disappointing because I really like the other holiday releases.

Dan
Old 12-28-2011, 11:56 AM   #25
cigardan
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Dan
Trading: (0)
cigardan is on a distinguished road

I think I may have one of the 2011 torps on NYE.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:04 PM   #26
Ranger_B
Have My Own Room

First Name: Frank
Trading: (31)
Montecristo Army (Active)
Ranger_B is a jewel in the roughRanger_B is a jewel in the roughRanger_B is a jewel in the rough

Just got a fiver and they smell like they need a little rest. I may light one up this weekend. I usually like the holiday blend so I am hoping these are great.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:24 PM   #27
HollywoodQue
Invictus

First Name: Howard
Trading: (46)
Bolivar Navy (Served With Honor)
HollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really nice

I may pick up a couple of these from my local B&M, smoke one right away and let the other rest...
HollywoodQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #28
FretSpot
Ronshumidor.com

First Name: Donovan
Trading: (25)
Bolivar
FretSpot is on a distinguished road

I had one fresh a couple of weeks ago, and it was fantastic.

I know my local place has them in stock - www.justforhim.com.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:57 PM   #29
jsnake
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jake
Trading: (22)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
jsnake will become famous soon enoughjsnake will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FretSpot View Post
I had one fresh a couple of weeks ago, and it was fantastic.

I know my local place has them in stock - www.justforhim.com.
Shut up Donovan. Keep spreading the word and none of us locally will be able to get any.

Christian is a great guy. Love stopping in there to talk with him. I still haven't picked any of these up yet. Normally I jump on each release with at least a couple to a fiver. Holiday Blend is one of my favorite cigars. I put myself on a buying freeze to smoke what I have already and to pay off some bills. This is killing me though knowing more new stuff is coming.
jsnake is offline   Reply With Quote