Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Coffee & Tea Forum > Tea Discussion

Old 01-08-2012, 11:42 AM   #1
crazyirishman

Default Favorite loose leaf?

I really enjoy a Vanilla Creme Earl Gray that I purchased from Teavana.

The bitterness of the black tea is very nicely balanced out with bits of cornflower and vanilla that brew together to create a very nice golden tea.

My opinion of the best method for brewing: 2tsp of tea in a spoon strainer left still in a cup of just-under boiling water (pull the pot when you can hear the water hissing inside, but before the pot screams at you). I find that water in full boil makes the tea too bitter for my particular tastes. Stir the strainer 12 times to agitate the oils from the tea which should be visible as having settled at the bottom of the cup. I personally enjoy this tea without sugar, but I'd recommend not adding more than a tsp of sugar, as it gets far too sweet (again, according to my palate).
Old 01-17-2012, 01:08 AM   #2
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (13)
LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Favorite loose leaf?

I've been really enjoying Tao of Tea 500 Mile Chai Tea lately! Milk and sugar with a light(!) cigar is a really good mix. I find it gives the cigar a much sweeter taste.

I've also been drinking a lot of Teavana French spice Quartet, buuut there's two BIG problems for me! The price point sucks and the tea's favors are far too strong to pair with a cigar. For whatever reason my cigars begin tasting like my tea. But alone, it's very good with a tea spoon of honey (the kind that comes in the beat bc when you put him in the micro wave to warm his innards his face deforms funny like).
Old 01-17-2012, 01:20 AM   #3
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Earl Grey Creme and Mandarin Silk thus far.

Teavana has one called "Capital of Heaven Keemun" that was pretty good. But as stated Teavana's price points really suck. I think I paid $21 or so for 2 oz's. It would be $144 for a pound. Way out of my budget.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:17 AM   #4
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

I really need to get more interest in this again. My favorite loose leaf tea thus far has been Russian Caravan.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:28 PM   #5
crazyirishman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
Earl Grey Creme and Mandarin Silk thus far.

Teavana has one called "Capital of Heaven Keemun" that was pretty good. But as stated Teavana's price points really suck. I think I paid $21 or so for 2 oz's. It would be $144 for a pound. Way out of my budget.
I agree on the price.

There's just not a lot of variety for vendors in my area. Kinda sucks.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:46 PM   #6
Periferius
Wandering Sojourner

First Name: Periferius
Trading: (0)
Cohiba Army
Periferius is on a distinguished road

Java OP Superior Malabar
Periferius is offline   Reply With Quote