Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 12-27-2021, 01:01 PM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default Arturo Fuente Magnum super sixty RSG

https://arturofuente.com/magr/

So, this was recommended to me by Casey at my local Smoke inn as a rare Fuente that he thought i would like. It comes with the pretty gold foil so how could i say no to this beauty? So, here's my little review of this "rare" cigar

Appearance: Light milk chocolate and pretty much perfect with a triple cap. one little vein

Draw, i punched this one and the draw is that milkshake perfect draw and i'd expect nothing less

Light was perfect initial flavors is very sweet tobacco, tea, floral, with a little coffee

sweet tobacco, tea, floral, coffee, caramel, cream, sugar cookie, nuts, wood, light cocoa notes, very light pepper

I had to give a family member a backrub while smoking the first third and this baby stayed perfectly lit the whole time and it's a testament to its construction

caramel, coffee, pepper, chai, floral, creamy, leather, cedar, nuts, earth, sweet tobacco, pumpkin, some spiciness now, cocoa

tea, caramel, pepper, chocolate, cream, pumpkin spice, earth, autumn leaves burning, wood, mild spice, pecans, some citrus notes towards the end like lemon zest but not a dominate note, cream soda notes as well,

Ash: was a little too flaky for my taste

Smoke: was steady and plentiful but not overwhelming

Finish:This was a very sweet cigar. this was a nice light cigar which you'd expect more power from something with a 60 RG. the flavors were light and crisp. it made me want to smoke it on a nice crisp autumn day. would i buy this again? of course i would because i love a lighter flavor cigar sometimes. something bugged me when i read a review of this on halfwheel. they said this was a medium plus smoke and to me it was mild to medium at best. this won't destroy the palate. anyways, i hope you enjoyed my little review and hope you're having a blessed day! God bless you all!
Old 12-27-2021, 01:03 PM   #2
bruceolee
King of Rants

Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Arturo Fuente Magnum super sixty RSG

in my cigars daily review journal i gave this a 97 which i was surprised by because in my mind it was a 94 but i had to go by their indicators in the journal. still a VERY nice smoke
Old 12-27-2021, 06:51 PM   #3
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Was the wrapper really that light, or is it the camera Jason ?

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 07:47 PM   #4
bruceolee
King of Rants

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Was the wrapper really that light, or is it the camera Jason ?
I used a flash but even with that it seemed pretty light but nowhere near what the camera shows tom