Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 07-18-2012, 01:07 PM   #61
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bold Prediction Time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post
Not bold, They have started their ascent to the top of that division.
They are 2 games under .500 against AL opponents....
Old 07-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #62
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I think many Packer fans hope you're right!
Nah, we'll just take solace in the fact that we're returning the offense intact, including the reigning MVP and will field a much-improved defense (as it could've been much worse). That, and we've beaten the Giants two out of the last three meetings. What's that old saying about a blind squirrel and a nut? Look on the bright side; by the time the Packers come to town late November, you should be able to acquire tickets on the cheap.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:13 AM   #63
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
That, and we've beaten the Giants two out of the last three meetings. What's that old saying about a blind squirrel and a nut? Look on the bright side; by the time the Packers come to town late November, you should be able to acquire tickets on the cheap.
The bold may be true, but if you look at the last 4 meetings, the record is 2-2, with both Giant wins coming in January.
The Packers can win all the November games, and the Giants can win all the January games.
That works for me.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:24 AM   #64
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
The bold may be true, but if you look at the last 4 meetings, the record is 2-2, with both Giant wins coming in January.
The Packers can win all the November games, and the Giants can win all the January games.
That works for me.
Well, since the Giants aren't even going to make the playoffs this year, I guess we'll just take that November win.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:43 AM   #65
Will herf for food

VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Well, since the Giants aren't even going to make the playoffs this year, I guess we'll just take that November win.
That is not a bold prediction. Super Bowl champs often miss the playoffs the following year.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:37 PM   #66
SteelCityBoy
7th Heaven Will Commeth!!

First Name: Ken
Trading: (21)
Bolivar
SteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura aboutSteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityBoy View Post
The Pirates will win the NL central!
This may actually be the year it finally happens! I forgot all about this thread! We'll see if my Buc's can avoid a second half meltdown like in 2011. This years team feels different. We finally have the bats swinging now and if the pitching keeps it up this may be our year.... Finally!
SteelCityBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:49 PM   #67
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

First Name: Matt
Trading: (20)
HdM
Mattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the rough

Just about quoted you on that earlier today, Ken! Good to see the Buc's playing well.
Mattso3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:15 AM   #68
Will herf for food

VR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
Detroit Tigers make the playoffs. Bold, not sure?
Looking bold now. Especially after the frustration of watching last night's game.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #69
Will herf for food

VR

Quote:
Bump!

Are we going to get another prediction?

How about Lions make the playoffs, for the second year in a row.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:17 AM   #70
Will herf for food

VR

Here's another, The Wolverines are going to get trucked by the Crimson Tide. I know, not bold.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:35 PM   #71
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

Quote:
Looking bold now. Especially after the frustration of watching last night's game.
Go Royals! I'd be excited about being in third place if the Twins and Indians hadn't fallen off the face of the Earth.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:44 PM   #72
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

First Name: Matt
Trading: (20)
HdM
Mattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
How about Lions make the playoffs, for the second year in a row.
I'd say a bold call would be for the kitties to knock off the pack as Division Champs. Barring major injuries, they likely will make the playoffs again. If they find a consistent running game they should be one hell of a football team.
Mattso3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:05 PM   #73
BC-Axeman

Old 08-30-2012, 11:01 AM   #74
Will herf for food

VR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattso3000 View Post
I'd say a bold call would be for the kitties to knock off the pack as Division Champs. Barring major injuries, they likely will make the playoffs again. If they find a consistent running game they should be one hell of a football team.
I dunno. I don't think the Leos will win the division. The Pack and Bears are both improved, although I think the Lions are better than the Bears.

Remember last year you guys thought I was nuts. Heck I think the Lions COULD win the division this year. But, they are without both of they best running backs for 2-6 games Minimum. They sent their a CB competing for a starting spot packing due to off the field issues, their 1st round pick DT from last year is going to get suspended, their best DB is going to miss time, and they drafted a WR coming off an ACL in the 2nd round this year.

I guess that would make it really bold given how good the Pack was last year and the Bears making some nice acquisitions. You've almost talked me into saying it, even though I think their chances are about 30% of actually doing it.