Regard Me!

First Name: Jim
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
King James has disabled reputation
Default Re: MLB 2013 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Funny thing is, a lot of the Brewers fans I know never liked Braun, Mac.
Like me
Old 07-22-2013, 10:52 PM   #242
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by King James View Post
Like me
You were my first thought when I read this.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:54 AM   #243
King James
Regard Me!

First Name: Jim
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
King James has disabled reputation

This article explains pretty well why he is such a POS:
http://www.slate.com/articles/sports...but_there.html

"If you test positive and get suspended, then it’s standard procedure to explain away your absence from the field by passing the blame to someone else. If you test positive and don’t get suspended, then you should accept your good fortune and keep your mouth shut. Instead, Braun decided to run up the scoreboard on his ill-gotten victory"
Old 07-23-2013, 10:17 AM   #244
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

This is costing Braun 3.5M. I wish he'd go back to lying, I just had to dump him off my fantasy roster.
It was as good a time as any to take a suspension. His thumb is nagging and the Brewers aren't going anywhere.
I think 3.5M and 65 games is a bit overdone, but being as he already skated once, he had it coming and I think it's fair. It may be a bit too big a penalty for other guys who haven't had any history of this kind of stuff, if there are any. I haven't looked at the list yet, but I will in a few minutes here...

Really? They only suspended Braun? Oh, brother.

Last edited by shilala; 07-23-2013 at 10:22 AM.
shilala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:14 AM   #245
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

First Name: Mike
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light

How about some love in here for the 1st Place Rays?????
Coach Deg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:47 AM   #246
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

The Detroit Tigers added some help for their shaky bullpen Monday, acquiring reliever Jose Veras from the Houston Astros

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 07-29-2013, 11:39 AM   #247
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I heard the Rangers might be willing to sell high on Joe Nathan. The Tigers need to win right now. This year or next, for sure. If there's anything left in the coffers, they need a closer. Period.
With Smiyley and Veras, they're on the way. One more piece and they have a good shot.
I wish I knew what happened to Valverde. He's either lost his mojo completely or he's hiding an injury and he's a wrap. Regardless, I never see him becoming effective again. It's a shame.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:19 PM   #248
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

I would be shocked to see the Rangers make that deal with an AL contender, but I guess anything for the right price, eh Scott?

Old 07-29-2013, 03:45 PM   #249
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

Trading: (59)
Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light

As a Rays fan, I am not an Ortiz or Red Sox fan. I think that he should be fined for that outburst in the dugout. What do you guys think? I just think he gets a pass cause he's big papi. He was tied to steroids but swore it wasn't him and everyone dropped it. Any other player do what he did and I think it's a fine.
Coach Deg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:16 PM   #250
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

If the team wants to fine him, cool. I don't think the League should get involved.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:17 PM   #251
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I would be shocked to see the Rangers make that deal with an AL contender, but I guess anything for the right price, eh Scott?
I don't know where the Rangers sit right now, but if they've decided they can't make a run at the pennant, anything can happen. Lots of trades don't make much sense nowadays, they seem a lot more economics driven than competition driven.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:26 PM   #252
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I don't know where the Rangers sit right now, but if they've decided they can't make a run at the pennant, anything can happen. Lots of trades don't make much sense nowadays, they seem a lot more economics driven than competition driven.
They are 6 out, Scott, but right in the thick of the Wild Card race.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:27 PM   #253
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Deg View Post
How about some love in here for the 1st Place Rays?????
Does any one including people in Tampa show them any love? They can't even sell tickets during the playoffs, best shop for some love elsewhere.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:02 AM   #254
AdamJoshua

AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Nice call at home plate in the TB / RS game .. god that guy is a hack. Two game swing because of that bad call.

Quote:
Meals admitted his error to a pool reporter after the game.

“What I saw was: [Jose] Molina blocked the plate and Nava’s foot lifted,” Meals said. “But in the replays, you could clearly see Nava’s foot got under for a split second and then lifted, so I was wrong on my decision. From the angle I had, I did not see his foot get under Molina’s shin guard.”
WEEI reporting that Lee and Young close to being traded to Boston, hope this doesn't cost us heavy in prospects.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:18 PM   #255
AdamJoshua

Breaking news..... In a three-way,José Iglesias from Boston to Detroit, Peavy to Boston, Detriot sends Chicago their best prospect. Heard this from a friend a few minutes before it started hitting the wires, he never let's me down.

http://nesn.com/2013/07/mlb-trade-de...y-31-deadline/

The only thing that could make this better is if MLB suspended Afraud for this year and next, but not lifetime so they MFYs still ahd to pay him.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:44 PM   #256
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

I heard the "prospect" is Avasaill Garcia

Old 07-30-2013, 10:17 PM   #257
AdamJoshua

Looks like there are 2 or 3 more prospects coming from the Red Sox but not sure who or where they are going.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:18 AM   #258
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
Breaking news..... In a three-way,José Iglesias from Boston to Detroit, Peavy to Boston, Detriot sends Chicago their best prospect. Heard this from a friend a few minutes before it started hitting the wires, he never let's me down.
I really think Detroit got the better end of this deal. With Peralta getting up there in age, Iglesias is the perfect back-fill to their SS issue. Even though Peralta is having a killer year, the Biogenesis issue is looming over him. I really can't believe Boston gave him up.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:22 AM   #259
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Now if Detroit could trade Iglesias to the Rangers for Joe Nathan, they'd have something.
Granted, they can use Iglesias, but that's not what's gonna make them win this year or next, which they need to do before their owner passes.
Once Ilitch is gone, anything can happen to the Tigers. None of it likely to be good.

Whether the Rangers would sell to the Tigers is another thing, but they want a bat. Bad.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:46 PM   #260
Will herf for food

Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Iglesias is insurance for this year and the future SS for years to come. Peralta is on the list likely to be suspended. He's also on the last year of his deal. Tiger's couldn't take the chance of getting stuck with Danny Worth as their starting SS on a WS run.

I love both moves. Gacria is going to be a good player for Chicago. Deceptive speed for his size and a good bat.