Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 01-31-2012, 06:50 PM   #21
schollianmj

Default Re: Is it just me

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzi16 View Post
taste is more than just what your senses perceive.
if you are very excited to get that box in, when you do your mind is in a very good place. you smoke one of em in that good place and there you go... good cigar. a few months later you grab another one and the thrill oif opening the box has worn off... its only ok in comparison.

... its a theory anyway.
yep. part if it is the mental thing. another part is that later down the line you remember the excitement of the fresh box and how good it was, but alas now the stick has aged a bit/gotten wetter or drier from your humi/absorbed traces of flavor from other sticks in your humi and mentally you are expecting the ROTT flavor profile but it has changed. so now your mind tells you that it is not what you expected.

that said I always smoke ROTT. I tend not to buy a LOT of sticks (granted I just bought another 150 cap humi cause my other was full and so were my tupperdores) but I seldom buy more than a 5er of any one stick at a time. I never smoke the same stick twice in a week, so I never get notions stuck in my mind as to how a stick should taste. My notebook simply states if it was good, great, yummy or fantabulous. or varrying shades of bad down to dogrocket...