Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 01-21-2009, 07:39 PM   #21
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice
Default Re: cheaphumidors.com purchases??

Quote:
Originally Posted by s15driftking View Post
Cigar customer service is different from alot of other industries.

Put it this way. Every place that i've ever done business with, that i've had quality issues with, has done right by their customer service and satisfied me to no end by making things work.
Help me understand this logic. You won't do business with cheaphumidors.com because of *1* customer service issue, but you'll do business with Thompson despite *many* customer service issues? I mean, I'm a newbie, and I'd think twice before buying from Thompson.
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:44 PM   #22
tobii3

#1 - cheaphumidors is an excellent retailer

#2 - did NO ONE NOTICE this particular point???

FERGIE NEEDS A VINO!!!!!

Old 01-21-2009, 07:46 PM   #23
s15driftking
Go Browns!

First Name: Bobby
Trading: (16)
Partagas
s15driftking has a spectacular aura abouts15driftking has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreth View Post
Help me understand this logic. You won't do business with cheaphumidors.com because of *1* customer service issue, but you'll do business with Thompson despite *many* customer service issues? I mean, I'm a newbie, and I'd think twice before buying from Thompson.

No, what im saying is that i've never heard a story that the customer has gotten so blatantly screwed.

If you have a similar story about Thompsons, please share. I will deffinitely make a decision based upon your instance as i did with the guy in the link i posted.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:57 PM   #24
sli38

I've never had a problem. They are good people.................
Old 01-21-2009, 08:04 PM   #25
Kreth
Ronin smoker

Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

Quote:
If you have a similar story about Thompsons, please share. I will deffinitely make a decision based upon your instance as i did with the guy in the link i posted.
This? Or maybe these? If I Google a company name and see a lot of complaints on Ripoff Report et al; that's a big red flag to me...
Old 01-21-2009, 08:25 PM   #26
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
i say yes, it was in-fact the reason why it was sold as an imperfect.

read post 14.

http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/access...-question.html
Seriously? That's it? I don't see a big story about how it was trashed, I see that the guy told them it was dented. Maybe a little clearer communication from him might have solved the problem. I was able to communicate my issue to cheaphumidors, and they solved it in one day.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:42 PM   #27
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (73)
Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Cigar customer service is different from alot of other industries.

Put it this way. Every place that i've ever done business with, that i've had quality issues with, has done right by their customer service and satisfied me to no end by making things work.

I EXPECT every cigar (and related) company to do the same, and when i see one who doesn't, I have no choice but to write them off. Not once have i had a problem with thompsons... and if i did, i wouldnt go there anymore.

And when a guy gets a busted up humidor that had much more extensive damage than a normal "imperfect" i would expect the company to RETURN the item. And if they dont return it... they are basically seeing "haha, we pawned the beat up **** off on you and we wont take it back"...Technically, if its an imperfect, why cant they take it back and re-sell it as an imperfect? the answer is. its worse that just an "imperfect" should be and they dont want that beat up box back... Truth

Case in point - i wont support people who pawn and overly "imperfect" humidor off on someone and wont take it back. Done

I give up.

Last edited by AD720; 01-21-2009 at 08:50 PM.
AD720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:43 PM   #28
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (73)
Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Seriously? That's it? I don't see a big story about how it was trashed, I see that the guy told them it was dented. Maybe a little clearer communication from him might have solved the problem. I was able to communicate my issue to cheaphumidors, and they solved it in one day.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:17 PM   #29
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
I EXPECT every cigar (and related) company to do the same, and when i see one who doesn't, I have no choice but to write them off. Not once have i had a problem with thompsons... and if i did, i wouldnt go there anymore.
Let me make sure I am understanding this....You didn't have a problem with cheaphumidors, your friend did. So you "saw one who doesn't (provide the cutomer service you expect)", so you "have no choice but to write them off."

OK.....so you have seen scores of people screwed by Thompson's on the boards, why don't you "write them off"?

Seems to me you are using one logic to do one thing, and not following the same logic on another. I smell an agenda.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 01-22-2009, 05:55 AM   #30
s15driftking
Go Browns!

First Name: Bobby
Trading: (16)
Partagas
s15driftking has a spectacular aura abouts15driftking has a spectacular aura about

Thats the point Icehog, I HAVENT seen horror stories abotu Thompson. I havent checked the two links posted above. But i will read them, and if it warrants reconsideration. i will take the advice and use it wisely!
Old 01-22-2009, 06:09 AM   #31
mikeyj23
Feeling at Home

First Name: Michael
Trading: (10)
HUpmann
mikeyj23 will become famous soon enough

This thread is as good as a mensa calendar in the morning.
Posted via Mobile Device
mikeyj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:42 AM   #32
tobii3

Quote:
....I HAVENT seen horror stories abotu Thompson.....

Friends don't let friends buy from Thompsons........
Old 01-22-2009, 08:14 AM   #33
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Thats the point Icehog, I HAVENT seen horror stories abotu Thompson. I havent checked the two links posted above. But i will read them, and if it warrants reconsideration. i will take the advice and use it wisely!
So, let's say someone has eBay type feedback and has something you want to buy. You check his user feedback, and he has 200 positives, and one big horror story written on his feedback page. You write him off because one in 201 people say they are dissatisfied?

Old 01-22-2009, 08:27 AM   #34
ahc4353

Personally I find this to be great logic. Never buy from any company who has one negative feedback. Think of the money you would save. You would never buy another thing!

And Tony, when you think you might wanna unload that old one please send me a PM.

And on topic, my humidor is from cheaphumidors, is an imperfect, can't find the flaw, works perfect.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:48 AM   #35
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

If you're going to actually put any humidor into use, eventually they're all going to be imperfect. I have 4 different, some bought used, some new. They all have some defects now after I've used them. Pretty is nice, but function is what counts. If you can't stand any defects, don't order an imperfect. I certainly would not expect someone selling me an imperfect humidor to send me a perfect one. It'd be nice, but it shouldn't be expected.
14holestogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:39 AM   #36
SilverFox

Nothing personal s15 but your direct experience with Cheaphumidors is nil. What you know about them (I use know very loosely) is third party hearsay with none of the other side being represented. Recognize that if we used that logic in our criminal justice system you could be sent to the Chair because I say I know a guy that saw you commit the crime...........nope doesn't work for me.

As for the OP I have purchased 3 times from cheaphumidors.com and had many phone calls and emails with Dave of Cheaphumidors.

I had a humidor arrived with cracked glass in it. I emailed Dave and he said send pictures I sent pictures, he said I check em all personally must be the shipper, I say ok what should I do, he says you don't do anything, keep the broken one if you want and I will ship out a new one today.

The next time I order a smaller box for a friend, he remembers the prior issue and sends me a note, I gave you a 5% discount and free shipping on this one from your prior problems - problems what what problem he handled it perfectly.

The last was a travel humidor and it was shipped fast and I had no problems.

Those are my direct experiences as per your request. Those are my experiences with cheaphumidors.com
Old 01-22-2009, 10:45 AM   #37
CheapHumidors
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Dave
Trading: (0)
CheapHumidors is on a distinguished road

Mind if I chime in here? Firstly hi everyone, this is Dave, owner of Cheaphumidors.com. member of the board contacted me today and suggested I check out this thread. Nice to see such a vibrant online community, never knew CA even existed until today. Definately will add to my bookmarks.

I really appreciate the kind words you have been throwing around about me here. I did want to address s15driftking as I don't believe he has the entire story.

On November 13th a customer, named David purchased an imperfect foot locker humidor and some trays. He received the item and the humidor had a dent in the corner and the trays were broken. He sent an email, however we never received it. Hey email isn't perfect, but his second email made it through and he was very upset that the trays arrived broken, and the humidor had a dent. Now look, we sell imperfect items, they are fully functioning, but will have a dent or nick or ding, thats why they are reduced in price. The trays however were new and shouldn't be damaged at all. This is exactly what we wrote back to him:

David,

We are happy to send new trays if they are damaged, those certainly should not have been and I apologize. As for the humidor, it is an imperfect and sold as such. The ding is what makes it an imperfect. The damage to the box doesn't mean it occured in transit, more likely it was sent that way, hence why it was an imperfect. Imperfects, as with all of our models come with a 30 day moneyback guarantee. If you do not like the imperfection or anything else you can certainly send it back for a refund. Imperfects are tested to ensure they work and are not intended to be show pieces, just a practical storage method that is 20%+ less than our regular prefect prices.

Dave

We followed up later in the day with this email:

If you are not happy with the humidor you just need to send it to us, and if you want a replacement and we have another imperfect we can send it, and you c an use the brass plate on the new item. If we don't have another imperfect you can opt for a store credit or credit to your credit card. As for the trays, you wouldn't be responsible for those as they were broken and we can send replacements free of charge.

Some 20 days later and I never heard back from the guy. I was more than happy to take care of everything for the guy.

So, I am sorry if there is/was some confusion on what went down. I hope that clears things up for you s15driftking and if you ever need anything please feel free to let me know.
CheapHumidors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:04 AM   #38
Kreth
Ronin smoker

Welcome to the forum, Dave. The Prestige I purchased from you last week looks great and I'm (im)patiently waiting for it to season up so I can get my smokes in there.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:08 AM   #39
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapHumidors View Post
Mind if I chime in here? Firstly hi everyone, this is Dave, owner of Cheaphumidors.com. member of the board contacted me today and suggested I check out this thread. Nice to see such a vibrant online community, never knew CA even existed until today. Definately will add to my bookmarks.

I really appreciate the kind words you have been throwing around about me here. I did want to address s15driftking as I don't believe he has the entire story.

On November 13th a customer, named David purchased an imperfect foot locker humidor and some trays. He received the item and the humidor had a dent in the corner and the trays were broken. He sent an email, however we never received it. Hey email isn't perfect, but his second email made it through and he was very upset that the trays arrived broken, and the humidor had a dent. Now look, we sell imperfect items, they are fully functioning, but will have a dent or nick or ding, thats why they are reduced in price. The trays however were new and shouldn't be damaged at all. This is exactly what we wrote back to him:

David,

We are happy to send new trays if they are damaged, those certainly should not have been and I apologize. As for the humidor, it is an imperfect and sold as such. The ding is what makes it an imperfect. The damage to the box doesn't mean it occured in transit, more likely it was sent that way, hence why it was an imperfect. Imperfects, as with all of our models come with a 30 day moneyback guarantee. If you do not like the imperfection or anything else you can certainly send it back for a refund. Imperfects are tested to ensure they work and are not intended to be show pieces, just a practical storage method that is 20%+ less than our regular prefect prices.

Dave

We followed up later in the day with this email:

If you are not happy with the humidor you just need to send it to us, and if you want a replacement and we have another imperfect we can send it, and you c an use the brass plate on the new item. If we don't have another imperfect you can opt for a store credit or credit to your credit card. As for the trays, you wouldn't be responsible for those as they were broken and we can send replacements free of charge.

Some 20 days later and I never heard back from the guy. I was more than happy to take care of everything for the guy.

So, I am sorry if there is/was some confusion on what went down. I hope that clears things up for you s15driftking and if you ever need anything please feel free to let me know.

...and that my friends is how customer service works. Thanks for the clarification and welcome to the site, Dave.
14holestogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:16 AM   #40
CheapHumidors
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Dave
Trading: (0)
CheapHumidors is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14holestogie View Post
...and that my friends is how customer service works. Thanks for the clarification and welcome to the site, Dave.
Thanks!!! Now I have to go freeze my ass off here in Tampa. 27 degrees, freaking ridiculous.
CheapHumidors is offline   Reply With Quote