Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 05-07-2012, 03:35 PM   #1
mase
Undead Recruiter

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (9)
Cohiba
mase will become famous soon enoughmase will become famous soon enough
Default Don Kiki Brown Label Figurado

This is my first review so please be gentle. I still consider myself a noob and just starting to be able to identify flavors. I’ll be reviewing the Don Kiki Brown Label Figurado (thanks to Kevin (SavorTheStick).

Pre-Light Inspection:
The size of this cigar was 4.5 x 54 (at its widest point). The cigar had an interesting shape, almost like a caveman’s club. The wrapper is a simple brown color, with very small veins. I clipped the end with a guillotine cutter. The pre-light draw was nice and easy. The wrapper had hints of coffee and cocoa.

First Third:
I lit the cigar with my butane lighter. I tasted a woody flavor and some coffee. The cigar generated lots of white smoke. The ash was grey and stayed throughout. The burn was even for the first ½ inch or ¾ inch. Then, the burn started to get uneven and required some touching up. The burn issues would continue.

Second Third:
At the start of the second third, the cigar started to tunnel. I corrected the burn. As I continued, I’m getting hints of spice and leather. The burn got uneven again and it almost went out. I fixed it. At the tail end of the second third, I started to get the taste of toasted pine nuts. Through this point, I would say this cigar was medium-bodied.

Final Third:
The cigar picked up in intensity. The earlier flavors remained, but I got a lot more spice at this point. The cigar had now progressed to full-bodied. In all, it took about 50-60 minutes to finish.

Final Thoughts:
The Don Kiki had a ton of flavors. I enjoyed this cigar, but the persistent burn issues mildly impacted my enjoyment. I would definitely give these another shot. I could also see these being a great cigar to share with friends – they would love to try a cigar with such a unique shape.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:41 PM   #2
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Don Kiki Brown Label Figurado

Good review, I have had one of these and really enjoyed it
Old 05-07-2012, 03:53 PM   #3
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Nice review. I bought a box of these a couple years ago and liked them.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:32 PM   #4
Jonathan Drew
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jonathan
Trading: (0)
Bolivar
Jonathan Drew is on a distinguished road

Kiki has been really stepping up his game over the last two years. He has had some big successes with the releases of "Oja" and "Paul Stulac" as well.

One of the nicest, most humble, and true people I have ever met.

God Bless, Henry "Fatboy" Kiki Berger.
JD
Jonathan Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:48 PM   #5
lenguamor
puta por Ninfas!

First Name: Joe
Trading: (23)
PL
lenguamor will become famous soon enoughlenguamor will become famous soon enough

Love this cigar.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:19 AM   #6
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice review Kevin. Kevin also sent me one of these a few months back and I remember the distinct flavor of chocolate from this stick and it was very enjoyable.