Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Coffee & Tea Forum > Tea Discussion

Old 01-03-2010, 09:22 AM   #1
BPCR
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Alex
Trading: (18)
Cohiba
BPCR is on a distinguished road
Default Tea Slope

Well here goes ... been a cigar smoker for a good long while and it just seemed like the thing to do was explore the world of tea and coffee. When i was at the mall i got some things... not much just what i thought i needed to get started. Was just wondering what you all though i should start with. I am a earl grey fan and love just plain old arizona sweet tea when i am out for a ride in the vette. Any sugestions would be awsome and if anyone wants to do a trade for a sampler for some cigars then hit me up......
Old 01-04-2010, 07:07 AM   #2
DougBushBC

Default Re: Tea Slope

Check out http://www.adagio.com/ I use them for almost all my tea that doesnt come in K-Cups. The Earl Grey Bravo is a great starter to loose leaf heaven. Also, tea pairs WONDERFULLY with cigars.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:23 AM   #3
baldanders
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jim
Trading: (4)
Partagas
baldanders is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougBushBC View Post
Check out http://www.adagio.com/ I use them for almost all my tea that doesnt come in K-Cups. The Earl Grey Bravo is a great starter to loose leaf heaven. Also, tea pairs WONDERFULLY with cigars.
Another one going down the slope.Just ordered the starter set.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:42 AM   #4
DougBushBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldanders View Post
Another one going down the slope.Just ordered the starter set.
Their starter kit is fab, the ingenuiTea is great and the give you some great samples to learn from!!! Welcome to the TClub
Old 01-04-2010, 07:54 AM   #5
baldanders
Still Watching My Back

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougBushBC View Post
Their starter kit is fab, the ingenuiTea is great and the give you some great samples to learn from!!! Welcome to the TClub
ingenuiTea should give you a kickback!
Old 01-04-2010, 09:45 AM   #6
Zanaspus
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Tony
Trading: (3)
Zanaspus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPCR View Post
Well here goes ... been a cigar smoker for a good long while and it just seemed like the thing to do was explore the world of tea and coffee. When i was at the mall i got some things... not much just what i thought i needed to get started. Was just wondering what you all though i should start with. I am a earl grey fan and love just plain old arizona sweet tea when i am out for a ride in the vette. Any sugestions would be awsome and if anyone wants to do a trade for a sampler for some cigars then hit me up......
It's just like cigars. You never know until you try. Adagio is a good suggestion as is Specialteas. Also, learn to brew gong fu style, it's a real eye opener.

To do so, I would suggest buying an inexpensive gaiwan. The concept is rather than some leaf for 5 minutes as many westerners do is to use a small vessel with enough leaf to fill the vessel once hydrated and do several re-steeps (note green and oolong do better than blacks for this as most blacks have little staying power). Rather than 5 minutes, consecutive steeps of say, 15, 10, 15, 20....seconds. It's amazing what this does for many teas.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:23 PM   #7
baldanders
Still Watching My Back

Partagas

WOOT! My starter set from http://www.adagio.com/
showed up today think I'll go try it out.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:55 PM   #8
baldanders
Still Watching My Back

Partagas

Made my first 2 cups of Irish Breakfast with my new ingenuiTea. makes a great cup of tea and can't wait to try the other teas that came in my starter set. They running a special so got 6 sample tins instead of 4. Asked my birthday and also sent sample tins of Capricorn and a birthday blend. That was a heck of a deal for $22.75