Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 04-06-2010, 11:36 AM   #21
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all
Default Re: McNabb traded to the Redskins ?

I don't care who they have at QB, nothing is going to change for the Skins in the backfield until they do something about their offensive line. I was encouraged by Jason Campbell last pre-season before everyone started to get hurt--there was a stat near the end of the season that something like 7 different players had rotated through RG during the year. Even Peyton Manning couldn't be effective with that kind of protection. It also impacts the running game--when Portis gets into the open field, he's explosive. The problem is: .... getting him into the open field. When every other play call is "Portis up the gut," and the freaking lane closes a second after the snap, there's only so much the guy can do.

One thing I'll say for Campbell is that he is one tough SOB. I've never seen a QB take that kind of punishment down after down, and make it through the season.

So I'm not sure how this is going to work out with McNabb. I like the guy and have some hope, but I'm more discouraged that Dan Snyder once again trades away high draft picks and an opportunity to build a franchise in order to get a questionable, albeit formerly great, commodity.

Anyone remember the Deion Sanders debacle? That man should never have been allowed to wear burgundy & gold. In case you forget, it's Reason #2 on the Danisadouche website :

http://dansnyderisadouche.wordpress.com/

It showed Snyder's true colors, and foreshadowed everything else this idiot has done to kill my team.

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:21 AM   #22
scoot
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Pat
Trading: (0)
scoot is on a distinguished road

Redskins fans can enjoy watching McNabb throw laser passes low and behind their receivers. He struggles hitting his target in stride but he does have a huge arm.

As for Kolb, who knows what he'll wind up doing. He's the only NFL QB to throw 300+ yards in his first two starts, but that could mean nothing. He's certainly got the weapons to make it happen with Jackson and Celek, though.
scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:11 AM   #23
alwayslit
Welcome to the madness

First Name: Jim
Trading: (14)
RA
alwayslit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
This sucks for Jason Campbell. Kid can play but will likely have to find a new home. Skins overpaid for McNabb.
......more money in the toilet
alwayslit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:39 AM   #24
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenbaseg View Post
His stats have been on the decline. He had some amazing years but his mobility really isn't a threat anymore. As a pocket passer, his stats aren't tha much better than Campbell. Granted, it's an upgrade in all aspects, but nothing that's going to really be the answer. The past few seasons, he's really declined.

IMO, he throws way too many into the ground and requires receivers to lay themselves out to get a pass.

Then again, what do I know?
I should have been more specific.. Why can't they win with Campbell? I agree I don't think McNabb is that great. If they would keep Campbell in 1 system for at least 3 years, I believe he could be a solid starter. With the right pieces he can win. As a quarterback, Campbell plays smart and doesn't turnover the ball. That's how a superbowl is won.