Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Coffee & Tea Forum > Tea Discussion

Old 10-21-2010, 03:34 PM   #1
GolfNut
Back in the woodshop!

First Name: Forrest
Trading: (38)
Partagas
GolfNut has a spectacular aura aboutGolfNut has a spectacular aura aboutGolfNut has a spectacular aura about
Default Tea help Shhhhhh......

OK, going to attempt to put something together for my wife without her knowledge! She is an avid tea lover. I know nothing of it. I know she drinks: Oolong, jasmine, green tea, flowering tea, lap sang something or other (real smokey like scotch) and probably others too. She likes the whole leaf stuff. I mentioned the pu-ehr and she wasn't familiar with it.

Anyone here recommend some others that I can surprise her with? Anything that pairs with cigars is good too since she smokes along with me. Her favorites are Illusione, Griffins, Davidoffs, 601 Reds, Royal Jamaican Gold, so anything that jives with those.

Just throw some names out for me and I'll see what I can find at the store. We have a "Health" section at the supermarket that has some loose tea. Maybe I'll get lucky.

So.......help?
GolfNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:14 PM   #2
DocLogic77
Feeling at Home

First Name: Shawn
Trading: (1)
Partagas
DocLogic77 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tea help Shhhhhh......

I really only drink Oolongs and Pu-erhs. I think you have it about covered. A nice sampler would be a terrific gift.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:18 PM   #3
mariogolbee

I like to pair Lap Sang Souchong with an Illusione 88. I like Earl Grey Creme with a Graycliff 1666 Pirate. I think I liked a melon Oolong with CC Partagas.

Might I suggest going to a local tea shop that sells loose leaf? You can bring some smokes she likes and do a smell comparison. At least they would start out the same pre light. You can also get a list of the cigar's characteristics and bring that with you for a match with some of the teas you know she adores.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:42 PM   #4
ashtonlady
The Lady is Here

First Name: Laura
Trading: (8)
Navy (Served With Honor)
ashtonlady will become famous soon enoughashtonlady will become famous soon enough

Ok, I dont drink tea. But I love the spices in this store. It may be a great place to look for tea too. http://www.spiceandtea.com/index.php
ashtonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:39 PM   #5
GolfNut
Back in the woodshop!

First Name: Forrest
Trading: (38)
Partagas
GolfNut has a spectacular aura aboutGolfNut has a spectacular aura aboutGolfNut has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariogolbee View Post
I like to pair Lap Sang Souchong with an Illusione 88. I like Earl Grey Creme with a Graycliff 1666 Pirate. I think I liked a melon Oolong with CC Partagas.

Might I suggest going to a local tea shop that sells loose leaf? You can bring some smokes she likes and do a smell comparison. At least they would start out the same pre light. You can also get a list of the cigar's characteristics and bring that with you for a match with some of the teas you know she adores.
We had a shop like that, but it closed 2 years ago.Nearest "tea" shop is now 2 hours away.

Kind of the point of this post to give me some ideas what to look for. Thanks for the ideas.
GolfNut is offline   Reply With Quote