Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 12-24-2008, 07:33 PM   #1
TOB9595
Managing the UnManageable

First Name: Tom
Trading: (12)
TOB9595 is on a distinguished road
Default Here's what I do for remote temp/humidity readings

That can display four different spaces for real time temperature and humidity.
Dont you just hate when you have left the door open for your humidor. All that sweet water vapor escaping!

Even when I just want to check my humidity levels inside a cigar storage container; precious, hard earned, constant humidity ranges are lost to the atmosphere.
The best way, I have found, to keep the opening of cigar storage boxes to a minimum is to use a three channel Temperature humidity station made by HONEYWELL.
For many years I have used HONEYWELL equipment to maintain and control the environment of buildings. Pharmaceutical R&D and others that need to have good environmental control.

I use this Honeywell weather station This pic shows channel 2 displayed. 56 degrees and 67% humidity in storage container #2.

I purchased the station model WS-9410TWC-BP (comes with one transmitter) $20, and four transmitters for temp/humidity $15 each at weatherconnection.com

I first got a station with one remote transmitter in a deal. I got to thinking as to how I would really benefit from having six remote transmitters in six cigar storage containers. I feel that the least number of unneeded box openings and the resultant humidity changes the better for my sticks and me.

I was looking to get another brand of station thus at hree different remote transmission bands.
BUT
for the cost....it was not to be.

Here are the transmitters I bought: 4 transmitters for $15 each. TS33C

Here is a pic of a transmitter that I mounted on the lid of my boxidoor

I thought I would figure a way to change the transmit bands of three and match it with a change in station reception.
This is beyond me.
Anyone have any ideas?

The remote stations are very pricey and these are the best prices I have found.

One transmitter arrived DOA and I will be sending that back soon.

The three transmitters that I do have set up work very well and are accurate and have enough range to meet my desires of being able to see the humidity in three boxes on the first floor
This pic:

as well as seeing the readings while I am in the basement.
This pic showing the basement ambient t/h

All this without opening the cigar containers.

This allows much better humidity control than opening the box to see the humidity.

I have a bunch of digital hygrometers that I have calibrated. I have not calibrated the several Western Digital per their instructions.
I still don't feel comfy not physically dialing in a reading...but that may be old skool instrumentation training taking over
Old 12-24-2008, 09:49 PM   #2
acarr
Have My Own Room

Trading: (34)
acarr will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Here's what I do for remote temp/humidity read

That is sweet, now we need the internet camera to keep an eye on those for when you are out of town. I have serious considered that
acarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:27 PM   #3
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Hmmm... I have to consider this. Right now I am too tired to read it. Thanks for the information!
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 01:22 AM   #4
Cigary

Quote:
Originally Posted by acarr View Post
That is sweet, now we need the internet camera to keep an eye on those for when you are out of town. I have serious considered that
I thought I was the only person to think of this,,,I don't feel so bad now.