Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2014, 02:29 PM   #20
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ray Rice

The only thing I can add is that I thought the NFL's stance and subsequent invention of a new stance is deplorable.
They knew full well what happened. Rice got 2 games.
Then the video comes out, and that warrants an indefinate suspension.
So, what exactly does this say? It seems to suggest knocking your wife out is bad, but it's REALLY bad if it gets caught on video.

That's my first thought.
I do have to admit that I thought that his suspension may have been adequate based on the fact that his wife didn't press charges, and I assumed the NFL had to have a lot more information that perhaps somehow mitigated the severity of the crime. (Maybe she had a gun pointed at his head, or something along those lines, I was thinking.)
Once you've seen the video, you can see that he just did it matter-of-factly, and his body language showed no guilt or remorse whatsoever. Just another day in the office for Ray.

I hope he never comes back. It's about time the NFL took the trash out, whether it's going to cost owners a few bucks or not. The number of downright deplorable human beings they're harboring and coddling nowadays is just completely out of control.