Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 04-15-2014, 03:49 PM   #1
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default Boston 1 year later

A lot of things going on in Boston right now, someone sent me this photo, I thought I was pretty cool and worth sharing, it's interactive that's why a link and not just posting it.

Nobody wanted to leave. It was almost 9 a.m. on a crisp Sunday. Thousands of photographs had been snapped and there was no reason to stick around on the start of a glorious spring day. Yet there in the middle of Boylston Street, in the exact spot where there had been so much sadness and anguish almost a year ago to the day, now there were smiles, hugs and selfies. Nobody had to be there. They wanted to be there. Maybe even needed to be there.

The Globe had invited them – survivors, police, firefighters, EMTs, doctors, nurses, runners, political figures, store owners, the Boston Athletic Association, Red Sox and Bruins players – to take time out of their weekend for a picture. The response was instant and overwhelming: When and where?

At 7:40 a car pulled up and Celeste Corcoran and her daughter Sydney stepped out. Celeste wore a brown leather jacket, and as she moved about easily on her prosthetic legs, her smile was as bright as the day. Then came the others, runners in sweats, doctors and nurses in scrubs, first responders in uniform, until the street overflowed from sidewalk to sidewalk.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/2014/04/1...QFM/story.html
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:10 PM   #2
CRIMPS
Benn/Seguin best friends

First Name: Zach
Trading: (50)
RA
CRIMPS is a jewel in the roughCRIMPS is a jewel in the roughCRIMPS is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Boston 1 year later

Thanks for sharing. My reaction to the bombing has always been tough to put into words. I definitely think about the victims.

I wasn't in Boston and I haven't been fortunate enough to participate in the Boston Marathon. Each time I think about the event, I have a pretty emotional reaction. I hope to have a chance to visit soon.
CRIMPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:56 PM   #3
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

My wife and I were in Boston for a mini-vacation during the bombing. We were at the Bruins game when the fans took over singing the anthem for Rene Rancourt. I still get chills down my spine thinking about what an awesome moment that was. It was such a great moment for the city in the wake of such senseless violence.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:42 PM   #4
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Thanks, Adam! Awesome Video, Brother!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:44 PM   #5
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

I watched a documentary the other night that ended with Joe Perry, Steven Tyler and a children's choir doing 'Dream On". The whole hour was quite moving.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:10 AM   #6
CRIMPS
Benn/Seguin best friends

First Name: Zach
Trading: (50)
RA
CRIMPS is a jewel in the roughCRIMPS is a jewel in the roughCRIMPS is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller View Post
My wife and I were in Boston for a mini-vacation during the bombing. We were at the Bruins game when the fans took over singing the anthem for Rene Rancourt. I still get chills down my spine thinking about what an awesome moment that was. It was such a great moment for the city in the wake of such senseless violence.
I think it was ESPN that did a spot segment on the Bruin's game that night. I got chills watching the fans take over the national anthem. Listening to the singer tell the story and watching him conduct the audience was really cool. I get chills thinking about it right now.
CRIMPS is offline   Reply With Quote