Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 05-03-2020, 03:39 PM   #5581
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: I had a great cigar today thanks to......

I just nubbed a RA Club Corona '07 CC from a recent spanking from out friendly neighborhood Icehog, enjoyed on my front porch in 80* weather with an adult beverage (vodka an cranberry in a styrofoam Chick-Fil-A cup, though a random zephyr did blow it over a spill my last few sips onto the step) while listening to Papa Haydn symphonies streamed via Bluetooth from my Dell Inspiron laptop to the JBL Flip 4 speaker I acquired a a bargain price through the internet thanks to a CNet deal alert in my inbox, whilst sitting on an old Kodalux cushion to ease my bony butt a bit, and wearing my NY Yankees cap and one of the Picasso t-shirts (a burgundy one) which I bought at the massive exhibit in 1980 at MOMA in midtown Manhattan, as well as a ratty old pair of New Balance sneakers and the Levi's Signature jeans purchased through Walmart online thanks to a gift card I received from a nephew for Christmas 1999, over some Prana knitwear I normally don in lieu of more standard underwear. All in all, a very enjoyable 45 minutes or so.

TMI? Well, excuuuuse me, but the combination of the Cuban lithium and the alcohol has me even more loopy than is normal for me. Besides, I often get busted for not posting pictures, so I am doing my best to provide you with those thousand words instead.
Old 05-03-2020, 04:29 PM   #5582
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

Punch Super Finos RE Italia thanks to croatan ... a gorgeous smoke
Old 05-04-2020, 09:26 AM   #5583
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
I just nubbed a RA Club Corona '07 CC from a recent spanking from out friendly neighborhood Icehog, enjoyed on my front porch in 80* weather with an adult beverage (vodka an cranberry in a styrofoam Chick-Fil-A cup, though a random zephyr did blow it over a spill my last few sips onto the step) while listening to Papa Haydn symphonies streamed via Bluetooth from my Dell Inspiron laptop to the JBL Flip 4 speaker I acquired a a bargain price through the internet thanks to a CNet deal alert in my inbox, whilst sitting on an old Kodalux cushion to ease my bony butt a bit, and wearing my NY Yankees cap and one of the Picasso t-shirts (a burgundy one) which I bought at the massive exhibit in 1980 at MOMA in midtown Manhattan, as well as a ratty old pair of New Balance sneakers and the Levi's Signature jeans purchased through Walmart online thanks to a gift card I received from a nephew for Christmas 1999, over some Prana knitwear I normally don in lieu of more standard underwear. All in all, a very enjoyable 45 minutes or so.

TMI? Well, excuuuuse me, but the combination of the Cuban lithium and the alcohol has me even more loopy than is normal for me. Besides, I often get busted for not posting pictures, so I am doing my best to provide you with those thousand words instead.
I feel like I was there with you, Thomas. Gee, your hair smells terrific.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 12:47 AM   #5584
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about

Continuing through my trade with Gomeitsmybday.

601 Blue - fantastic. Maybe even better then the Don Pepin days!!! Holy get them Batman.

601 Red tonight. As good as the DPG for sure. Excellent cigar.

Old 05-10-2020, 09:05 AM   #5585
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

First Name: Michael
Trading: (5)
RA
gomeitsmybday will become famous soon enoughgomeitsmybday will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: I had a great cigar today thanks to......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weelok View Post
Continuing through my trade with Gomeitsmybday.

601 Blue - fantastic. Maybe even better then the Don Pepin days!!! Holy get them Batman.

601 Red tonight. As good as the DPG for sure. Excellent cigar.

Excellent!! So happy to hear you like them both! For quite a while now I've been wanting someone who had smoked the DPG era 601s to compare them to the new 601s. I had heard quality plummeted after the split from DPG, not sure exactly where they were coming out of at that point, maybe La Zona directly? But from this article, it appears they are being made at AJs San Lotano Factory these days.

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/arti...01-brand-19153

Particularly for the price, they are spectacular cigars imo & I highly recommend that folks that used to like DPG 601s reconsider trying the new ones again!

Btw Dave I don't know about you, but the 601 Red reminds me a lot of the RASS. Of course, not completely identical, but it seems to me that if someone was to blend a NC cigar that was inspired by the RASS, the 601 Red would be a worthy attempt!
gomeitsmybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 04:11 PM   #5586
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

RA
gomeitsmybday will become famous soon enoughgomeitsmybday will become famous soon enough

BBF thanks to Weelock! I'm a big fan of Bolivar as a brand, consistent & flavorful and imo it shines best in the BF format. I know a lot of folks like the RCs and they are great too, but for my money, BF > RC.
Old 05-12-2020, 11:29 PM   #5587
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomeitsmybday View Post

BBF thanks to Weelock! I'm a big fan of Bolivar as a brand, consistent & flavorful and imo it shines best in the BF format. I know a lot of folks like the RCs and they are great too, but for my money, BF > RC.
Glad you enjoyed it and probably my favorite CC although they are all good but the Bolivar’s seem to be pretty consistent year over year in my limited experience with them.
Old 05-20-2020, 10:59 PM   #5588
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

RA

Another 601 from Gomeitsmybday, the 601 La Bomba Atom.

Ok, last La Bomba I’d smoked was an ICPCR release gifted to me by a cigar shop owner.

This Atom does NOT match my recollection at all. The OR was more of a woodsy Corojo medium body cigar if memory serves me correctly and was unremarkable.

This cigar was full bodied and a little over my head LOL. Wow. This was a strong cigar!!

Definitely pays to revisit cigars.

Old 05-21-2020, 05:50 AM   #5589
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

RA

Excellent! I had a feeling you'd like that one, definitely a powerful smoke. However, just to be clear, that one in your photo is a special release, the 601 La Bomba Warhead Maduro...here is a Halfwheel link to that release:

https://halfwheel.com/601-la-bomba-warhead-iv/279221/

Boxes of 10, a bit pricier and harder to come by, but worth it imo! Now, I did also include an original 601 La Bomba blend in your sampler as well (It's probably either a corona or toro) which has the yellow label on the foot and yeah that one has more of a corojo profile so I suspect that's the one you have had before. Will be curious to see what you think of that one as well!!
Old 05-21-2020, 09:19 AM   #5590
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Crusty old RyJ Corona Grande thanks to AdamJoshua!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 05-21-2020, 10:48 AM   #5591
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

RA

Thanks for clearing me up!!! This makes so much more sense, wow.

This cigar was so dramatically different then I recollect but I didn’t think to check on Maduro. The construction was really interesting on the PIF tail fuse hah.

Thanks for letting me try this cigar!!

Quote:
Excellent! I had a feeling you'd like that one, definitely a powerful smoke. However, just to be clear, that one in your photo is a special release, the 601 La Bomba Warhead Maduro...here is a Halfwheel link to that release:

https://halfwheel.com/601-la-bomba-warhead-iv/279221/

Boxes of 10, a bit pricier and harder to come by, but worth it imo! Now, I did also include an original 601 La Bomba blend in your sampler as well (It's probably either a corona or toro) which has the yellow label on the foot and yeah that one has more of a corojo profile so I suspect that's the one you have had before. Will be curious to see what you think of that one as well!!
Old 05-21-2020, 07:26 PM   #5592
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weelok View Post
Thanks for clearing me up!!! This makes so much more sense, wow.

This cigar was so dramatically different then I recollect but I didn’t think to check on Maduro. The construction was really interesting on the PIF tail fuse hah.

Thanks for letting me try this cigar!!
Sure thing! Just glad to see that you've been enjoying the 601s in general, great cigars as of recent!
Old 05-23-2020, 01:34 PM   #5593
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

RA

Okay my turn!

Blackbird Cigar Co/Cubra Raven - thanks to Weelock for this one! Very rich, but surprisingly smooth for how strong it is, almost no pepper except for a light zing on the finish which is nice! The profile is a little nondescript but despite that, very enjoyable and it burns like a charm, not a single relight or touch up! Thanks again for the tasty stogie Weelock!

Last edited by gomeitsmybday; 05-23-2020 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Clarity!
Old 05-24-2020, 03:09 AM   #5594
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

RA

Quote:
Okay my turn!

Blackbird Cigar Co/Cubra Raven - thanks to Weelock for this one! Very rich, but surprisingly smooth for how strong it is, almost no pepper except for a light zing on the finish which is nice! The profile is a little nondescript but despite that, very enjoyable and it burns like a charm, not a single relight or touch up! Thanks again for the tasty stogie Weelock!
Your welcome!!! Glad you enjoyed it. They are good but not sure I would buy again but I’m happy I tried them and I’m happy you got a chance to try before buying hah.
Old 05-24-2020, 03:16 AM   #5595
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

RA

From Hippi3Slay3r the first up from his MAW / PIF package he sent me. This is ROTT and as predicted, it never made it to the humidor. The Viaje Satori in a size I’ve never tried. I have smoked two or three boxes of the toro size and this is from the good years of Viaje, I can tell!!!!

Rich, smooth, sweet, pepper, charred cedar, oh my. Honestly a perfect cigar for me and my palate. Viaje just doesn’t make a cigar like this anymore but the new release Oro is as good as any I remember so maybe he is getting things in order.

A wonderful cigar And a rare HTF so thank you very much!!!! This cigar brings back so many memories.

Old 05-24-2020, 03:45 AM   #5596
Hippi3Slay3r
ಥ_ಥ

First Name: Kyle
Trading: (22)
Bolivar
Hippi3Slay3r will become famous soon enoughHippi3Slay3r will become famous soon enough

Glad you enjoyed it. I'll have to head back to the shop I picked it up from if I remember they were still sitting on about a dozen of them plus a few 2018 LE skull and bones and full moons.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:10 AM   #5597
massphatness

ERdM

A really nice PSD4 to kick off a relaxing Sunday morning by the fire courtesy of jdakine. Mahalo, my friend!

Old 05-24-2020, 10:21 AM   #5598
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by massphatness View Post
A really nice PSD4 to kick off a relaxing Sunday morning by the fire courtesy of jdakine. Mahalo, my friend!

Ditto and all that besides the fire. Mahalo, Jay!

Old 05-24-2020, 12:38 PM   #5599
massphatness

ERdM

Great minds and what not ...
Posted via Mobile Device
massphatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 01:35 PM   #5600
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by massphatness View Post
Great minds and what not ...
Posted via Mobile Device
And great friends from off te mainland!