Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 09:21 AM   #41
Negncic
Killed By Death

First Name: Jim
Trading: (74)
Bolivar
Negncic will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Sometimes you call a spade a spade

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersozei View Post
Shawn, I am sorry & outraged for all the trouble Hardcz has caused to you and other stand-up members on this board.

Like others, I have previously been reluctant to leave negative feedback. Earlier this spring, Dan & I were in a sticks-for-sticks trade that never really happened--I sent him my end of some pretty choice smokes, and despite his numerous PMs promising to "get something out right away," nothing ever materialized. I took his previous good-standing at face value and I chalked it up to "sh*t happens," and just moved on. Besides, I didn't want to be the first person to tarnish his trader reputation.

Hindsight being what it is, I wish I had used the system the way it was designed and left negative feedback. Not sure if it would have prevented any of this, but it might have raised some questions. I apologize for my omission, and commit that it won't happen again. Deals gone bad will get negative feedback.

This event and Poker's post about scammers is a perfect example of why we should use the system the way it was intended.
at myself
Old 07-28-2009, 09:23 AM   #42
Negncic
Killed By Death

First Name: Jim
Trading: (74)
Bolivar
Negncic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by poker View Post
FYI: Even banned members are now visible in the memberlist
I like his new avatar.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:24 AM   #43
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
FYI: Even banned members are now visible in the memberlist
I stand (sit) corrected.

Sorry, Al.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:30 AM   #44
ahc4353

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
I stand (sit) corrected.

Sorry, Al.

No problem here.

And if you sort by rep it puts the banned guys on the last page.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:37 AM   #45
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

I'm sorry to hear that some of you got scammed. I participated in the coaster bomb for Dan a while back and he seemed like a decent guy. Just remember that according to the Hindu belief of karma, he'll probably come back as a tobacco beetle in his next life.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:38 AM   #46
mrreindeer

I'm really truly sorry to hear about this. Makes me sick, actually. We come to this board to learn, make friends and lifelong bonds over a common intrest that brings us together in the first place. Just like my craigslist scam thread, yes, we know scammers are out there and it's very unfortunate if some get through to us here on CA but it's certainly easy to feel a false sense of security when you're surrounded by such good people as we are here on CA.

I'm on the internet fraud bandwagon...privacy issues aside (even though I understand them), I do think you guys should take legal action against Dan (who I had also called a friend) and anybody else who steals from you. And that is exactly what he has done.

That, or, hey, how many of you guys have his address from bombs & trades huh? Michigan, right?.....anyone want to form a militia? (I'm certainly not suggesting this; I think the legal route is the way to go....hey, somebody's got to have his address to put on the report...).

Quote:
Heres a short list of folks who have in the past took advantage of communities like ours. Keep in mind the list goes back quite a ways.

http://www.vitolas.net/wiki/scumbags/list
Hey Kelly - I don't see kumarusc on there...what's up with that?

Again, guys, it pains me to hear about this. As far as I'm concerned, you attack a friend, you should expect the wrath from all of us. Even though I'm kind of a wimp, I can still write words that hurt so Shawn, Vin, M.J., Dave, elderboy, we got your back.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:41 AM   #47
poker
1:11

First Name: Kelly
Trading: (7)
Cohiba
poker has disabled reputation

I didnt make the list.

Cigar Asylum: A cigar board birthed without agendas, without profiting, and without advertisements. Amor puro

Character is what you do when no one is watching
Old 07-28-2009, 09:42 AM   #48
mrreindeer

Quote:
I didnt make the list.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:43 AM   #49
mrreindeer

Lookie here....I also have his phone number....if any of you would like it, I'd be happy to give it up. You know, for the fraud report.....or to order a pizza.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:44 AM   #50
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreindeer View Post
I'm on the internet fraud bandwagon...privacy issues aside (even though I understand them), I do think you guys should take legal action against Dan (who I had also called a friend) and anybody else who steals from you. And that is exactly what he has done.
I understand how you feel but please read what was posted not too long ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by croatan View Post
In response to those recommending some criminal legal action be taken in this matter, I'd just like to remind you all that cigar communities are most comfortable flying under the radar, so to speak. It shouldn't take too much thought on the subject to figure out why this would be the case.

I don't think most here would care to have their pms and posts subpoenaed as part of an investigation. People like their privacy, degree of anonymity, and any scrutiny would be detrimental.

Of course, I don't think that SilverFox would want things to go to that level, I just felt it prudent to be clear on the above points.

Last edited by poker; 07-28-2009 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Highlighting the point
Old 07-28-2009, 09:45 AM   #51
mrreindeer

I know Peter, I know....I just want the guilty to fry...it's hard, I'm resisting, I'm resisting. I sit here resisting. Makes sense.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:47 AM   #52
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

I am not in favor of taking legal action. If he wants to screw me, fine. I don't have time to deal with investigations, etc.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:55 AM   #53
MajorCaptSilly
Sklee

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Bolivar
MajorCaptSilly has disabled reputation

I got took for $158.00. Fortunately, I used PP and was able to recoup most of the money. I started the case with them after I saw the negative feedback starting to show up on his trader page. I did my purchase off board so I did not leave feedback. Isn't that normal protocol?

Thanks,

MCS
Old 07-28-2009, 10:04 AM   #54
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Heres a short list of folks who have in the past took advantage of communities like ours. Keep in mind the list goes back quite a ways.

http://www.vitolas.net/wiki/scumbags/list
How do we add Dan to the list???

Is it possible to start a list of our own as a Sticky (with rules of course)???

Smoke what you like!!!
Old 07-28-2009, 10:16 AM   #55
SilverFox

A couple of things.

My thanks to you who have either PM'd me, emailed me or spoken kind words here to me. It was not my intent this be a poor Fox thread, I went into this deal with my head up knowing that I could lose my money as I do on every deal.

It was to present the facts I had for others to be aware.

As for the legal action, I am in agreement with Poker.

An interesting point I didn't think of arrising from this was Vin's point that we all bear a culpability to provide honest trader feedback on all deals good and bad. Being a "nice guy" and not saying the truth compromises any value the trader feedback tool has to other users.

On a more smug note........I too am a firm believer in Karma..........Cigar Beetle, I like that.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:19 AM   #56
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
On a more smug note........I too am a firm believer in Karma..........Cigar Beetle, I like that.

Listen for the "pop."
Old 07-28-2009, 10:27 AM   #57
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Quote:
we all bear a culpability to provide honest trader feedback on all deals good and bad. Being a "nice guy" and not saying the truth compromises any value the trader feedback tool has to other users.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly View Post
I did my purchase off board so I did not leave feedback. Isn't that normal protocol?
I'm actually struggling with a similar question Scott. I have an "off board" deal that hasn't been satisfied and am not sure if neg feedback is appropriate. Since it's off board I can see why it shouldn't be, but if someone else got scammed by the same person and I didn't give neg feedback I'd feel pretty rotten.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:39 AM   #58
marge796
It Just Doesn’t Matter!!!

First Name: Chris
Trading: (28)
Cuaba Navy (Served With Honor)
marge796 will become famous soon enough

There are bad apples in every bushel, unfortunately.

Chris.....
Old 07-28-2009, 10:45 AM   #59
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

Quote:
A couple of things.

My thanks to you who have either PM'd me, emailed me or spoken kind words here to me. It was not my intent this be a poor Fox thread, I went into this deal with my head up knowing that I could lose my money as I do on every deal.
Speaking as a noob, it's somewhat disheartening to see you and the others who responded here, who I've seen participate faithfully in all kinds of trades, PIFs, MAWs, bombs, etc; get taken like this.
I've been amazed by the the thoughtfulness and generosity of the members of this forum. Case in point, my new baby thread. It's usually the proud dad's job to hand out some sticks. Apparently not on CA. I have several packages headed my way from B(S)oTL here. I'm keeping tabs, and I'll certainly return the favor as well as bomb some fellow noobs as finances (and my current lack of sleep ) allow.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:47 AM   #60
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry to hear of your loss Shawn (and the others who were taken for a ride). I was invited to this GB and stood back because things seemed a bit fishy with this cat. Not long after he received payments I got a text message from him saying he was passing my exit off the highway coming from a western state where he drove to purchase a new dog. So, my point is that he did in fact have the $ to refund everyone but chose not to.

While I wish it could happen - I don't think legal action would be wise especially considering the fact that nobody was planning on paying the taxes that would have been owed on the products being purchased.
Closed Thread