Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2010, 04:24 PM   #1
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (73)
Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough
Default A Martini thread?

I have recently fallen bum over noggin for the Martini (I'm a brown liqueur guy - mostly scotch, some bourbon - and beer guy).

I found that really enjoy a dirty Vodka Martini.

I've been pouring a little bit (maybe a half jigger) of Martini & Rossi Martini Extra Dry into a chilled martini glass, spinning it around to coat the whole inside of the glass and then dumping it. I've been doing 3 Olives or Titos (the only other option in the house is Svedka) and a good bit of olive brine in a martini shaker then finishing it with a few Spanish olives. I also grabbed some blue cheese and have been stuffing the olives.

Here is the question for the serious Martini guys - is there an established ratio of Vodka (or gin) to olive brine? Should I be leaving the Vermouth in the glass? Is there a different Vermouth I should be using? Shaking vs. stirring? I'd love to hear some Martini tips.