Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Pipe Forum > Discussion

View Poll Results: How much do you want to spend?
< $100 11 40.74%
< $150 10 37.04%
< $200 5 18.52%
> $200 1 3.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2010, 08:00 AM   #21
CigarGuy88
Good Cigar = Good Day

First Name: Steve
Trading: (38)
LGC
CigarGuy88 will become famous soon enoughCigarGuy88 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: CA Custom Pipe 2010

Mark's pricing is based off the size of the body and the intricacy of the finish... I will email him but I'm gonna guess that the pricing will be the same as his #4 pricing on the price list I posted... Which is also the same pricing as the design I posted here.

Also are you saying to call Boswell to see if they're willing to do a series of pipes for us?
CigarGuy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:24 AM   #22
BigFrank
5 3 1

First Name: Frank
Trading: (25)
Partagas
BigFrank will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarGuy88 View Post
Mark's pricing is based off the size of the body and the intricacy of the finish... I will email him but I'm gonna guess that the pricing will be the same as his #4 pricing on the price list I posted... Which is also the same pricing as the design I posted here.

Also are you saying to call Boswell to see if they're willing to do a series of pipes for us?
Ya the website says they are not doing special order pipes, but does that mean single special order pipes? or larger group buy style orders?
Old 10-24-2010, 09:41 AM   #23
CigarGuy88
Good Cigar = Good Day

LGC
CigarGuy88 will become famous soon enoughCigarGuy88 will become famous soon enough

* We are currently a bit overwhelmed by the volume of emails we have received in regard to special order pipes. In order to provide the level of service all of our customers deserve, we will be unable to take any special orders until we catch up. In the meantime, please check our "Pipes For Sale" page, as we will be posting new pipes frequently.

This is whats on their website so my guess is no they're not taking any special orders at all but I'll get in contact with them just to make sure..
Old 10-27-2010, 08:28 PM   #24
Savor the Stick
~Loves the Lord~

First Name: Kevin, or just K
Trading: (67)
Partagas Navy (Served With Honor)
Savor the Stick has disabled reputation

Quote:
Also at this point I'm looking very hard at American Pipe (Mark Tinsky) to do the pipes... I also think that we can do different levels of the pipes.... If lets say we get a pipe design/size down and some people want to spend less and other people want to spend more and get a more expensive pipe. Differences would be grain quality, silver or gold bands and stuff like that.

Heres the price guide... http://www.amsmoke.com/Index%20Folder/PRICE.html

The one problem I've noticed is pipes are mainly over $100 and most over $150 but I'm going to get in contact with him and see if he can make a little more of a budget pipe for us...

Any other pipe makers you would recommend?
I would like to get in on this my top price would max out at $ 150. I hope this progresses.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:22 PM   #25
DrDubzz
Formerly RX2010

First Name: Tim
Trading: (34)
Bolivar AirForce (Active)
DrDubzz has a spectacular aura aboutDrDubzz has a spectacular aura about

Hackert makes a good pipe, I think you'd be pleased with what you get for sure
DrDubzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:00 PM   #26
docdoty
Cigars &amp; Guns...what else

First Name: Justin
Trading: (8)
RA AirForce
docdoty is on a distinguished road

Eric Nording makes some really nice custom pipes and he might be willing to do someting like this. The owner of my local B & M knows him I can see if i can get into contact with him if you would like. I met him about a year ago as he came here for an event. PM me if you would like me to try and get into contact with him
Old 11-21-2010, 08:52 PM   #27
alley00p
Adopted MassHole

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (41)
Partagas AirForce (Served With Honor)
alley00p has a spectacular aura aboutalley00p has a spectacular aura aboutalley00p has a spectacular aura about

Does anyone know if Tim West does any custom work? He's located in Columbus, Ohio.

I have a couple of Tim's pipes, and I like them very much.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:27 PM   #28
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

I think the nosewarmer pipe seems to be a favorite to a majority here. I was looking at the Boswell site here:

http://www.boswellpipes.com/stubbynosewarmergallery.html

http://www.boswellpipes.com/nosewarmer21010.html

Photo's 1, 5, 12, 14, 15, and 27 were of interest, with the finish of #'s 1, 5, or 14 being favorable for a agreed upon nosewarmer.

With that in mind, Jake Hackert sounds like a reasonable choice and he can be found here:

http://www.pamall.net/pipes/page2.html

I know Boswell' could produce these for us for around $100 - $115, but they are not taking these type of orders. They produce an excellent pipe for this price bracket.

The other person to look at would be Mark Tinsky. I think he's a bit overpriced and may not want to get involved in making a simple pipe for us. I could be wrong, but it will be interesting to see what he would charge us for a group buy.

That's just my 2 cents. The nosewarmer sounds great and it would be nice to have one bent.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:29 PM   #29
CigarGuy88
Good Cigar = Good Day

LGC

Im pretty sure jake is one of the guys i contacted and he said he would not be able to do these for us... and with mark we're looking at around $140 for a pipe
Old 11-22-2010, 12:04 PM   #30
gijoey959

I'd be in for the pipe provided I had some warning, you married guys know what i mean
Old 11-22-2010, 12:12 PM   #31
CigarGuy88
Good Cigar = Good Day

LGC

That means you're just gonna need to buy her some jewelry right Joey?
Old 11-22-2010, 12:41 PM   #32
McSmokey
Feeling at Home

First Name: Justin
Trading: (30)
LGC
McSmokey will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinCA View Post
I think the nosewarmer pipe seems to be a favorite to a majority here. I was looking at the Boswell site here:

http://www.boswellpipes.com/stubbynosewarmergallery.html

http://www.boswellpipes.com/nosewarmer21010.html

Photo's 1, 5, 12, 14, 15, and 27 were of interest, with the finish of #'s 1, 5, or 14 being favorable for a agreed upon nosewarmer.

With that in mind, Jake Hackert sounds like a reasonable choice and he can be found here:

http://www.pamall.net/pipes/page2.html

I know Boswell' could produce these for us for around $100 - $115, but they are not taking these type of orders. They produce an excellent pipe for this price bracket.

The other person to look at would be Mark Tinsky. I think he's a bit overpriced and may not want to get involved in making a simple pipe for us. I could be wrong, but it will be interesting to see what he would charge us for a group buy.

That's just my 2 cents. The nosewarmer sounds great and it would be nice to have one bent.
I like the idea of a bent nosewarmer as well and 1 and 5 are my favorites off that series.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:11 PM   #33
gijoey959

Quote:
That means you're just gonna need to buy her some jewelry right Joey?

I wonder if Tiffany & Co has an "I'm sorry I spent the tobacco budget on a pipe" collection
Old 11-22-2010, 04:06 PM   #34
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSmokey View Post
I like the idea of a bent nosewarmer as well and 1 and 5 are my favorites off that series.
I like those as well Justin...
Old 12-09-2010, 09:21 PM   #35
TheatyHannington
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (2)
TheatyHannington is on a distinguished road

No love for North Idaho? Give TC Fuller a call or send him an email. He's probably got some time on his hands and he is always interested in interesting things. Never seen him make a nosewarmer though. Could be fun.

http://tcfullerpipes.com/

I've got a couple of his. Most durable pipes I've ever smoked. Haven't had one break on me yet. I average a couple of bowls a day.

Just trying to support the local boys up here on the Palouse.
TheatyHannington is offline   Reply With Quote