Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 10-28-2014, 10:47 AM   #81
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation
Default Re: I Pulled The Trigger on an iPhone 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave128 View Post
My wife is still waiting for hers to be shipped. Keeps getting moved. I guess she ordered one of the popular colors. Still have to get a case and screen protector. Mine's still naked for the time being and it makes me a little nervous.
Be cautious about the screen protectors you purchase.
I purchased a five-pack from Amazon and the protector covered the camera lens. FaceTime was like looking through frosted glass. I ended up cutting off a small square to expose the lens.

I also bought myself an OtterBox Commuter case. It came with a screen protector and guess what? Same design flaw. Now I can understand if these are marketed as "universal" screen protectors. But these are specifically designed for the iPhone 6.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:02 AM   #82
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

Thanks for the tip, Peter.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:45 PM   #83
weems
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (1)
Cohiba
weems is on a distinguished road

Do yourself a favor on the protector and get a tempered glass one. I don't have any experience with the others but I have the ZAGG invisible glass. They offer lifetime warranty and I screwed up the install on my first one, paid $5 shipping and had a new one at my door in a couple of days.
weems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:37 PM   #84
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Speaking of pulling the trigger.

Quote:
Former major league slugger Jose Canseco blew his middle finger clear off his hand while cleaning his handgun at home in Las Vegas.

Jose's fiancée Leila Knight tells TMZ Sports ... he was sitting at a table in their home cleaning the gun when it went off. She says he didn't know it was loaded -- and the shot ripped through the middle finger on his left hand.

Well it fit the thread title....
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:35 AM   #85
RobR1205
Starting a new chapter

First Name: Rob
Trading: (19)
HUpmann Army (Disabled Vet)
RobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
I also bought myself an OtterBox Commuter case. It came with a screen protector and guess what? Same design flaw. Now I can understand if these are marketed as "universal" screen protectors. But these are specifically designed for the iPhone 6.
I have a iPhone 5c and use Otterbox's Defender case, which does not cover the camera lens. I did a quick search and saw that the Defender for the 6's does not cover the lens either. Only drawback is that some people find it: 1. expensive and 2. bulky.

Either way, I'm a klutz so I need as much protection for my phone as possible.
RobR1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:59 AM   #86
weems
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (1)
Cohiba
weems is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobR1205 View Post
I have a iPhone 5c and use Otterbox's Defender case, which does not cover the camera lens. I did a quick search and saw that the Defender for the 6's does not cover the lens either. Only drawback is that some people find it: 1. expensive and 2. bulky.

Either way, I'm a klutz so I need as much protection for my phone as possible.
Lifeproof.
weems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 02:19 PM   #87
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

I'm saving up to pull the trigger on a NoPhone.

http://www.avclub.com/article/theres...does-no-211066

It is an upgrade on the no phone I now own.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:31 PM   #88
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
I'm saving up to pull the trigger on a NoPhone.

http://www.avclub.com/article/theres...does-no-211066

It is an upgrade on the no phone I now own.
I love it. I wonder how long the battery lasts?
Old 10-29-2014, 03:32 PM   #89
pnoon
YNWA

RA

Back on topic.

There are some really cool new features on the camera that I'm looking forward to digging into.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:38 PM   #90
Dave128
Sexy Dave

Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

Got a Pelican case and a tempered glass screen protector tonight. Zero issues with the camera.
Old 11-01-2014, 10:35 AM   #91
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

My 6+ arrived yesterday and so far it's been great. Really love the battery life!

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 01:51 PM   #92
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I ordered 9 days after you, Michael. I kind of figured mine will get pushed back, they say the 64GB models are way behind. You're the first person to say theirs showed up, so that's heartening.
My arrival date was 10/29-11/7*.
*Estimated shipping range.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:10 PM   #93
big a
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (42)
RyJ
big a will become famous soon enough

What's some other cases everyone likes for the 6? I have a spigen air cushion. Looking for something with a little more protection.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:45 PM   #94
pnoon
YNWA

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by big a View Post
What's some other cases everyone likes for the 6? I have a spigen air cushion. Looking for something with a little more protection.
Otterbox Commuter. Really happy with it.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:44 AM   #95
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Welp, mine got backordered with no idea when it may be in stock. Just changed today.
I see that they're all over at Apple stores on istocklive, and I have a number for AT&T.
I did a live chat with them and didn't get anywhere.
I figure I'd take any color, and don't mind going to the 128GB, so we'll see what happens.
I'll probably just wait. I'm not sure my patience can take it today.
I'd far rather put Peter on this. He gets sh1t done.
Old 11-07-2014, 06:31 AM   #96
pnoon
YNWA

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Welp, mine got backordered with no idea when it may be in stock. Just changed today.
I see that they're all over at Apple stores on istocklive, and I have a number for AT&T.
I did a live chat with them and didn't get anywhere.
I figure I'd take any color, and don't mind going to the 128GB, so we'll see what happens.
I'll probably just wait. I'm not sure my patience can take it today.
I'd far rather put Peter on this. He gets sh1t done.

But I often wonder if the rise in BP is worth it.
Old 11-07-2014, 06:53 AM   #97
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

We ordered a 64GB iPhone 6 last Friday (in the local AT&T store) for my wife; they told us that it would ship somewhere between 12/2 -- 12/11. I got a notification from AT&T on Wednesday that it is going to arrive tomorrow.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 09:22 AM   #98
Dave128
Sexy Dave

Ordered three 6's on 10/4 - two have arrived and are being used. My wife is still waiting for hers (I think she ordered a white/gold 64GB). We were informed, via email, that it should be shipped between 11/1 & 11/15.
Old 11-07-2014, 02:10 PM   #99
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
Be cautious about the screen protectors you purchase.
I purchased a five-pack from Amazon and the protector covered the camera lens. FaceTime was like looking through frosted glass. I ended up cutting off a small square to expose the lens.

I know the girl that was the head of marketing for lifeproof (i think that was their name) they just got bought by OtterBox, I will drop her a line and pass on your feedback and see what she has to say. I won't complain too much, her hubby is an FBI agent

btw pulled the trigger on my upgrade today, we'll see when it ships and I'll have to see about getting a case from my friend
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 02:56 PM   #100
pnoon
YNWA

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
I know the girl that was the head of marketing for lifeproof (i think that was their name) they just got bought by OtterBox, I will drop her a line and pass on your feedback and see what she has to say. I won't complain too much, her hubby is an FBI agent

btw pulled the trigger on my upgrade today, we'll see when it ships and I'll have to see about getting a case from my friend
What she will probably tell you (and I neglected to post) is that your friend (me) had a momentary lapse of judgement. I did not actually put the Otterbox screen protector on my phone. I already had the modified original that I would keep on the phone for a while. I merely laid the Otterbox screen protector on my phone to see it overlay the lens. Well, guess what? I had laid the screen protector (which is NOT symmetrical) on my phone flipped over. When I turned it around the lens was not covered. D'OH!!