Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2009, 02:31 PM   #1
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light
Default Buying a new laptop- Apple?

I'm in the market for a new laptop. Have had a Dell for the past 5 years and it is time for a new one. In most of my computer experiences they performance goes down after the first year. I've only ever owned Dell computers and used Windows. Not a fan of Windows in any way, just always seemed very buggy. Cost isn't an issue in this as I want to get something that will last a while and not give me many problems...

Step in Apple. I've never really heard bad things about them, but at the same time I don't really know what is so much better about them. My personal experiences with Mac's have been great. Fast startups (from off or sleep mode), easy to use OS, great movie/photo editing, and the trackpad without the buttons is great.

Anybody out there that uses Linux? I've considered this but I don't want to spend a lot of time configuring the new computer. So if anybody could give some input on ease of use and what is out there for it.

I need the laptop for presentations (30%), photo/movie editing (10% of use), internet use (lots of this 45%), and movies/music (15%). I am rarely ever in one spot with a laptop so portability is important. I have a 17 inch screen now but probably will move down to a 15 inch.

I'm 51% sold on the Apple. Is it worth it? or should I be looking at something else?