Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 11-09-2014, 10:27 AM   #1
badbriar

Default Camacho Ecuador

Camacho Ecuador Toro 6 X 50 is a really good cigar! Had this one for only a month or so in the humidor and remembering what many say about the Camacho need for long term aging, was not sure what to expect. To begin with, construction was excellent as expected from Camacho. Not sure, but looked like a triple cap. Used a Xikar X8 to just lightly shave a little off and the draw was on spot. Toasting went quickly and then came big, bold, smoky aromas with a LOT of smoke. Not far from Undercrown levels! First draw was intense, with savory, campfire smoky, salty flavors billowing forth.(love this combination!) Damn- what a great start! There was never any sweetness at all, but a lot of deep, dark, rich tobacco flavors with that savory note remaining in some part for at least the first 2/3 of the stick. There were some changes that took place, with a nutty spiciness coming in after the first inch or so. Things were never harsh and a smooth, almost creamy, spiciness developed towards the last third. Burn was almost flawless throughout and the stick was able to remain lit even when put down for 3-4 minutes. As one who prefers maduros, this cigar is a good addition when I want something as big and bold with excellent flavors. This makes three Camachos that remain among my favorites ( Triple Maduro, Blackout and Ecuador). IMHO, this is one if the better Camacho offerings. Good to see that Camacho is still able to put out good cigars after becoming part of Davidoff.
Highly recommended!
Old 11-09-2014, 11:13 AM   #2
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Camacho Ecuador

Good review Rob
Old 01-01-2015, 04:36 PM   #3
papichulo
Diablo Canoso

Trading: (2)
papichulo will become famous soon enough

I enjoyed this cigar. It is on the milder side for me, but nonetheless, a great smoke. Thanks for sharing your experience. bb
Old 01-01-2015, 05:20 PM   #4
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Great review
Old 05-01-2015, 01:39 PM   #5
oldforge
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
HUpmann
oldforge has a spectacular aura aboutoldforge has a spectacular aura aboutoldforge has a spectacular aura about

I really like these. The robusto is more intense than the other vitolas. They are now available at a good price at http://cigarplace.biz/all-brands/cam...o-ecuador.html
oldforge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 03:09 PM   #6
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Thanks for the great review Rob
Old 05-01-2015, 04:21 PM   #7
SnuffCan
Smokin' & Jokin'

First Name: Frank
Trading: (1)
SnuffCan is on a distinguished road

Man, this is a great review. I just smoked my first one of these last weekend. It was a great smoke...I am searching for another one, but the boys in Burke on't carry them.