Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 08-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #1
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation
Default Esteli Nicaragua/Tabacos Mundial's Habano Rose

I pulled the trigger a couple weeks ago on Andy's offer of a bundle plus a fiver for a great price. I opted for the Habano Rose, and he threw in the fiver of the other stick he offers. A couple of weeks have passed in my humidor, and a head (cold?) issue has passed, and I finally got the chance to sit down to try the Rose tonight.

Both Andy's sticks are 100% Nic puros, with his comments via PM being the Rose is less full-bodied of the two. The Rose has a grassy aroma pre-light, with hints of barnyard. Construction was flawless. Light vein in the wrapper was no more than what I see in $6-$8 sticks, and there were no blemishes or soft spots. Light-up was quick, and the draw was just right. From the first light-up to the end, this stick burned almost perfectly straight. No need to even think of a touch-up. The cigar was consistent from first draw to last in draw, burn, smoke production and taste.

The taste was immediately sweet to the tip of the tongue, with a bite on the back of the tongue that didn't quite override the sweet. This taste was pretty constant thruout, except that in the last third, some anise flavor started kicking in. The smoke production was on the above-average range, which I always prefer. I smoked the Rose down to about an inch and a half, but had to finally retreat indoors, because the mosquitoes were talking about dividing me into parts. The draw never tightened nor loosened. While Andy described this stick as medium to full, I thought it was mild to medium. However, I class Oliva V as a medium stick, but see the "V" described as full bodied in a lot of posts, so my class as medium may be just me!

About the only thing I can say that might be negative to some would be the constant flavor. I'm NOT in that group. If I find a cigar that I enjoy the taste of, I appreciate it when that taste stays with me, and doesn't wander all over the place.

Overall, I'd give this cigar a 8.5 out of 10, and would happily offer it to new and seasoned smoking friends.

Next few days, I hope to give Andy's other cigar a try.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:32 PM   #2
BlkDrew
Rolling my own...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (43)
LGC
BlkDrew will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Esteli Nicaragua/Tabacos Mundial's Habano Rose

I'm glad I got in on the same deal.
BlkDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #3
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkDrew View Post
I'm glad I got in on the same deal.
After smelling the barnyard power of the fiver sticks, I might be sorry I didn't pull trigger on one of those bundles also!!!
Old 09-14-2012, 09:15 PM   #4
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Thread revival...

Thanks for the review and photo regarding the Habano Rose Cliff. Looks to be an interesting smoke.

Did you ever get around to trying out the cigars from the 5er?
Old 09-15-2012, 04:13 PM   #5
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Mark... You mean the Milaflors? Have not. I got home at 2am from 2 weeks in the Rockies. Didn't take a cigar with me (high fire alert every where). Plan on burning one in next week or two.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:41 PM   #6
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvilleKid View Post
Mark... You mean the Milaflors? Have not. I got home at 2am from 2 weeks in the Rockies. Didn't take a cigar with me (high fire alert every where). Plan on burning one in next week or two.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:33 PM   #7
splattttttt

there has been alot of buzzing around regarding Tabacos Mundial and I'm on the drift. Contacted Andy about a mixed bndl. Can't wait now. Nice review.