Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 07-06-2010, 11:19 PM   #1
GHC_Hambone

Default Cheap Hotels/Airfare to Vegas

I am graduating from college this December and so my family and I are looking to take a trip to Las Vegas for a few days in January. I was wondering if anyone had some tips on scoring some cheaper airfare or hotel rooms. One thing is we would like to stay on the strip so we don't have to rent a car.

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-07-2010, 07:15 AM   #2
poker
1:11

First Name: Kelly
Trading: (7)
Cohiba
poker has disabled reputation
Default Re: Cheap Hotels/Airfare to Vegas

www.airfarewatchdog.com

Cigar Asylum: A cigar board birthed without agendas, without profiting, and without advertisements. Amor puro

Character is what you do when no one is watching
poker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:29 AM   #3
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

try Bill's, center strip right across Ceasar's Palace. We paid less then $50 a night and the rooms were quite nice last year.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:16 AM   #4
TheRiddick
Non-believer

First Name: Greg
Trading: (7)
TheRiddick will become famous soon enoughTheRiddick will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHC_Hambone View Post
I am graduating from college this December and so my family and I are looking to take a trip to Las Vegas for a few days in January. I was wondering if anyone had some tips on scoring some cheaper airfare or hotel rooms. One thing is we would like to stay on the strip so we don't have to rent a car.

Thanks in advance!
If you go the week prior to Christmas, it is usually the cheapest time to travel to Vegas. And quietest as well, least crowded. Southwest Vacations has some of the best combo packages around (air plus hotel), you simply pick your travel dates and times and then hotel you want to stay at, they give you the best price around. But this depends if you are in the Southwest travel city.

Two other sites that give you great prices are www.vegas.com (air + hotel) and www.bestofvegas.com for hotel only.

I've stayed at Bally's (middle of the strip, easy access to everything) for less $500 for 4 days/3 nights for 2 people including air from Bay Area. And you can pay less depending on hotel, Bally's is a nice mid level one, there are more affordable options.

If you are planning to spend much time on the strip and decide to stay way off it to save money on hotel, calculate how much money you will spend on taxis to get to and from strip, in the end you may be better off staying at a decent place on the strip and save yourself time AND money.
TheRiddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:36 AM   #5
J0eybb
Feeling up at Home

First Name: Joe
Trading: (5)
J0eybb will become famous soon enough

Try priceline $50 a night 4 star hotel.

IP, Harrahs, even the Riviera are cheap and on the strip. Could stay at the gold coast, and party at the Palms and Rio everynight.
J0eybb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:09 AM   #6
White97Jimmy
Puff on this

First Name: James
Trading: (1)
RA
White97Jimmy is on a distinguished road

I was just in Vegas last week. $450 out the door for 4 days/3 nights, plane and hotel and pre-paid shuttle to/from hotel, stayed at MGM and included a $75 room credit for meals, services, etc at any MGM property. I booked thru my local travel agent. You may want to call a few agents and see what kind of deals they can work out for you.
White97Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:37 AM   #7
J0eybb
Feeling up at Home

First Name: Joe
Trading: (5)
J0eybb will become famous soon enough

Eat at Fiama at the MGM, and tip well.
J0eybb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:55 PM   #8
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (13)
LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light

Just got back from a spur of the moment trip, we booked over the phone in the car on the way out and got MGM for $50...in the summer! Luxor is usualy cheap but you don't want to stay in the pyramid, you want the tower, the ventilation in the pyramid sucks. Planet Hollywood is mid strip and usualy pretty cheap and you usualy get a free bottle of booze a day with your room. Steer clear of the Excaliber, I don't think they've updated their rooms since the 80's. Aria has been running some pretty sick deals and they're going to have a hard time filling 3000+ rooms in the winter so it should only get better!

Kayak.com is choice for finding good airfare